Tyler's Mom Chimes In

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Tyler's Mom Chimes In

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2013/07/05/tyler_seguins_mom_lashes_out_at_boston_media_over_partying_reports.html

Poor kid.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Tyler's Mom Chimes In

ouch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Tyler is a grown man @ 21 he can speak  for himself when the time is right I am sure he will. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Did anyone think she was going to say "yeah, he parties too much, his father and I have spoken to him also but to no avail?"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

That was just embarassing. And not very professional. But it explains alot really.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

My mom would take issue with this.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Wait till he gets to Dallas, nightlife there is off the hook!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Funny she only talked about the SCF, but not the Leaf series so much. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Hope he likes blondes.. 

ending threads since '07

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Where's the part about 1 goal in 70 shots in the playoffs?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Mommy, mommy fight my battles for me"

Another winner of the word of the day..."dungpile"!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I do think there is some truth on both sides.  Tyler probably enjoyed being rich, popular and 21.  I do think however that organizations spin things so they are not viewed as the bad guys.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Did anyone think she was going to say "yeah, he parties too much, his father and I have spoken to him also but to no avail?"

I'm not sure if Tyler's mom sticking up for him is the best way to negate those who say he needs to be more professional. I'd be sour if I was Tyler.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I don't think he is having his mother fight his battles for him.  She is in Toronto where everyting in hockey is magnified, someone asks her a question and all the anger she is feeling comes out.  I don't think she went looking to tell her story.  I don't understand why we have to bash every player who is traded out of Boston although I bashed Phil because I think he has the personality of a wet dish rag.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I'm not sure if Tyler's mom sticking up for him is the best way to negate those who say he needs to be more professional. I'd be sour if I was Tyler.

I agree that Tyler might wish his mom had kept quiet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd bet she was contacted by the paper and the journalist asked about the stories. What parent is not going to defend their kid?

I say that, with the thought that I'm sure these stories get better by the time they get to the journalists.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd bet she was contacted by the paper and the journalist asked about the stories. What parent is not going to defend their kid?

I say that, with the thought that I'm sure these stories get better by the time they get to the journalists.

[/QUOTE]

Kel, I have absolutely no doubt that the reporter called with the specific intention of baiting her into that response. She acted like a typical mom. I'm just saying Tyler would have likely preferred if his mom offered no comment. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

No question Dez, I'm sure he's emabarassed by it, along with a alot of things are being written and said about him the last 24 hours.

I bet some are true, some are true but exaggerated, and some are made up, and mom has read them all or had them told to her by people.

Must have been an interesting 24 hours at the Seguin house hold. I dont blame Mrs Seguin for firing back, thats her son.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

She later indicated that if she were in net for the Bs, she'd have made that last save on Bolland because, you know, she's more of a positional player in her 40+ Recreational league than a flippity-floppity instinctive one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

I don't think he is having his mother fight his battles for him.  She is in Toronto where everyting in hockey is magnified, someone asks her a question and all the anger she is feeling comes out.  I don't think she went looking to tell her story.  I don't understand why we have to bash every player who is traded out of Boston although I bashed Phil because I think he has the personality of a wet dish rag.

well said, huntbri....  all she did was what any mother of a 21-year-old would've done....

why can't we just wish the kid good luck?....  he brought the B'S a very good player in return....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

She later indicated that if she were in net for the Bs, she'd have made that last save on Bolland because, you know, she's more of a positional player in her 40+ Recreational league than a flippity-floppity instinctive one.

LoL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Kel, I have absolutely no doubt that the reporter called with the specific intention of baiting her into that response. She acted like a typical mom. I'm just saying Tyler would have likely preferred if his mom offered no comment. 

dez, I have no doubt you remember this from last season when a similar thing happened involving James Reimer's mother when he was injured by Brian Gionta who collided with his head as he skated through his crease.  As is customary with NHL teams the Leafs released only that Reimer suffered an upper body injury. 

Toronto Star sports writer Dave Feschuk rang up his mother who revealed the lastest of his concussions worried her.  BAM! Out goes the article followed by word Burke was mad at the newspaper for approaching her.  Another mother speaking on her son. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

RHO, it sells papers I guess. These are the Leafs Of Our Lives................

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

RHO, it sells papers I guess. These are the Leafs Of Our Lives................

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

Bang on, dez.  Case in point; today's Sun front page.

CAN_TSUN.jpg

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Thanks for?

idiots.

Karma?....ericksson will own the leafs. Then its back to eating s h i t.