Tyler's Seguin's Character

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Tyler's Seguin's Character

This was a major factor in his troubles in Boston. Character wise this kid may turn it around. I think B's brass questioned his comittment and work ethic but there is no doubt he is a quality guy.

http://video.stars.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1315&id=515025&lang=en

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Re: Tyler's Seguin's Character

Considering he's the 14th leading scorer and tied for 8th leading goal scorer in the league he's already turned it around as a player. Nice piece, he is a quality person. 

He had some maturity issues in Boston, and didn't fit Julien's system.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Tyler Seguin: 19-18-37

Reilly Smith:  14-16-30

Seguin:  $6,750,000

Smith:  $900,000

Cost differential:  $835,000 per point.

F Seguin, the bitchboy Ed Hardy drunk party fool.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm not really interested in the character stuff one way or the other.

None of that will ever bother me half as much as the playoff disappearing act.

Reilly Smith is like the stock option they threw into your salary package, which increased 5-fold since August.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:[QUOTE]

F Seguin, the bitchboy Ed Hardy drunk party fool.[/QUOTE]

^All of this!

+100!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Here we go.

Here comes stanjon/marco/neely66 to tell us how many Cups would have to be mailed to Boston had Chierelli not traded him.

That train is never late.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

No question the Bruins got a great return, and it doesn't end with Smith and Eriksson. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to croc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No question the Bruins got a great return, and it doesn't end with Smith and Eriksson. 

[/QUOTE]

It sure doesn't.  I haven't seen Morrow play, but I do know he was the return on Brendan Morrow to Pitt.  If Fraser can do something as well, it's a major bounty that might be a storied deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Most os Seguin's goals this year have comem against the Jets-lol 7 I think

He was zero in the playoffs!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Canadianfan6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Most os Seguin's goals this year have comem against the Jets-lol 7 I think

He was zero in the playoffs!!

[/QUOTE]

He has 6 in the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:[QUOTE]

F Seguin, the bitchboy Ed Hardy drunk party fool.[/QUOTE]

^All of this!

+100!

[/QUOTE]

Smith also goes into the dirty areas and gives 110% every shift.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

6 goals in 42 career playoff games. What a stud.

If you look at Seguin's game log, most of his points come against weak teams. 4 point games against WPG (x2) and PHI, and a 5 point game against Calgary. No offense to your Jets, Red, but they're not very good right now.

I'm not trying to discount Seguin as a player, as I think he's an incredibly talented player who probably just didn't fit in this system, but I don't know if he's the big-game player that the Bruins needed. I think he'll thrive in a market that doesn't demand championships (Dallas), but needs the seats filled, as he brings excitement. However, he doesn't do well when performing against the best.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

What was is not what is and what is is more important than what was.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not really interested in the character stuff one way or the other.

None of that will ever bother me half as much as the playoff disappearing act.

Reilly Smith is like the stock option they threw into your salary package, which increased 5-fold since August.

[/QUOTE]

Perfect.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to neely66's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here we go.

Here comes stanjon/marco/neely66 to tell us how many Cups would have to be mailed to Boston had Chierelli not traded him.

That train is never late.

[/QUOTE]

Kel ut would not have to be those If the post patromanl doesn't get ppl banned for no reason.  Still waiting to get answers on that - I  won't stop till I do. 

Heres a suggestin wait till we get to playoffs before we relish in this trade return

[/QUOTE]

Before Smith started heating up you were relishing in the fact how lopsided you thought the trade was. Now you want to wait until the playoffs? Do you expect Dallas to go further than Boston?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm thrilled with Reilly Smith, but trying to make a case that Seguin was a cancer or a problem on the B's is a joke. It is PR-spun and the B's NESN video was done in spectacular fashion to get idiot fans to gobble up the "hate." It was done in also terrific fashion to discredit Adrian Gonzalez in his time as a Sox, discredit Manny on his way out the door, and other Boston superstars--Joe Thornton too. Why is it that when the B's or New England/Boston sports teams let go or trade a player of high caliber, it has to end with how much he hurt the team. Baloney. I'm tired of it, and I expect better from the B's organization. Seguin wasn't the only guy not scoring goals in a very tough final few series v. some of the NHL's best teams--Pittsburgh, Chicago. He was trying hard and making plays and the puck just wasn't going in. Jagr, same thing. Making plays, setting up offensive chances...puck hits post, great pass, shooter goes wide....it was on-going theme. Seguin did not perform to his expectations according to the B's management, and I can accept that he has to accept some blame for that lack of performance. But to equate his "partying" and his "work ethic" to what amounts to a kid who has still a few years to mature is an all-time misconception. You don't give up on guys this early, not high draft picks like him. He will score at tremendous rates and be among the NHL's top points makers for years to come...I hope Reilly Smith is as good in the long run.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm thrilled with Reilly Smith, but trying to make a case that Seguin was a cancer or a problem on the B's is a joke. It is PR-spun and the B's NESN video was done in spectacular fashion to get idiot fans to gobble up the "hate." It was done in also terrific fashion to discredit Adrian Gonzalez in his time as a Sox, discredit Manny on his way out the door, and other Boston superstars--Joe Thornton too. Why is it that when the B's or New England/Boston sports teams let go or trade a player of high caliber, it has to end with how much he hurt the team. Baloney. I'm tired of it, and I expect better from the B's organization. Seguin wasn't the only guy not scoring goals in a very tough final few series v. some of the NHL's best teams--Pittsburgh, Chicago. He was trying hard and making plays and the puck just wasn't going in. Jagr, same thing. Making plays, setting up offensive chances...puck hits post, great pass, shooter goes wide....it was on-going theme. Seguin did not perform to his expectations according to the B's management, and I can accept that he has to accept some blame for that lack of performance. But to equate his "partying" and his "work ethic" to what amounts to a kid who has still a few years to mature is an all-time misconception. You don't give up on guys this early, not high draft picks like him. He will score at tremendous rates and be among the NHL's top points makers for years to come...I hope Reilly Smith is as good in the long run.

[/QUOTE]

Great points. I think the Bruins believe that their time is now and they cannot wait for him to mature, if at all. PC has stated that their 'mandate' is to win Cups now. 

I have to admit that I was shocked at the time of the trade, as I too think you have to give talent like that as much time as possible. But in the end, realized that he just wasn't doing what he should, or his projected star wasn't going to shine for what he is paid. And in a Cap league, you must take that into consideration.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

perry, if they cited Cap, which I do think was a factor, I would have liked to have heard that from Chiarelli/Neely. But it didn't seem that was their reasoning. Cap space is important and Seguin had a high contract, but you really don't see too many quotes about using it as a reason to dump him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

dannycater, true enough. I did read someone quote PC about "those 30 goal guys" and I believe it was in reference to Seguin. My understanding of the quote was to say that there are guys that do that, but are over paid and the Bruins didn't want to do that. Essentially the Bruins will pay for 40+, but not for what Seguin was delivering.

I stand to be corrected if I misread into that statement.    

And his playoff production was very low. At this point he is 18 pts in 42 games, which is bad enough, but take away the 5 pt game against Tampa, and you have 13 Pts in 41 games = .32 pts/game. Not exactly a $6.75 million a year player production. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x. Show golden9x's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes, it certainly wasnt proved after the fact of them letting the door hit them on the way out that Ramirez needed help being discredited or Thornton wasnt much of a leader , the guy to lead you to the Stanley Cup....to cite but two examples...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I don't buy any of this "propaganda" nonsense for a second.

What sells tickets?  Team success, particularly in the playoffs, a majority of NHL fans can't name their team's line up from memory

No need that I can see to "sell" the trade to fans.

Baseball is an entirely different story.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:
    [QUOTE]

dannycater, true enough. I did read someone quote PC about "those 30 goal guys" and I believe it was in reference to Seguin. My understanding of the quote was to say that there are guys that do that, but are over paid and the Bruins didn't want to do that. Essentially the Bruins will pay for 40+, but not for what Seguin was delivering.

I stand to be corrected if I misread into that statement.    

And his playoff production was very low. At this point he is 18 pts in 42 games, which is bad enough, but take away the 5 pt game against Tampa, and you have 13 Pts in 41 games = .32 pts/game. Not exactly a $6.75 million a year player production. 

[/QUOTE]

That quote was in 'behind the b", what was said was "another one of those 30-35 goal scorers."

And again, for a team who wants to contend for a cup you have to have guys who can deliver in the playoffs.  Seguin's regular season play developed a ton during his Boston career, but his playoff performance EVERY year he was here left a lot to be desired.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Danny, Manny dug his own hole. Lucchino is a lying snake but he didnt have to make anything up when it came to Manny.

I don't think they traded Seguin for partying or lack of immaturity. I think they played a role, but the two biggest reasons he was dealt are Bergeron and Krejci.