Unbelievable!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Unbelievable!!!

And this lockout was for WHYYY!!! A fine player, but really Lou??? Is this a slap in the face to the fans to say "We'll still do what the Freak we want....NO SYSTEM CAN STOP US FROM RIDICULOUS SIGNINGS! BOOOOHAAAAAAA!!!!"

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413686

I like Zajac, but Holy CAP SPACE!!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Unbelievable!!!

here we go again...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

PK Subban, Jamie Benn, and Ryan O'Reilly must mbe licking their chops right now. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

PK Subban, Jamie Benn, and Ryan O'Reilly must mbe licking their chops right now. 

And Lucic & Seguin must be kicking their agents!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

And the lockout by the owners was for what again. Agree with Red's comment, here we go again ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

So out of this lockout we have old Lou spending like a teenage girl with daddy's credit card..Here comes another work stoppage in 8 years!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

and i thought PC had overpaid for Krejci....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

Benn must be worth at least 10 mil. per....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

So out of this lockout we have old Lou spending like a teenage girl with daddy's credit card..Here comes another work stoppage in 8 years!

Didn't Lou say something like he was embarrassed about the NHL lockout ? Now i know why, he was going to be the first g.m to overpay and provide proof that the lockout was for nothing. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

And doesn't this team have bankrupsy & ownership issues?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I hope the NHL rejects it and we here that big word we heard the whole summer of 2010 "Circumvention".

"I want your word Lou, I want your word!" ~ Tyler Durden

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Pat Zajac was already being overpaid. He is being grossly overpaid now for one reason only - the Devils have no-one else. The cupboard is bare.

Had Parise remained, Zajac would be gone right about now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Zajac had them up against the wall.  "If not, then who" rings true here.  There isn't another top line center they could just sign in the morning.  This is their own fault for not locking up Parise earlier and letting him get snatched by MN Moneybags.

This contract fits under the new CBA.  I have no issue with it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Zajac had them up against the wall.  "If not, then who" rings true here.  There isn't another top line center they could just sign in the morning.  This is their own fault for not locking up Parise earlier and letting him get snatched by MN Moneybags.

But NAS the ramifications from this is huge! How many more players are going to have a team up against the wall? Does Subban have the Habs against it too? To sign a who has shown nothing more than a 2nd line Center skills at best to this kind of deal is beyond dumb.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

But NAS the ramifications from this is huge! How many more players are going to have a team up against the wall? Does Subban have the Habs against it too? To sign a who has shown nothing more than a 2nd line Center skills at best to this kind of deal is beyond dumb.  

The ramifications are that better players are going to be looking for more money, using him as an example. Then it's back to sqaure 1. Drury and Gomez fit under the current CBA when they signed, doesnt make it good signings.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

The ramifications are that better players are going to be looking for more money, using him as an example. Then it's back to sqaure 1. Drury and Gomez fit under the current CBA when they signed, doesnt make it good signings.

Well I got him in my draft pool this year in the 16th round with 20 people in the pool. I had first pick overall (Stamkos). So I hope he & Kolvy are magical! But it goes to show where he is looked at. I got him at a decent pick, but still...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Well I got him in my draft pool this year in the 16th round with 20 people in the pool. I had first pick overall (Stamkos). So I hope he & Kolvy are magical! But it goes to show where he is looked at. I got him at a decent pick, but still...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Seems like a good signing to me. NJ really didn't have much of a choice, they need a top center, and weren't going to get anyone better for any less. Also, I like Zajac. Bergeron-esque player who played all but two games over the course of 5 seasons, although he missed almost all of last year. 

The years seem a bit much, but given what players make now the dollars seem fair. The fact that there was a lockout doesn't mean players are going to start getting lower contracts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Drury deal was bad out of the gate.  The Gomez deal should have been okay.  No one knew that he was going to fall apart.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Habs can compete without their #2 defenseman.  No team can compete without a #1 center.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Hopefully in a future world that makes "sense", all of these guys will get nonguaranteed contracts with a base salary and earn kicked-in incentives based on performance.  There is too much "nonsense" with paying players based on predicted performance. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

NJ has a lot of money coming off of the books next year.  It seems to me it is an in house decision as indicated by NAS above.  NJs defense although not stellar is intact for next season.  Marty will retire and others will be off of the books.  Zajac overpaid, yup, but 8 years is the problem. That is a real gamble.  If the cap grows then sweet Lou does not look so bad.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If it were me, I wouldn't be signing any players to a term that long, but the CBA at least limits them to that length.

If you are going to define a maximum, you're going to have people asking for it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The Habs can compete without their #2 defenseman.  No team can compete without a #1 center.

Nas, it sure looks like the Devils are planning to try to.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Nas, it sure looks like the Devils are planning to try to.

The Leafs have done this for years.