Unbelievable!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Unbelievable!!!

I'm sorry, but signing Zajac to this kind of deal after this 120 day lockout is beyond ridiculous. GIve the guy a 5yr 20 mill take it or leave it. Then go after Getzlaf for this kind of deal. Zajac is young & someday maybe worth this money, but he hasn't done anything to deserve this deal...Hell Lou has handcuffed the NHL worse than Thomas did the Bruins for Gawdsakes! If I was Bettman I'd be giving Lou a piece of my mind...."WTFreak we're we fighting for Lou!? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Some devils commentary - Conspiracy theories are already poking their head out.

"Some food for thought for the Lou haters....Could Lou have signed him to 4 mil a year?? Probably, but this was an intentional slap in the face to Bettman and the rest of the NHL...Lou knows the Devils have a ton of cap space after this season so his intention was to drive up the price for all the other teams in the league that don't have the cap room the Devs have...Hence, try and pry Henrique from us now, never happen...Lou = smartest GM in sports history...After all his sneaky Kovy deal was the whole reason for the lockout in the first place...I still think this was a hugely important deal for the history of our franchise, even if Lou overpaid by a mil or so a year..."

As an aside, is Zajac a better player than Krejic? Is he comparable? If he is to you then either Krejic is grossly overpaid or you just have an issue with the length.

With the Devils financial situation improved, not surprised we saw this signing and by year 5 it might look like a great deal (stress the word might).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

"Some food for thought for the Lou haters....Could Lou have signed him to 4 mil a year?? Probably, but this was an intentional slap in the face to Bettman and the rest of the NHL...Lou knows the Devils have a ton of cap space after this season so his intention was to drive up the price for all the other teams in the league that don't have the cap room the Devs have...Hence, try and pry Henrique from us now, never happen...Lou = smartest GM in sports history...After all his sneaky Kovy deal was the whole reason for the lockout in the first place...I still think this was a hugely important deal for the history of our franchise, even if Lou overpaid by a mil or so a year..."

As an aside, is Zajac a better player than Krejic? Is he comparable? If he is to you then either Krejic is grossly overpaid or you just have an issue with the length.

With the Devils financial situation improved, not surprised we saw this signing and by year 5 it might look like a great deal (stress the word might).

DK has 21 more points in his career than Zajac in 46 fewer games and makes 500,000$ less per season. Not to be picky but that's a substantial amount of cash in a cap league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

this is exactly why i supported the players instead of the owners, the owners need protection from each other it's stupid

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The Habs can compete without their #2 defenseman.  No team can compete without a #1 center.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't the Bruins win the Cup this way?  

Bad signing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

DK also lead the play-offs in scoring & was in contention for a Conn Smythe. He also is part of a Stanley Cup winner. So the comparison to DK is ZILTCH as of press time!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

DK has 21 more points in his career than Zajac in 46 fewer games and makes 500,000$ less per season. Not to be picky but that's a substantial amount of cash in a cap league.

To be fair, Zajac is a superb two-way player and a capable #1 center when healthy. He's perfect for the Devils system. Plus, as someone already mentioned, Lou really had few other viable options. In all honesty, I don't think Krecji or Zajac are worth the cash but the market hath spoken.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

what Fletch said x2....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

But NAS the ramifications from this is huge! How many more players are going to have a team up against the wall? Does Subban have the Habs against it too? To sign a who has shown nothing more than a 2nd line Center skills at best to this kind of deal is beyond dumb.  

The Habs can compete without their #2 defenseman.  No team can compete without a #1 center.

Nas, it sure looks like the Devils are planning to try to.

The Leafs have done this for years.

When was the last time the Leafs "competed" for anything other than a lottery pick?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

To be fair, Zajac is a superb two-way player and a capable #1 center when healthy. He's perfect for the Devils system. Plus, as someone already mentioned, Lou really had few other viable options. In all honesty, I don't think Krecji or Zajac are worth the cash but the market hath spoken.

Last 3 Selke winners- Zajac is no where near a Selke contender....YET & he's making more than Kesler & Bergy & $200,000 less than Pavel... Unwarranted contract!!!!!!

Datsyuk

NHL 732 240 478 718 208 67 - 6 - 37 186 1665 14.41

Kesler

NHL 561 153 184 337 45 50 - 9 - 19 501 1282 11.93

Bergeron

Total NHL 537 143 258 401 46 44 - 7 - 26 162 1432 9.99

Zajac

Total NHL 423 91 164 255 36 25 - 2 - 11

882 10.32

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[/QUOTE]

If he was a Bruin he'd get ripped on the forum daily for being overpaid and no better than a number 2 center. Last season was the first time he missed any significant number of games as he played every game but 2 in his first 5 seasons while averaging just under 50 points per season. To me, he actually sounds closer to a 3rd liner than a first.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Last 3 Selke winners- Zajac is no where near a Selke contender....YET & he's making more than Kesler & Bergy & $200,000 less than Pavel... Unwarranted contract!!!!!!

Datsyuk

NHL 732 240 478 718 208 67 - 6 - 37 186 1665 14.41

Kesler

NHL 561 153 184 337 45 50 - 9 - 19 501 1282 11.93

Bergeron

Total NHL 537 143 258 401 46 44 - 7 - 26 162 1432 9.99

Zajac

Total NHL 423 91 164 255 36 25 - 2 - 11

882 10.32

When was the last time a Devil has won the Selke? A decade ago? Does this mean they are a poor defensive team? Of course not, they are one of the best and Zajac is a perfect fit for the system. He is the team's #1 center and was paid like one, much like Krejci was.

I will say this again, I do think he is overpaid, no doubt. However, it is not about me but about how the organization and Devils fans feel about it and judging by their comments here they feel it is fair:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=650676&navid=nhl:topheads

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

If he was a Bruin he'd get ripped on the forum daily for being overpaid and no better than a number 2 center. Last season was the first time he missed any significant number of games as he played every game but 2 in his first 5 seasons while averaging just under 50 points per season. To me, he actually sounds closer to a 3rd liner than a first.

[/QUOTE]

Dez, that is first line center numbers in New Jersey....lol. Again, I agree he is overpaid but he is still an excellent fit for their team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[/QUOTE]

Dez, that is first line center numbers in New Jersey....lol. Again, I agree he is overpaid but he is still an excellent fit for their team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[/QUOTE]

JM, you'll probably also agree on the amount of complaining we'd have to listen to if he was a Bruin with those numbers and that salary.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Dez, that isfirst line center numbers in New Jersey....lol. Again, I agree he is overpaid but he is still an excellent fit for their team.

JM, you'll probably also agree on the amount of complaining we'd have to listen to if he was a Bruin with those numbers and that salary.

[/QUOTE]

Without a doubt and I would probably be one of the first to do so. I still can't get over Lucic's $6 million. I guess it is easier to look at these kinds of things more objectively when it is a team I could care less about.  I do, also, think that Zajac is a terrific two-way team player in his prime on a team almost completely void of top end center talent. So, as with Lucic, kudos to him for cashing in.