Underdog

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Underdog

Anyone have a link to what the "experts" in the Canada outlets are predicting?  I found this one from ESPN "experts" (boy that was tough to type).

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9324915/experts-picks-conference-finals

I was surprised that it was only 60% picking the Pens.  BTW, where is their expert of all experts prediction?  No Melrose?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Re: Underdog

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/05/31/bruins-penguins-predictions/

Local CBS predictions TV/Radio.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Steve Burton says Pens in six, is that what his insider sources told him or did he make that pick all by himself?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm still trying to figure out how the last two cup champs are "underdogs"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Because in the "experts" eyes, the previous two champs are better, i guess. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The only "news" source, and I use that term loosely, I saw that's calling for a B's win is Bleacher Report. Ugh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I want the Bruins to win as much as anyone else but come on red. Chi & Pitt ran away w/ their conf's, of course prognosticators and odds makers are going to make them favorites. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Stan, my point is these series are a coin flip. You've got the last four cup winners - any of them could win. Regular season means nothing. Just ask the Canucks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Stan, my point is these series are a coin flip. You've got the last four cup winners - any of them could win. Regular season means nothing. Just ask the Canucks.

I think they could go either way.  I definitely wouldnt bet my house on one team over the other.  I think pitt la have the upper hand based on what ive seen.  Not what ive read.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I think they could go either way.  I definitely wouldnt bet my house on one team over the other.  I think pitt la have the upper hand based on what ive seen.  Not what ive read.  

I can agree on LA but Pitt has beaten NY & Ott, not exactly overwhelming teams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I also would not bet anything on these series and I think Pitt has a slight advantage except in net. I'm curious why you think L.A. has the upper hand on Chi. Maybe Quick is a little better than Crawford but thats the only advantage I see. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I can understand Chicago and Pitt being favored.  Chicago is that team that won their first 250 games of the year and Pitt has superstars up front with a defense that is no joke.

I wouldn't bet a dime on it, but I can understand it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bruins were underdogs against the Canucks. I like the action in Vegas against the so-called experts. If Burnside from ESPN says he is picking the opposite against the Bruins bet against it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Bruins were underdogs against the Canucks. I like the action in Vegas against the so-called experts. If Burnside from ESPN says he is picking the opposite against the Bruins bet against it.

At the time 95% of the "experts" were picking the Nucks in 4 games, 5 tops, just because the Nucks wanted to win it on home ice. I say, lets play the games and see what happens.Let the chips fall where they lay, as they say.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

At the time 95% of the "experts" were picking the Nucks in 4 games, 5 tops, just because the Nucks wanted to win it on home ice. I say, lets play the games and see what happens.Let the chips fall where they lay, as they say.

I'm 98% sure you made up this stat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

THE WINNER: It’s hard to bet against that Crosby-Malkin tandem, but the Bruins will get to Vokoun. And then Fleury.

Bruins in six.

Damian Cox - Toronto Star

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Expert here. Bruins in 6 or 7

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

THE WINNER: It’s hard to bet against that Crosby-Malkin tandem, but the Bruins will get to Vokoun. And then Fleury.

Bruins in six.

Damian Cox - Toronto Star

I never thought Cox was that smart, gotta give him credit.You go Damien!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If Hitler had televison theory??!! The real picture:  the Pens have the same number of players as the Bs.  They have six players on ice at all times like the Bs.  The puck is as difficult to use on goal as a baseball is to hit.  So, enough of the media prognostications.  The Bs need not to listen to TV, the internet, etc.  Parsells said it best, "it is about W's".  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I also would not bet anything on these series and I think Pitt has a slight advantage except in net. I'm curious why you think L.A. has the upper hand on Chi. Maybe Quick is a little better than Crawford but thats the only advantage I see. 

Crawford is Canadian.  He sucks.  Quick USA better.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Pitt is stacked and humiliated the 3rd ranked def in hockey.  I thought the nyi out played pitt. But star power won out.  I dont think Leafs or rangers were much better.  

I think Boston is rolling.  Im very concerned about these things:

1. Scoring. We cant have any lines sleeping

2. Rask will see plenty of rubber.  Anderson who could be up for mvp had he not been hurt looked like an ahl goalie.  

3. Our defense.  Chara is going up against malkin as id hoped.  Means seidz has the task of shutting the best player in the world.  Im worried about our 5-6 depth.  

4.  Pitt has been getting rewarded lots of pp.  bruins need to be physical. The combo scares me.  

5.  sidney crosby.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Pitt is stacked and humiliated the 3rd ranked def in hockey.  I thought the nyi out played pitt. But star power won out.  I dont think Leafs or rangers were much better.  

I think Boston is rolling.  Im very concerned about these things:

1. Scoring. We cant have any lines sleeping

2. Rask will see plenty of rubber.  Anderson who could be up for mvp had he not been hurt looked like an ahl goalie.  

3. Our defense.  Chara is going up against malkin as id hoped.  Means seidz has the task of shutting the best player in the world.  Im worried about our 5-6 depth.  

4.  Pitt has been getting rewarded lots of pp.  bruins need to be physical. The combo scares me.  

5.  sidney crosby.  

Thats pretty much how i see it.  No Thomas, no Kelly line, and an overall lack of scoring by top players. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

What encourages me is the NYI series. A team with a bunch of average talented, hard working players had the Pens back on their heels many times in that series outplaying them.

Beating the Pens is doable for this Bruins team.