using Canucks fan's logic, Raymond is responsible for his own injury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

using Canucks fan's logic, Raymond is responsible for his own injury

Hey, it's the Stanley Cup Finals.  You can't put yourself in an awkward position like Raymnond did.

Watch the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZztxcSVsAg

Watch Raymond watching - and not getting the puck - and putting himself in an awkward position.

Same logic as you applied to Horton 'admiring his pass.'

Except even more to the point because Raymond hurt himself more than Boychuk did.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StiHacka. Show StiHacka's posts

Re: using Canucks fan's logic, Raymond is responsible for his own injury

Guess what - they all want Boychuk suspended for the hit on their forum. VC fan base is competely nuts, but they are quite entertaining to follow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: using Canucks fan's logic, Raymond is responsible for his own injury:
    [QUOTE]Guess what - they all want Boychuk suspended for the hit on their forum. VC fan base is competely nuts, but they are quite entertaining to follow.
    Posted by StiHacka[/QUOTE]

Just curious, what penalty do they imagine happened on that play?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Trust me, tomorrow, you wil see all the vancouver forums calling for him to be suspended, talking about him throwing a late hit and what a dirty player.  Oh...and my favorite...the refs favored the Bs and the NHL wants the bruins to win...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

yeah and boston really showed them by repeatedly shouting boychuk's name while he was down. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat11. Show gymrat11's posts

Boychuck didnt do a thing!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StiHacka. Show StiHacka's posts

Late hit without puck with intent to injure and resulting injury.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StiHacka. Show StiHacka's posts

But of course, using the same "logic", Seguin just faked the high stick by Alberts...  Krejci!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: using Canucks fan's logic, Raymond is responsible for his own injury:
    [QUOTE]yeah and boston really showed them by repeatedly shouting boychuk's name while he was down. 
    Posted by vcec[/QUOTE]
    It was dumb of them, but it really looked like such a nothing collision that they probably assumed he was faking.  Hopefully it's nothing serious.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: using Canucks fan's logic, Raymond is responsible for his own injury : It was dumb of them, but it really looked like such a nothing collision that they probably assumed he was faking.  Hopefully it's nothing serious.  
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Looked serious.
    And in my seriousness I'll also say it was a freak injury, I've never seen anyone pretzel themselves up like that and then be unlucky enough to have him get hit at the same time.

It was early game jitters and Raymond was excited and lost his mind looking for a loose puck and put himself in an awkward position.  And got himself hurt pretty bad, not sure what he broke, but he broke something.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=7ab81f3091a8cd826731cf2221f2cd5a&plckUserId=7ab81f3091a8cd826731cf2221f2cd5a">
    First: 4/16/2011
    Last: 6/13/2011
    But of course, using the same "logic", Seguin just faked the high stick by Alberts...  Krejci!!!

LOL!

Enough with this--- the guy got hurt--- it was an innocent play by Boychuk.  It sucks that Raymond got hurt.  It's Hockey!

Time to move on--- It is what it is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

What hit??  I still have no idea what got injured and how?  Does anyone else?

What on earth would you suspend Boychuk for?  Illegal beard circumference?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I'm guessing hip.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]What hit??  I still have no idea what got injured and how?  Does anyone else? What on earth would you suspend Boychuk for?  Illegal beard circumference?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

it's a broken tooth.  he went down to bite boychuck, but forgot that a cup is harder than a glove.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: using Canucks fan's logic, Raymond is responsible for his own injury:[QUOTE]What hit??  I still have no idea what got injured and how?  Does anyone else? What on earth would you suspend Boychuk for?  Illegal beard circumference? Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what that is or how you came up with that but if I were accused of such a thing I would have to hire an attorney knowing there is now way I could even begin to understand the the law on such a thing...

Couldn't you just shave it before the hearing ?...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: using Canucks fan's logic, Raymond is responsible for his own injury : I have no idea what that is or how you came up with that but if I were accused of such a thing I would have to hire an attorney knowing there is now way I could even begin to understand the the law on such a thing... Couldn't you just shave it before the hearing ?...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Who knows?? LOL.  Canucks fans seem to be mad about something....?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

according olczyk he 'plowed' him into the boards. anybody think that wording was a little strong? i think if johnny the wrecking ball boychuck had really plowed him, raymond would have been lying in two pieces on the ice. he did at least back peddle a little and say that boychuk was doing what he is supposed to and finishing his check.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

To be honest, I thought Raymond was in a prone position. It's your responsibility as a hockey player not to apply force to players in akward positions, especially when the boards are involved.

Raymond's neck and back were clearly aligned perpendicular to the boards and Boychuck. He's lucky he didn't paralyze him. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn97tELtNTI&feature=player_embedded

It is my personal opinion that Boychuck should 1) be ashamed of himself 2) be suspended. We all love the black and gold, but we need to call it like it is. There is no place for irresponsible hits like that in the game. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

i watched the video again and although I think Boychuck knew what he was doing I really doubt he thought that severe of an injury was going to happen. It's hockey, things happen. I was more angry with the response of the fans. It sounds like they were shouting bull**** but it may have been Boychuk. And that just sux. If Horton's hit had been in Vancouver and the crowd was chanting while he was down, the bruins fans would have been calling for blood. Double standard. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I honestly think JB slowed up, his feet stopped moving and could of used alot more force but respectfully let it glide into the boards, Im not sure JB had time to react otherwise.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Boychuk was just pinning him off, no slamming or intent to injure. Suspension for a freak accident doesn't really make sense to me.

Fans were chanting because no one saw what happened and no one thought it was serious.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

1. Good job by Boychuk finishing his check. Terrible result.
    2. What do you expect the fans to do vcec? The Nucks have been diving all over the ice. I thought he was faking.
    3. Why the hell are you still here? TB series is over. Go back to shuffleboard or something.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Slow down, for one thing nobody knew where the puck was.  Boychuk finishes the check and continues to push him into the boards because he doesn't know where the puck is.  That's the right thing to do. 

Second, I still have no idea what the injury was, or how it happened.  Was it from going into the boards butt-first?  You see Raymond take 20 harder hits than that a game.  I'm still confused about it.

Third, the crowd was embarassing.  Chanting at the guy while he was down and hurt is bad form in any sport in any building.  Shame on us.  The only thing I will say is that there has been a lot of faking of injuries by that team, and perhaps there was some "boy who cried wolf" thing going on there.