Vancouver - What to expect?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Vancouver - What to expect?

I really can't predict what kind of game we will see on Saturday vs. Vancouver.

If I'm the 'Nucks, I want to come in here and dish out some physical punishment to show that things have changed.  However, if they try this and fail, they will be right back at square one with Marchand and Co. just laughing in their faces. 

My guess is they just come in and try to win with their finesse game, and resort to some cheap shots once the result is determined.  They are still gutless losers until they prove otherwise.  I want to see what they're made of.

What do you expect?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Vancouver - What to expect?

A war as I feel Vancouver still thinks of themselves as the better team, that should have won the finals and that they were slighted by the media. The Bruins were the underdog, not supposed win the 7th game on the hosts ice.

The Canucks were, in the Canadian medias view, supposed to carry a nation then failed badly at home no less. I want to see a playoff style war in January!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Hopefully it will be more competitive than tonight's fiasco. I expect the Bruins to keep rolling , right now they are just a well oiled machine... Do you think the guy who needs his tires pumped will start? We know Timmy will be there ...hopefully Marchand will be back...would love to see him pull off another speed bag performance on either one of the sisters...classic quote from Marchand when he was asked why he did it.."because I felt like it ". .. Also would like to see TT go wild again against Burrows or Henrik....that was classic... Will Milan wave the finger again in front of Burrows' puss...the other night I saw Jumbo Joe do it to Burrows . It was hilarious... Seriously would like to see the intensity that I saw in last years finals...I expect the Nucks to come in and try to prove to the Bruins who the better team is...unfortunately it won't happen....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I don't want the Bruins to fall prey to Canuck antics, shall we say and give the visitors opportunities to work their strong PP.  Should the Bruins keep their cool, not be drawn in by the likes of Burrows & The Louganis Co., bring their A-game in the physical department, they'll win.  Unlike in Dallas the club will be ready to respond to the task at hand.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Similar to every other over hyped game, I predict a normal game where very little happens outside of goals.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Don't really know what to expect but Vancouver better be ready or they will get run out of the building too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I may be in the minority, but I actually think Vancouver will come in ready to play from the get go, and play a good game. I'm not going to say they will win, nor will I predict a score, but just a gut feeling. I also expect Claude to have the troops ready to play a full 60 minutes. Should be fun!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

B 's rollin right now. think the B's can beat them both ways physical or finasse.
    Lookin for another Bruins win.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Do the 'Nucks do what the Flyers do during pre-game?  It wouldn't surprise me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=053ECifbQqQ&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL562790D7BEA54E31

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver - What to expect?:
    [QUOTE]I don't want the Bruins to fall prey to Canuck antics, shall we say and give the visitors opportunities to work their strong PP.  Should the Bruins keep their cool, not be drawn in by the likes of Burrows & The Louganis Co., bring their A-game in the physical department, they'll win.  Unlike in Dallas the club will be ready to respond to the task at hand.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

RHO I agree...I think back to that Carolina game earlier this year when the Canes kept baiting and the B's were suckered into taking penalties...I think Vancouver may try to copy that game plan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toyopet. Show toyopet's posts

I predict a tight game Saturday. Kind of like the Detroit game the day after Thanksgiving. Both clubs are good. I don't expect Vancouver to do anything out of the norm to tick some of the Bruins off. Especially with the game being in Boston & knowing how well it worked for them last year.

Horton scores with 7 minutes to go in the 3rd. Thomas/Chara/Bergeron stymie the more than game Canucks the rest of the way. 3-2 Bruins.

SGK

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Screw the 2 pts, lets get Burrows and lapierre and a Sedin for somebodys mantle.  Most likely a boring game though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]Do the 'Nucks do what the Flyers do during pre-game?  It wouldn't surprise me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=053ECifbQqQ&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL562790D7BEA54E31
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Every team does this!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I think that Burrows will get a beating, and I hope it is Patrice that gives it to him.  I know , I know, do you really want Bergeon fighting and breaking his hand on his helmet?  Yes, Yes I do!  Somtimes fighting is necessary and this is one of those times!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i hope they come in and try to play chippy and start fights, if so it will be a long day for the canuckleheads

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Excuses if they lose !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]I think that Burrows will get a beating, and I hope it is Patrice that gives it to him.  I know , I know, do you really want Bergeon fighting and breaking his hand on his helmet?  Yes, Yes I do!  Somtimes fighting is necessary and this is one of those times!
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    sounds good in theory, but no way brother. i'm not worried about his hands, i'm worried about his head. there is no retribution needed, winning the cup was all the retribution the bruins needed. these games always end up being, not quite as billed, non-eventful game. this is a "big" game for them, not the bruins. the b's will approach it matter of factly, and that's what's gotten them where they are right now. i'd prefer them to wink and blow kisses at the canucks. pat them on the head like the children they so often act like. it a game that's worth two points in the standings, nothing more, nothing less. business as usual. i don't worry about this team, they know how to handle themselves.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

It may depend on whether Marchand still has flu-like symptoms.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Let's not get carried away with the last two games. This should be a good game, and Timmy needs to be awake and alert. The Calgary score deflated a good team that was missing some of their better players. This game will require a solid effort by all of the Bruins, as there were times, last night, where Pouliot looked like Wheeler, so, hopefully, Marchand is back. In addition, Corvo got carried away and lost the puck in the Bruins zone. Mistakes like that could allow the Canucks too many opportunities.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Roberto Luongo on the other hand was probably voicing the correct sentiment when he said “It’s a game we’ve been looking at for a while. I think the boys are excited to play it. It’s going to be fun. Obviously we didn’t end up where we wanted last year, but getting a chance to go at it again is going to have a feel of the final from last year.”

I expect it to be quite a feisty not just a regular season game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Let's not get carried away with the last two games. This should be a good game, and Timmy needs to be awake and alert. The Calgary score deflated a good team that was missing some of their better players. This game will require a solid effort by all of the Bruins, as there were times, last night, where Pouliot looked like Wheeler, so, hopefully, Marchand is back. In addition, Corvo got carried away and lost the puck in the Bruins zone. Mistakes like that could allow the Canucks too many opportunities.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

If a person went through every game and tried to pick out mistakes that were made it would be easy . It happens all the time. There is not a single hockey player who has played the game to perfection.

Pointing out mistakes that were made and should be corrected in a 9-0 rout seems just a tad silly. Save it for when they lose . It'll have more meaning for discussion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think it will be a very normal game...because it is in Boston.  Vancouver will go all out for the win and play smart.

If it were in Vancouver, I think there would be a lot more pressure to do some score settling and their guys seem to feel a lot more confident on their ice.  The home crowd would be practically begging for Bieksa or someone to drop the gloves with Marchand.

Expect more of the same from the usual pests Burrows and Lapierre and just hope that the Bruins don't allow them to be effective.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver - What to expect? : RHO I agree...I think back to that Carolina game earlier this year when the Canes kept baiting and the B's were suckered into taking penalties...I think Vancouver may try to copy that game plan.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

hang - It would seem they've have learned from that experience with Gleason.  I'm not too crazy about it being an afternoon game.  I seem to have more memories over the years of the Bruins losing them than winning.  Mind you, different season, different team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver - What to expect? : hang - It would seem they've have learned from that experience with Gleason.  I'm not too crazy about it being an afternoon game.  I seem to have more memories over the years of the Bruins losing them than winning.  Mind you, different season, different team.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Funny RichHill, I thought the same thing.  The Bruins don't seem to have the same jump in day games.  Maybe this one will have enough buzz to buck the trend.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Excuses if they lose !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

It's a 10 am Pacific Time start - I've already heard this excuse frrom fans out here, and the game isn't until tomorrow.