Vancouver - What to expect?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: Vancouver - What to expect?

Any one of the Canucks who said "Just an other shot at two points" is a bold-faced liar.
    I honestly think the Canucks are s***ting down their legs. The Bruins will wear the Canucks down with physical play early on, and will pepper Lou.

Something tells me the KLH line is going to go off.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

My hope is for both teams to play the game straight up.  No embellishment from the Canucks, no post-whistle bulls**t from the Bruins.

It's a different Canucks team from the Finals, despite the relative lack of turnover in the roster.  Samuelsson is gone, but he was injured for the Finals.  Hamhuis is healthy.  Kesler has recovered from his off-season surgery.  Raymond has regained his speed after his broken vertebrae.  Hodgson is no longer an untested rookie.  Aside from Booth and Rome, the Canucks are healthy.

The Bruins still have the best goalie tandem in the league, a perennial candidate for the Norris, and the best overall scoring depth of any team.

I think the difference will come down to special teams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

How about a little wager on the game 49??  If the Bruins win, you have to write a poem about Brad Marchand.  If the Nucks win, I'll do the same about Alex Burrows.

Eh??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver - What to expect?:
    [QUOTE]My hope is for both teams to play the game straight up.  No embellishment from the Canucks, no post-whistle bulls**t from the Bruins. It's a different Canucks team from the Finals, despite the relative lack of turnover in the roster.  Samuelsson is gone, but he was injured for the Finals.  Hamhuis is healthy.  Kesler has recovered from his off-season surgery.  Raymond has regained his speed after his broken vertebrae.  Hodgson is no longer an untested rookie.  Aside from Booth and Rome, the Canucks are healthy. The Bruins still have the best goalie tandem in the league, a perennial candidate for the Norris, and the best overall scoring depth of any team. I think the difference will come down to special teams.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

It's also a different Bruins team despite low turnover also. Horton is back from Rome's cheap shot. Tyler Seguin is playing at a higher level then he was last year. Tuukka's been outstanding but he's still only the second best goalie on his team. Kelly and Peverly are a half a year more into their Bruins career. And they have more depth then they did last year in the playoffs at the forward position now then at that time to go along with most of the Bruins playing ( believe it or not ) better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

As far as I'm concerned, after the Sedin sisters and vegetarian made their commercial throwing dirt in Bergeron's face, in any game the B's play against this fake a$$ team they should consider beating the tar out of them every chance they get.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]Do the 'Nucks do what the Flyers do during pre-game?  It wouldn't surprise me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=053ECifbQqQ&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL562790D7BEA54E31
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

I saw the rangers doing this at the garden a few years ago when I went in right when they opened the gates for fans.

As far as the game I think the nucks are going to come in and just try to play finesse. I think they know they can't control the bruins through intimidation or physical play. I will predict this I think Luongo either plays great or repeats his horrid games from the finals in boston.

I am thinking it will be a tight game with the bruins edging it out I will say 3-2. I would like to think there will be lots of fights but most times with games like this it seems it just doesn;t happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver - What to expect? : Funny RichHill, I thought the same thing.  The Bruins don't seem to have the same jump in day games.  Maybe this one will have enough buzz to buck the trend.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch - Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.  I'm not preparing an excuse should the Canucks win.  I'm saying my recollections of Bruin success during afternoon games is not good.  Cheers!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver - What to expect? : Fletch - Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.  I'm not preparing an excuse should the Canucks win.  I'm saying my recollections of Bruin success during afternoon games is not good. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Except, of course, the last one they played, when they pounded the Flyers 6-0 on Dec 17.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver - What to expect? : Except, of course, the last one they played, when they pounded the Flyers 6-0 on Dec 17.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

49 - True enough.  I was referring to their long-term performances over the years in matinees.  I don't know their record in these but I seem to remember them losing more than winning.  Fletch nailed it in noting the club tends to be flat or at least slow out of the gate in the early P. M. which could prove fatal against a top club like Vancouver.  Regardless it should be a good one tomorrow.  It's certainly getting enough hype. 

This morning I heard Darren Millard, host of THE FAN 590's Hockey Central and my annual nominee for biggest bricktop on sports talk radio wonder if the outcome of tomorrow's game will have any effect on The Finals should both clubs meet once again.  What??? 

He was speaking to RogerSportsNet's West Coast personality and Canuck colour-guy John Garrett at the time and you could almost hear Garrett fall off his chair.  There's still half a regular season to play not to mention three rounds of playoffs.  Unbelievable but that's Millard.  He can be consistentely counted on to say something inane.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoBruins02169. Show GoBruins02169's posts

what to expect?  probably as big a let down as the BUF rematch...

BUT... if we score first, it's going to be a battle between the luuuuoooongoooo " chants and "We got the cup! "

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

A low scoring game. Thomas to start (he deserves it) and Luongo in net ( he deserves to prove himself).

My picks for stars for each team Horton and Kesler ( he still my fav. player on a team that I despise)

A Canucks lost the city of Vancouver taxes to go up for all firefighters cops and city workers working overtime

I already pick the Bruins victory on original monthly pick, I still hope they saved some goals.

I do not expect the Canucks to be tough and the Bruins will set the gm the way they want it to be it is on the Bruins home ice turf, and one awesome third period.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I just heard on 98.5 The Sports Hub that Luongo will NOT get the start tomorrow.  Cory Schneider gets the nod.  I am stunned.  You'd think that Roberta would WANT to start.  WOW!  He is TERRIFIED of the Garden!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]I just heard on 98.5 The Sports Hub that Luongo will NOT get the start tomorrow.  Cory Schneider gets the nod.  I am stunned.  You'd think that Roberta would WANT to start.  WOW!  He is TERRIFIED of the Garden!
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

It is weird.  You would think that any competitive player would absolutely insist on playing in this game.  A chance to redeem himself passed over...

New motivation to shell Schneider early, and maybe, with some luck, force Luongo into the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

It is the "we should of won the cup" team against the "we are an elite team not just TT was spectatular in the Cup" regular season game.  Lots of media banter, lots of prognositcations, lots of would have could haves, lots of excuses as Chowda says, and in the end "it does not matter in the grand scheme" of regular season games.  Bs will win by a finger.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]I just heard on 98.5 The Sports Hub that Luongo will NOT get the start tomorrow.  Cory Schneider gets the nod.  I am stunned.  You'd think that Roberta would WANT to start.  WOW!  He is TERRIFIED of the Garden!
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

I think this decision is entirely based on this being a 'hometown' game for CS, with plenty of friends and family in the crowd.  Luongo was the 'no-doubt' starter for the game in Mtl, so I think this is the 'what's fair is fair' move by AV.  Also, could be his way of telling the team that we're not replaying the Cup Final here, it's game 42 (well, game 38 for the B's).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

One would think the Canucks will come out with some serious energy and grit.  Remains to be seen, but one would also think Marchand is wearing a bullseye.

One would also think that Hanson is hoping the B's have short memories.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yep just another regular season game...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]                 Yep just another regular season game...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Ha, I laughed too.  Just another game...

Seven Canucks who want to pile on Thornton and throw punches while he's down; one Canuck actually willing to square off and fight.  Nothing has changed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

This Vancouver team did not learn anything from last year.  They still are as gutless and classless as they were last year and still don't seem to realize that their lack of character cost them the Stanley Cup. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

i hope 49-North has the balz to admit what a bunch of pansies his team is.  5 on 1 ???   Are you kidding me ???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

They're saying there's a chance Lucic coulde get ten games??? Are you kidding me???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewags. Show thewags's posts

[QUOTE]i hope 49-North has the balz to admit what a bunch of pansies his team is.  5 on 1 ???   Are you kidding me ???
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

6 on 1! but who's counting. LaPierre, Weise, team of rats. No cement on their whole team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewags. Show thewags's posts

[QUOTE]They're saying there's a chance Lucic coulde get ten games??? Are you kidding me???
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Whoa whoa whoa, after coming in to defend a player from a 6 on 1? you have to be kidding me that would be an absolute joke.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Depnds how they interpret the rule - he had one foot on the bench. By the letter of the rule, that's an automatic ten games. Un-bloody-real if Shanny does that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wow, was I wrong!