Vanek traded to Islanders for Moulson and draft picks.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Vanek traded to Islanders for Moulson and draft picks.

Bingo, winning post.  I am just wondering if there is more to the story than meets the eye, ie. Moulson wants to move on from the Brooklyn Peninsulas.  IMO Moulson/Vanek are the same players considering the injury prone Vanek.  Wang Chung tonight! Snowed in Lonnngg Island.  Buffalo wins big time.  

In response to jaymiller's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Garth Snow is out of his freakin mind.

Buffalo won this trade hands down imo.

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bingo, winning post.  I am just wondering if there is more to the story than meets the eye, ie. Moulson wants to move on from the Brooklyn Peninsulas.  IMO Moulson/Vanek are the same players considering the injury prone Vanek.  Wang Chung tonight! Snowed in Lonnngg Island.  Buffalo wins big time.  

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Vanek is significantly better than Moulson IMO. Add in the fact that Moulson had had Tavares and Vanek has had nothing close. Also, Vanek has never played less than 70 games. Last year he only missed a few as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Vanek is significantly better than Moulson IMO. Add in the fact that Moulson had had Tavares and Vanek has had nothing close. Also, Vanek has never played less than 70 games. Last year he only missed a few as well.

[/QUOTE]

Moulson seems ok tonight on the worst team in hockey.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didn't Clowe get 4 points in his 1st game with the NYRs? I like Moulson and am glad he's off to a good start in Buffalo but I take Vanek ahead of him all day every day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Goddamn it.

Yeah, let's fight and one up others based on pure speculation.

How about we let it play out and see what happens when some of the chips fall...in six months or so?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Goddamn it.

How about we let it play out and see what happens when some of the chips fall...in six months or so?

[/QUOTE]

I had no idea there was a fight. I was getting so caught up in movie reviews that I hardly noticed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didn't Clowe get 4 points in his 1st game with the NYRs? I like Moulson and am glad he's off to a good start in Buffalo but I take Vanek ahead of him all day every day.

[/QUOTE]

Odds matty stays in buffalo much higher then vanek in nyi.  Matt lives up the road from buffalo in the off season.  100 percent that vanek is better.  Wicked hands.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I had no idea there was a fight. I was getting so caught up in movie reviews that I hardly noticed.

[/QUOTE]

F you, Dez.  When was the last time you created anything that kept this place interesting? 

People used to think I was the bad guy that drove people away. 

It's you.  Just f off.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Draft picks have done wonders in Edmonton and South Florida.

[/QUOTE]

How else can you you rebuild if not through the draft?  

If not the drafted players themselves, you can at least use them to trade for more assets.

I feel bad for Buffalo.  Never been there, hear it's a dumpy town.  And they've never won anything.  Those people could use something to be happy about up there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Draft picks have done wonders in Edmonton and South Florida.

[/QUOTE]

How else can you you rebuild if not through the draft?  

If not the drafted players themselves, you can at least use them to trade for more assets.

I feel bad for Buffalo.  Never been there, hear it's a dumpy town.  And they've never won anything.  Those people could use something to be happy about up there.

[/QUOTE]

And they have a starving fan base.  Mind you most of those are from canada.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Hey guys, don't knock buffalo unless you've been there. Granted its an older mill town, but their passion for hockey runs deep, and their youth leagues are well populated, just look to chicago. They were always on a tight budget, but produced some great teams and players. New ownership could use some improved advisors for their deep pockets

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Last time I was in Buffalo, bogie, I'd have said look at Detroit for a comparison - just not on hockey.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Vanek never regained 40 goal form, and that was the premise behind his RFA offer sheet from Edmonton, but, unlike Kessel, he has two 40 goal seasons, and I would bet a lot of people don't think the drop off in his production is entirely due to a problem with his game.  Last season's 20 goals in 38 games translates to 41+ over 82 games on a very bad team. 

Any team that wants him is going to have to give him a raise.  So there's no point in suggesting an AAV less than $7.2M, and the Isles are now the only team who can give that to him over 8 years rather than 7. 

You could be right, shupe, but the trend these days is guys re-signing and not getting to UFA.  Parise and Suter were exceptional because of how squeezed Nashville and Jersey were at the time.  Thornton and Marleau are also UFA this year, as are the Sedins and Marian Gaborik.  I don't know if any of those guys make it to market.  The only guy who might, if I had to pick one, is Marleau.

[/QUOTE]

...and I believe that will largely depend on how San Jose does in the playoffs this year.

A one and done ( or a SC win) and I think he's gone, but if their close he might just stick around to try again next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey guys, don't knock buffalo unless you've been there. Granted its an older mill town, but their passion for hockey runs deep, and their youth leagues are well populated, just look to chicago. They were always on a tight budget, but produced some great teams and players. New ownership could use some improved advisors for their deep pockets

[/QUOTE]

I have been and its a pit.  But they have good fans.  They continue to see stars go elsewhere.  Gotta be frustrating.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Davinator, SJ could be interesting after this year depending on how things end up.  Marleau could, I think, sign a non-35+ contract.  Thornton will be a 35+ deal.  They're committed at $5.5M+ to Burns, Couture and Pavelski with another year of Havlat at $5M.  Boyle is a UFA and unlikely to be back, I'd think, at anything like $6.6M, and with the way Vlasic and the rest of that D have performed, they may turn the page. 

Another flame out in the playoffs and I could easily see them deciding it's time to hand the reins to the young guns, putting Thornton and Marleau in play along with Boyle.  Maybe spend the money on other things, like more defensive help or improving their two-way depth.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/sharks

You would have to replace Thonrton and Marleau's point production though...No ?

$18M plus another $6M if the cap does indeed go up to $70M. $24M to replace 4 forwards and 3 defenseman. It is going to be a crazy summer, great time to hit the market.

Stastny, Gionta and Callahan all on the open market. Over spending begins on July 5th, GMs out of control again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:[QUOTE] So lets say Vanek pots somewhere between 25-30 goals this season. If he does play with Tavares, probably will, it could be more.

How much would you pay him to keep Tomas ? For how long ? What will he fetch ?

Someone is going to pay through the nose for him.  It'll be a six year deal over $6M per easily.  I don't condone it, but it's the way contracts are written these days.  As long as he doesn't come to Boston on that deal, diligaf. [/QUOTE]

I know

You really think Kessel money...Shup ?

[/QUOTE]

Well i just watched hockey central at noon.  They figure 8 x 8.  Thats a lot of money.  

[/QUOTE]

No way in hell Vanek is getting 8X8 from anyone. He is already in the last year of a ridiculous contract where he didn't live up to the billing !!

[/QUOTE]

Semin is getting 7m annually.  Vanek is twice the player that no heart terd is.  I dont think he is worth that.  Im just saying what the boys on hockey central said.  Hes gonna be north of 7m and will get 5-8 yrs from some team.  

[/QUOTE]

Henceforth, from this date, Alexander Semin will forever be known as the "No heart Terd" on these boards, replacing "Gooey" Semin which just didn't sound right !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

Davinator, SJ could be interesting after this year depending on how things end up.  Marleau could, I think, sign a non-35+ contract.  Thornton will be a 35+ deal.  They're committed at $5.5M+ to Burns, Couture and Pavelski with another year of Havlat at $5M.  Boyle is a UFA and unlikely to be back, I'd think, at anything like $6.6M, and with the way Vlasic and the rest of that D have performed, they may turn the page. 

Another flame out in the playoffs and I could easily see them deciding it's time to hand the reins to the young guns, putting Thornton and Marleau in play along with Boyle.  Maybe spend the money on other things, like more defensive help or improving their two-way depth.

[/QUOTE]

San Jose will be the most interesting team this off-season, especially,like you said if they flame out in the playoffs. 5.5 million ofr a defenseman turned winger, they may be stuck with that one. I could see Thornton ending up in Toronto and yes, Boyle gone as well. Wouldnt shock me if he went back to Tampa.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

Goddamn it.

[/QUOTE]

Nobody is fighting, just giving opinions. If we let stuff play out before commenting on anything, there would be little to talk about. Now that Patriots board, hard to find one thread where people arent fighting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

San Jose will be the most interesting team this off-season, especially,like you said if they flame out in the playoffs. 5.5 million ofr a defenseman turned winger, they may be stuck with that one. I could see Thornton ending up in Toronto and yes, Boyle gone as well. Wouldnt shock me if he went back to Tampa.

[/QUOTE]

I dont know kelv.  Those guys in california love the life style.  Why go to the leafs, the pressure cooker in a winter coat when you can walk around unnoticed, surf(joe surfs a lot with murray), no pressure and in a speedo.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

F you, Dez.  When was the last time you created anything that kept this place interesting? 

People used to think I was the bad guy that drove people away. 

It's you.  Just f off.

[/QUOTE]

Do you mean aside from actually insightful hockey talk and knowledge of the game? How about you show up armed with at least that before bothering to reply to me again. Maybe you shouldn't worry about me and find something else to cry about you hysterical pansy. Thanks for dropping in to tell us what we should talk about and when to do it. It's like the playoffs all over again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Goddamn it.

[/QUOTE]

Nobody is fighting, just giving opinions. If we let stuff play out before commenting on anything, there would be little to talk about. Now that Patriots board, hard to find one thread where people arent fighting.

[/QUOTE]

Oh no Kel, now you're being difficult, although I had no idea there was a fight either. I remember the good old days when we could discuss what we wanted when we felt like it. I wonder what happened.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Goddamn it.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh no Kel, now you're being difficult, although I had no idea there was a fight either. I remember the good old days when we could discuss what we wanted when we felt like it. I wonder what happened.

[/QUOTE]

I fight with you constantly.  Still respect your knowledge.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Goddamn it.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I fight with you constantly.  Still respect your knowledge.  

[/QUOTE]

And I respect yours sir. As you can probably tell, I enjoy sharing opinions and debating them. I suspect you do as well. I'm not interested in asking for permission before I do it though. That just won't fly.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

When I read Dez's response I thought he was being his usual sarcastic, dry-humored self LoL

One shot from Vanek tonight, looks like it will take some time to get used to Tavares.