Versus Coverage..Maybe this Might Work?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Versus Coverage..Maybe this Might Work?

I read where some of you folks don't like the Versus coverage very much....

Just a thought....Turn the volume down on your TV and fire up CBC online and listen to the coverage feed from CBC and watch on your Versus....Hopefully they will be linked enough to enjoy....Please don't jump down my throat, just trying to be helpful to fellow Bruin fans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Versus Coverage..Maybe this Might Work?

Stuke,  I tried this during the season when I was stuck watching networks I dislike.
    Radio feeds there is always a delay. Even if it's from an actual radio.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Learned this trick at the gym....the tvs were on the game and my ipod gets radio.  Watched the game while listning to the sport hub.  No delay in the 2 broadcasts an did not have to suffer through the lousy vs. announcers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I like Doc Emerick, how can anyone not like him? I'd perfer NESN coverage and think it's a shame they bring you the team all year and can't bring us this but Doc is one of the best.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

Doc is the most annoying voice in hockey! The "2 seconds and 1" countdown = Stupid or " A whistle....and what have we?" He's an idiot!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Doc Emrick was a creation done originaly for the Olympics and when I first heard him annoy me then, I have just shook my head in disbelief as to why this character has become the NHL voice for Versus/NBC...He is just an annoying guy, who refuses to call the game, rather inject poor puns, poor anecdotes, and describe every shot and every save as the greatest play in the history of the game...Save the big time yelling for a real save or an actual booming shot...My favorite was a few games back, "Boychuk with a DRIVE!!!!....."...Boychuk's shot was blocked 4 feet in front onf him....how is that a drive, doc???  How many times is he going to call Horton Seguin or vice versa...how many times does he clearly not know a player, so he just ignores the fact that he can't see or he won't look up the number. "The defensive play by the Bruins d-man"...he actually said that and that's just bad announcing.

Anyway, for those that "prefer" Doc (and believe me I'm also a big critic of Jack Edwards for other reasons, but mostly he's another annoying clown...another thread maybe)..enjoy, but real pros were at the height of hockey during the 70s-80s...Dan Kelly, Danny Galivan, Fred Cusick...Tim Ryan, who still does Olympic skiing and other events, was a fine announcer as well with the Islanders..and he used to host the 70s NHL in studio.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCeagles01. Show BCeagles01's posts

NHL Center Ice made me realize there are announcers out there that make jack edwards and doc emerick sound awesome.

i am thankful we dont have the pittsburg announcers

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

It's not Doc for me it's the terrible between the glass guys, especially when it's Pierre.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Versus Coverage..Maybe this Might Work?:
    [QUOTE]I like Doc Emerick, how can anyone not like him? I'd perfer NESN coverage and think it's a shame they bring you the team all year and can't bring us this but Doc is one of the best.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

His high pitched whiny voice saying "canceled" and "knifed away" all game long is grating.  I can't stand him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

he must be doing something right, he's in the HOF and gets most of the biggest games the NHL has to offer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In Response to Versus Coverage..Maybe this Might Work?:
    [QUOTE]I read where some of you folks don't like the Versus coverage very much.... Just a thought....Turn the volume down on your TV and fire up CBC online and listen to the coverage feed from CBC and watch on your Versus....Hopefully they will be linked enough to enjoy....Please don't jump down my throat, just trying to be helpful to fellow Bruin fans.
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

HOW could you not like listening to Doc Emrick call a game, he's simply the best there is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]Doc is the most annoying voice in hockey! The "2 seconds and 1" countdown = Stupid or " A whistle....and what have we?" He's an idiot!
    Posted by BruinBuff[/QUOTE]

idiot?? given a choice between you and him i will say Emrick is not the idiot

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]he must be doing something right, he's in the HOF and gets most of the biggest games the NHL has to offer.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

He does his job extremely well.  I just don't like his voice or choice of words.