Vintage Matt Cooke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Vintage Matt Cooke

I know people claim he has cleaned up his game some, but if he starts running Tuukka he will prove otherwise.  See for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Ri0NV9Fjw                     

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

Re: Vintage Matt Cooke

Lucic had some interresting comments on Cooke and this Bs vs Pens series...

for Milan Lucic, there's still an old wound that hasn't healed - former teammate Marc Savard's NHL career coming to an end after an elbow to the head from Pittsburgh's Matt Cooke three years ago.

"It's an interesting question because if it wasn't for that [Cooke hit], where would Marc Savard be today? He'd still be under contract with us, and would be on our team," Lucic told Joe Haggerty of Comcast Sportsnet. "I still talk to (Savard) and keep in touch with him. He was a good friend of mine when he was on the team.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=424243

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Uploaded on Oct 16, 2010

I'm no Cooke apologist (obviously) but this is an old video.

Also interesting is the incredible dives performed by DiPietro.  Goalies these days are worse than a bastid child of a French Canadian and a Swede.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Uploaded on Oct 16, 2010

Also interesting is the incredible dives performed by DiPietro.  Goalies these days are worse than a bastid child of a French Canadian and a Swede.

True but for Cooke to get called all 3 times ON HOME ICE speaks volumes

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Uploaded on Oct 16, 2010

Good thing i never slept with any French-Canadians.. ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

after disposing of the Pens, the first B'S player in line should slug Cooke rather than shake his hand.... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Uploaded on Oct 16, 2010

LMAO! The one thing I hate about Quick. His diving is ridiculous & maddening. Billy Smith as much as I loved his nasty. I hated when he dove. I never faked an injury, there were times if I was getting peppered in a game & if I covered the puck while lying on my stomache. I'd lay there for a few extra seconds and that sometimes made the trainer come out. But as soon as I heard him. I'd get up & say "get outta here; I'm fine!" I cheated, I did some things to gain an advantage, but faking an injury was something I never did. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

after disposing of the Pens, the first B'S player in line should slug Cooke rather than shake his hand.... 

Lol, I've seen that happen a few times in post gm hand shakes after baseball gm's while growing up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Just send him and his teammates packing. He isnt worth taking a stupid penalty for.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

If ther was ever a player other than Samuelsen I would love to see hit and levelled it would be Cooke. We all miss Savvy on our team and what he brought and anytime he can be hit and brought down is a good day for Savvy and the Bruins. Looch has not forgot and will hit him every chance he gets but I hope he is smart about it and not take penalities. The Pens have taken too many good players from us and the time has come to get revenge in victories and put them in their place.

To put Cooke in his place would not only revenge Savvy but put a close on what put Cam Neelies career to an end. This series has many story lines but goes back many years and to put a close on these would be great for our great fallen players. I'm sure Cam would never say it but to make aminze for him and Savvy would be great for them and all Bruins fans everywhere. There are man things that mean alot in this series but this is for Cam and Savvy. This team can do it and I don't care that they have a power house the Bruins can beat this team with hitting and the wiil to do it for Cam and Savvy. GO BRUINS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XiTS8NjNao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6zKd50N9ck

Duncan Kieth and Evander Kane handled Cooke the only proper way to do it!

Cooke is going to run around the whole series book it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

First time I'v3 seen the Kieth one. What the heck could Cooke possibly be crying about?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

First time I'v3 seen the Kieth one. What the heck could Cooke possibly be crying about?

Cooke is a former Canuck so whining and crying come natural to him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

SCUM. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I wondered the same Kel. It may have been interference but it looked like Keith got mostly shoulder on the hit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

SCUM. 

Yup, and boy would I love to see someone end his career. I'm not the type of person who wishes harm on others but for him I have no problem making an exception when it comes to him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

When dealing with this type of situation, I am a big believer in seeking revenge strategically, where it hurts, instead of going after Cooke directly.

If Cooke hits Rask when the score is close, take the powerplay, and score.  That's the best revenge.

If Cooke hits Rask in garbage time, the revenge needs to come right back to the Pens crease.  Hit Vokoun.  This is where Thornton shouldn't always be a gentlemen.  If Cooke plays dirty with Rask, make sure Vokoun gets it back two-fold.  It makes much more sense than chasing Cooke around.

And when you 'lose an edge' and barrel into Vokoun, say "sorry, but you can thank your buddy Matt for that one."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

When dealing with this type of situation, I am a big believer in seeking revenge strategically, where it hurts, instead of going after Cooke directly.

If Cooke hits Rask when the score is close, take the powerplay, and score.  That's the best revenge.

If Cooke hits Rask in garbage time, the revenge needs to come right back to the Pens crease.  Hit Vokoun.  This is where Thornton shouldn't always be a gentlemen.  If Cooke plays dirty with Rask, make sure Vokoun gets it back two-fold.  It makes much more sense than chasing Cooke around.

And when you 'lose an edge' and barrel into Vokoun, say "sorry, but you can thank your buddy Matt for that one."

perfect Fletch. As much as I'd love to see Cooke get a taste of his own medicine, if you like you said, go after his teammates, theyre not not going to be too happy with him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Uploaded on Oct 16, 2010

He got called on home ice 3 years ago 3 times? I don't like him but he has changed his game and bringing up a video 3 years old isn't going to tarnish his reputation.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Cooke is exactly the wrong guy to go after in this series, he's a meaningless turd. If your going to take a run at Cooke you save that for the reg season.  The 3 you must try and punish are Crosby, Malkin, Letang. Neal & Orpik are good guys to get after also cause they will take retaliatory penalties.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Old habits die hard lambda!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

perfect Fletch. As much as I'd love to see Cooke get a taste of his own medicine, if you like you said, go after his teammates, theyre not not going to be too happy with him.

I actually figured you goalies would object to this method, but it's the best way to hit 'em where it hurts.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Uploaded on Oct 16, 2010

He got called on home ice 3 years ago 3 times? I don't like him but he has changed his game and bringing up a video 3 years old isn't going to tarnish his reputation.

Get a grip. Changed? Who do you think Cooke is, Stan Makita? Ask Eric Karlsson about how much Cooke's changed lately. For me, Cooke needs to be a marked man in this series who should be it terrified everytime he steps in the ice.

Hate Cooke. Hate the Penguins.And nothing's going to change that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Uploaded on Oct 16, 2010

Get a grip. Changed? Who do you think Cooke is, Stan Makita? Ask Eric Karlsson about how much Cooke's changed lately. For me, Cooke needs to be a marked man in this series who should be it terrified everytime he steps in the ice.

Hate Cooke. Hate the Penguins.And nothing's going to change that.

Get a grip yourself, I don't like Cooke, but you cannot deny he has not taken a headshot at anyone as he did in the past. He took less penalties than most of the Bruins last year and this year. I think he should never be allowed to play in the NHL again, but to say that the Karlsson incident was intentional is just blind hatred, albeit granted hatred. I honestly don't think he intended that to happen, skates come off the ice in the corner all the time and if you have one leg off the ice what is your natural reaction? Oh right to put it back down and stand up like any other 2 legged human.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Get a grip yourself, I don't like Cooke, but you cannot deny he has not taken a headshot at anyone as he did in the past. He took less penalties than most of the Bruins last year and this year. I think he should never be allowed to play in the NHL again, but to say that the Karlsson incident was intentional is just blind hatred, albeit granted hatred. I honestly don't think he intended that to happen, skates come off the ice in the corner all the time and if you have one leg off the ice what is your natural reaction? Oh right to put it back down and stand up like any other 2 legged human.

[/QUOTE]

My thoughts are the same as yours.