Wasn't Needed?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Wasn't Needed?

The B's send Johnson down I 95 to get some work in.  The P-Bruins send him back and say he wasn't needed?  WTH is up with this?  I understand the Baby B's were on a roll and had won 5 or 6 in a row, but they ultimately are there to support the big club.  I wonder who made this call.  Seems rather odd to me.  Anyone have any further details?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Wasn't Needed?

Kind of feel bad for Johnson. Waste of time and effort.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I agree that it looks foolish, but I can imagine a logical scenario where Providence says they have one or two D who have the flu and might not be able to go.  PC looks at Johnson and thinks "...two birds..." and send him down to get a game in and stay "sharp".  He gets there and finds that the guys are fine and ready to go, so he doesn't play.

The way it has been reported, it sounds like Boston sent him down for conditioning and the P-Bruins said yeah, no, no thanks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I agree that it looks foolish, but I can imagine a logical scenario where Providence says they have one or two D who have the flu and might not be able to go.  PC looks at Johnson and thinks "...two birds..." and send him down to get a game in and stay "sharp".  He gets there and finds that the guys are fine and ready to go, so he doesn't play.

The way it has been reported, it sounds like Boston sent him down for conditioning and the P-Bruins said yeah, no, no thanks.

Yeah that's how I have taken it.  I saw it reported that Johnson asked to go down to Providence to get some work in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I didn't realize Providence even had a say in what happened.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

x2 Bisson. I thought they got told how it was.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I really wish we knew the rest of the story.  I hate when B's beat writers just state things that are not normal practice but act like they are.  Where is the follow up?  Is there a problem with the P-Bruins relationship?

Julien said that Johnson asked to play in Providence, but he is on his way back to Boston today and will not play for the P-Bruins.

"Aaron wanted to go play in Providence," said Julien. "So, that's basically all I know right now. I think he's on his way back.

"I don't think he's going to play there. So I think he's on his way back. All I know is that he wanted to go play there and he's on his way back . . . It's out of my hands."

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-bruins/bruins-talk/Seguin-missing-from-Bruins-practice-for-?blockID=830343&feedID=10428

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Odd.  He would have arguably have been the best defenseman they would have.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I would like to know the rest of this story as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Nope, Krug has 4 goals with 8 points so Johnson would not be the best defenseman in Providence and Trotman is coming back from a concussion so he needs to get worked back into the lineup.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

i've driven 3 hours to a meeting that was cancelled and made about 100 bucks.  He'll survive.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Yeah I'd like to hear the real story.  First, I'd expect the best player the P B's have would be the one sent to the Bruins. Second, they have no say over a call made by the big club. They are the Jr Varsity.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Nope, Krug has 4 goals with 8 points so Johnson would not be the best defenseman in Providence and Trotman is coming back from a concussion so he needs to get worked back into the lineup.

I said arguably, and here's my argument.  Krug is a -4 and Johnson a -1 in the A.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I said arguably, and here's my argument.  Krug is a -4 and Johnson a -1 in the A.

When have you seen Johnson play in the A ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

When have you seen Johnson play in the A ?

I haven't.