Welcome to Denver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Welcome to Denver

In Response to Welcome to Denver:
    [QUOTE]Since I believe I am the only Bruins fan on this forum living in Colorado, I want to welcome anyone who may be catching the game tomorrow. As someone who rarely makes it back to Boston these days, the Bruins trip out to Denver every two years is a day to circle on the calendar. If anyone is making the trek for the game, there are a lot of good bars near the Pepsi Center, and one very Boston friendly bar called The Pourhouse on Market Street.  Should be a lot of B's fans meeting up there. I'll be about 15 rows back in the Bruins attack zone with a bunch of transplanted B's fans for the game -- hope they bring their 'A' game! 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    It's a shame you only get to do this every 2 years.I hope they get back on the winning track for you.Have a great time at the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Welcome to Denver:
    [QUOTE]Since I believe I am the only Bruins fan on this forum living in Colorado, I want to welcome anyone who may be catching the game tomorrow. As someone who rarely makes it back to Boston these days, the Bruins trip out to Denver every two years is a day to circle on the calendar. If anyone is making the trek for the game, there are a lot of good bars near the Pepsi Center, and one very Boston friendly bar called The Pourhouse on Market Street.  Should be a lot of B's fans meeting up there. I'll be about 15 rows back in the Bruins attack zone with a bunch of transplanted B's fans for the game -- hope they bring their 'A' game! 
    Mrvmax says he also lives in Colorado and will be at the game too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Thanks Dez.  Looking forward to it.  Don't think I have crossed paths with Mrvmax yet...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Make sure you have a sign says Fletcher1 so we know who you are. Have a couple for me as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Welcome to Denver:
    [QUOTE]Make sure you have a sign says Fletcher1 so we know who you are. Have a couple for me as well.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Will do (on the drinking part...)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Were you there in the Bourque years? That would have been a special time. I really liked that team. Forsberg, Sakic, Foote, Ray, etc, etc, etc. All great except for the goalie. Never will like him.

I hear Foopa is practiing with the Av's. That would be great to see him one last time. One of the best.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Were you there in the Bourque years? That would have been a special time. I really liked that team. Forsberg, Sakic, Foote, Ray, etc, etc, etc. All great except for the goalie. Never will like him. I hear Foopa is practiing with the Av's. That would be great to see him one last time. One of the best.
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

No, I moved out to Denver in 2002, so I missed that.  I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed it as much as everyone else anyhow.  Loved seeing Bourque win one, but broke my heart it wasn't as a Bruin.

Would love to see Foppa give it one more shot!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Don't forget to wear your black n gold Hunwick jersey Fletch LoL! Well maybe you shouldn't you'll probably have everything that isn't bolted down at you...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Laughing I will for sure be at the game and will be sporting my alternate style Lucic jersey. As it turns out I have a friend who is getting me into one of the suites for the game (just found out today), won't know which suite until tomorrow but hopefully Bruins attack zone twice.

Perrysound, I was fortunate to be here for the Bourque years and I will never forget the day that the trade went down, sitting on the edge of my bed, glued to the sportscast with tears rolling down my eyes, heartbroken that my team had just traded my all time favorite athlete (tears of sorrow) and elated that they had just traded him to my second favorite team (tears of joy). At the time I shared season tix with a couple of friends and was stoked to get to watch Razor play live yet again, in the end I got to see Razor hoist the Cup as the luck of the draw put the tickets to game 7 in my hands. Absolutley hands down the greatest sporting event that I have ever been to in my life and I have been to many including two Patriots Super Bowls, the electricity in the Pepsi Center was unbelieveable and the only way it will be duplicated for me is if a Stanley Cup comes to Boston. Definitely a special time for me as a hockey fan and that Av's team, as you noted was awesome!! Can't wait for tomorrow, I hope that I sleep tonight. GO BRUINS!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]I will for sure be at the game and will be sporting my alternate style Lucic jersey. As it turns out I have a friend who is getting me into one of the suites for the game (just found out today), won't know which suite until tomorrow but hopefully Bruins attack zone twice. Perrysound, I was fortunate to be here for the Bourque years and I will never forget the day that the trade went down, sitting on the edge of my bed, glued to the sportscast with tears rolling down my eyes, heartbroken that my team had just traded my all time favorite athlete (tears of sorrow) and elated that they had just traded him to my second favorite team (tears of joy). At the time I shared season tix with a couple of friends and was stoked to get to watch Razor play live yet again, in the end I got to see Razor hoist the Cup as the luck of the draw put the tickets to game 7 in my hands. Absolutley hands down the greatest sporting event that I have ever been to in my life and I have been to many including two Patriots Super Bowls, the electricity in the Pepsi Center was unbelieveable and the only way it will be duplicated for me is if a Stanley Cup comes to Boston. Definitely a special time for me as a hockey fan and that Av's team, as you noted was awesome!! Can't wait for tomorrow, I hope that I sleep tonight. GO BRUINS!!
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you'll be there.  I'll be in section 114 with some other Bruins fans and wives.  You should grab a pre-game beer at the Pourhouse.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Don't forget to wear your black n gold Hunwick jersey Fletch LoL! Well maybe you shouldn't you'll probably have everything that isn't bolted down at you...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Right on SanDog...I'd like to make it through the first period without being covered with beer and hotdogs...!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Fletch,

I do not drink anymore (drank enough for a lifetime already) but I may still try to make it to the Pourhouse, I already have the location plugged into my phone, I will see if I can track you down, who's jersey will you be wearing?
    Go Bruins!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Fletch, you're proof Bruin Nation spreads far and wide, bro.  Cheer 'em on to a win!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Nice guys !  Some of the Boston locals don't know how spoiled they are.
    I hope you guys have a great time. 
    NoGoat, I almost put BsLegion on the back of one of my jersey's missing name and number and then I thought to myself, I'm not 18 years old anymore. Do you think that would be just too much ?
    Too bad this game doesn't take place in April, I might be in Denver.
    Oh and MrVMAX I had tears rolling down my eyes when Bourque hoisted that Stanley Cup.
    AND SanDog make the trip to LA , bro.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Fletch, I do not drink anymore (drank enough for a lifetime already) but I may still try to make it to the Pourhouse, I already have the location plugged into my phone, I will see if I can track you down, who's jersey will you be wearing? Go Bruins!!
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]

Good man, MrVmax.  I will probably be wearing a black B's practice jersey actually (it's either that or the old Joe Thornton sweater).  Should be with a couple buddies in Bruin jerseys and wives, and some friends in Avs gear too.  Hope to catch up with you.  Go B's!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Fletch, you're proof Bruin Nation spreads far and wide, bro.  Cheer 'em on to a win!
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

As are you RHO, Cheers!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Drove 14 hours to Denver from Saskatchewan for this game.  Actually caught the Nuggets-Lakers game last night as well.  Was hoping see Kobe get destroyed.  No luck on that front.

Let's go Bruins!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Drove 14 hours to Denver from Saskatchewan for this game.  Actually caught the Nuggets-Lakers game last night as well.  Was hoping see Kobe get destroyed.  No luck on that front. Let's go Bruins!
    Posted by 306bruinsfan[/QUOTE]

Nice work 306!  Hope it is all worth it today.  You should swing by the Pourhouse pre-game...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Fletch,  some might find this corny but do tell if you guys meet up. Resurrect this thread.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Didn't meet anyone else from the boards here, but I'm happy to report there were a ton of B's fans in Denver.

Great game to watch, great crowd, and then I met up with a friend who works for the NHL and got us down in the lockerroom afterward.  That was pretty f*cking awesome and made this middle-aged man feel like a kid meeting Santa Claus.  Met all of the Bruin players and got autographs and pictures from most of them.  Below is my favorite:

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

One more...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Nice pics !  glad ya had a great time and the Bruins scored a bunch for ya !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Welcome to Denver : Nice work 306!  Hope it is all worth it today.  You should swing by the Pourhouse pre-game...

Sadly I was unable to find the Pourhouse before the game. Definitely went there after the win though.  I did not realize it was a Boston pub!  Very cool. It was fun to celebrate the win with fellow Bruins fans.

Met a few solid hockey fans in Denver.  Overall the trip was a success.  Only one bar rejected me for wearing a Bruins jersey.  Absolutely love the city of Denver though.  I received a ton of high fives for being a Bruins fan.  Go Bruins!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Cool!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Fletch - Brilliant pics, buddy!  Well done!