Well, Boychuk is Done

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Well, Boychuk is Done

BSL I agree with you saying its different views but BassFishing just comes off as cocky, arrogant, and condescending. Its immature and makes me want to nit-pick what he says regardless of whether or not he's right.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukins. Show lukins's posts

In Response to Re: Well, Boychuk is Done:
    [QUOTE]Boychuck left the arena on his own power, but was limping.  Sounds like a bruise.  If it was an ACL, MCL or LCL injury, he would have been on crutches.
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

Not sure I agree with this statement.  I recall Tom Brady walking off of the field under his own power after the Pollard hit.  We all know what happened there.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well, Boychuk is Done : Not sure I agree with this statement.  I recall Tom Brady walking off of the field under his own power after the Pollard hit.  We all know what happened there.  
    Posted by lukins[/QUOTE]

You can still walk on an ACL/MCL tear, the knee is just extremely unstable. However, a certified sports trainer can spot a tear from a mile away. The tests to identify one can be done easily by anyone in 2 minutes by simply holding the knee and apply pressure from different angles.

Reports said Boychuck was walking around the room after the game. I am sure a trainer was able to look at him before then and that should rule out an ACL full tear, althouhg a partial tear or sprain could still exist. Hence the MRI's.

Im hoping its just  a sprain and he'll be back in a week or so, even a partial tear makes him playing in th postseason risky for further injury but not impossible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well, Boychuk is Done : Not sure I agree with this statement.  I recall Tom Brady walking off of the field under his own power after the Pollard hit.  We all know what happened there.  
    Posted by lukins[/QUOTE]

I don't remember hearing that at all, but I could be wrong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I believe that ILH is correct about this.  I had a teammate tear his ACL completely and the doctor had him wait a week or two to do the surgery.  He walked around the whole time.  The danger is in putting any lateral (from the side) pressure on the knee since there is nothing to stabilize the joint on the outside and you'll probably tear your MCL if the knee buckles again.  So you can walk all you want with a torn ACL, you just don't want to pivot or push to the side in any way.

That said, I bet they would still have Boychuk in a brace if the ACL or MCL was torn, just to be safe.  Probably a good sign if there is no brace.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well, Boychuk is Done : You can still walk on an ACL/MCL tear, the knee is just extremely unstable. However, a certified sports trainer can spot a tear from a mile away. The tests to identify one can be done easily by anyone in 2 minutes by simply holding the knee and apply pressure from different angles. Reports said Boychuck was walking around the room after the game. I am sure a trainer was able to look at him before then and that should rule out an ACL full tear, althouhg a partial tear or sprain could still exist. Hence the MRI's. Im hoping its just  a sprain and he'll be back in a week or so, even a partial tear makes him playing in th postseason risky for further injury but not impossible.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Boston Bruins@NHLBruins

Julien said Boychuk has a mild knee sprain, day-to-day.^BISH

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

That's good news.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Great to see Johnny Rocket won't be out long term.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

GREAT NEWS!!! Corvo won't play as much, doubly great

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

wow...major bullett dodged...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Best news all week!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well, Boychuk is Done : Different views that's all it is.  Some explain themsleves in a different matter. I don't always agree with your or ILH's comments and express my view . Who cares .... I , we read what you write anyway. Cheers! p.s. Can the playoffs start already !!!
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

He's insecure.  Anyway, great news on Boychuk!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Posted by lukins[/QUOTE]

Not true. He could barely walk and was helped off on a ginger leg by two of the medical staff.

Just saying.

I do agree it's hard to tell with the range of sverity with ACLs/MCLs, etc, so there is really no reason to guess, etc.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

So glad to hear it's a mild sprain. Shouldn't miss much time.....hopefully.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]Best news all week!
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]

Agreed!