Well, Boychuk is Done

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CasualTee. Show CasualTee's posts

Re: Well, Boychuk is Done

In Response to Re: Well, Boychuk is Done:
    [QUOTE]I think I speak for everyone when I say: WHY COULD THAT NOT HAVE BEEN CORVO?
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

Well I would have preferred Vitale or Orpik (or even simpler: Asham), but I take your meaning.

On the plus side I thought Krug didn't look overwhelmed for a 1st outing. Not overwhelm-ING either, but I'll take that for a 1st game by an undersized d-man.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well, Boychuk is Done : Clearly not Asham's fault.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Hope this is just a case of everyone 'awfulizing' and they're just being cautious.

Will miss that cannon and open ice hits if it is anything.....  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well, Boychuk is Done : Well I would have preferred Vitale or Orpik (or even simpler: Asham), but I take your meaning. On the plus side I thought Krug didn't look overwhelmed for a 1st outing. Not overwhelm-ING either, but I'll take that for a 1st game by an undersized d-man.
    Posted by CasualTee[/QUOTE]

Well, I think Vitale did not fare much better with a puck in the face from Chara, of all people. Ouch!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CasualTee. Show CasualTee's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well, Boychuk is Done : Well I would have preferred Vitale or Orpik (or even simpler: Asham), but I take your meaning. On the plus side I thought Krug didn't look overwhelmed for a 1st outing. Not overwhelm-ING either, but I'll take that for a 1st game by an undersized d-man.

...and I just figured out that I accidentally have two IDs here. I was looking at my post count scratching my head in confusion. Clearly not intelligent enough to be using a piece of equipment worth over $100. Yikes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlazeTrailer. Show BlazeTrailer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well, Boychuk is Done : ...and I just figured out that I accidentally have two IDs here. I was looking at my post count scratching my head in confusion. Clearly not intelligent enough to be using a piece of equipment worth over $100. Yikes.

So now I will use my real ID.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Let's hope for the best on Boychuk.  Maybe it is just a hyper-extension.  No fault on Asham.  The Penguins do a few things that really annoy me, but there was nothing wrong with that hit.  It was as clean as Paille's hit on Niskanen, and in both cases, the other guy got injured. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Fingers crossed for Johnny...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]I love how Kevielana shows how much he doesn't know about the Bruins. 
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

All you do is start arguments. And then lose.

Comparing the Asham/Boychuk collision to the Samuelsson hit on Neely is real educated. Like all of your posts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Boychuk just went down clumsily. He initiated the contact.  An awkward play, not dirty at all.

Might have been an ankle sprain, the way his foot went out.  Might get lucky.  probably not.

I dunno about a charge on paille.  He came from a long way, but he was clearly gliding to the hit and did not leave his feet before the hit.  I would have called him for a late hit though, as I thought the puck was gone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Did we have some Canucks fan convert to the B's?  Stop with the whining. Paille's hit was a charge. Yes, the acting job on Peverley's stick was a bad call, but note how no one on the NESN broadcast had issue with the call on Paille. "Bogus call. Bogus. If that Finnish fairy defenseman wasn't down on the ice acting like he was hurt, we don't see this call." Niskanen is from Minnesota
    Posted by Dave24[/QUOTE]

Well, I agree on stopping the whining, but part of that is not calling everything a penalty.

Niskenan is a Finnish name and his family is Finnish.  He just grew up in Minn.

Paille's hit wasn't a charge.  Explain how the rule on charging applies there?  Charging is not meant to prevent people from forechecking with speed.  Stop wussifying the game.  It was a good, hard hit.  Just like Asham's. Play on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

imo, Paille hit = not a penalty, Peverly high stick = not a penalty, but too tough a call not to make, ref gave Letang the benefit of the doubt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Just a hockey play. Boychuk came in for the hit Asham saw him coming and braced himself, nothing dirty about it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Asham an honest player? Not this season. He has acted like an idiot all season long. He celebrated and mocked Jay Beagle as Beagle laid out cold with a concussion. Sunday when the Pens played the Flyers, Asham threw 3 punches at Brayden Schenn as Schenn was having his arms held back by another Penguin. Up until this season, I would've given him the benefit of the doubt, but not this year. Also, the Pens have had a lot of knee on knee hits lately. Too many to be a coincidence

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Paille's hit was absolutely a penalty. We were lucky it was only two.  If it had happened to a Bruin we would be discussing the merits of a suspension right now.  Paille, doesn't have a lengthy resume for dirty play, but he does have at least one prior and should be more aware going forward.  You can't line a player up like that anymore.  They don't want players heads getting smacked against the ice, and the onus is on the checker.  This is the new NHL.  The more I see guys like, Savard, Horton, and so many others get concussed, the more I agree with the change.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

Indeed karma is wonderful

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Mason Raymond said it was a clean hit...case closed. Isn't Karma wonderful?
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Is he even in the league anymore? I kind of lost track with him after all the parades, cup appearances, parties, you know, things in high school you were never invited to and missed out on this past summer when Luongo choked on a fear pill.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]I think I speak for everyone when I say: WHY COULD THAT NOT HAVE BEEN CORVO?
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]
    Because Boychuk was throwing a hit when he got hurt. 

Not a dirty play by Asham at all.  He even skated the Bruins trainer out to Boychuk.  You could tell that he didn't even know how Boychuk got hurt when NESN showed him looking up at the replay on the Jumbotron.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Tough luck with Boychuk, I don't think Asham stuck out his leg trying to hurt Johnny.  Boychuk hurt his ankle,  let's hope it's not a high ankle sprain or he'll be lost maybe for 2 rounds.  A broken ankle is better than the high ankle sprain.

This game I really didn;t care if the Bruins won or lost.  I liked the fact that Krug got the start  and TT is being rested , more importantly away from injury.That was the priority, stay healthy and didn't happen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well, Boychuk is Done : Because Boychuk was throwing a hit when he got hurt.  Not a dirty play by Asham at all.  He even skated the Bruins trainer out to Boychuk.  You could tell that he didn't even know how Boychuk got hurt when NESN showed him looking up at the replay on the Jumbotron.
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]

Lol'd.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Boychuck left the arena on his own power, but was limping.  Sounds like a bruise.  If it was an ACL, MCL or LCL injury, he would have been on crutches.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

"Following the game, Boychuk walked out of the dressing room under his own power but with a limp. He told reporters that he felt “good” but wasn’t sure if he would be at practice Wednesday." Phew with a capital P

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Paille's hit was absolutely a penalty. We were lucky it was only two.  If it had happened to a Bruin we would be discussing the merits of a suspension right now.  Paille, doesn't have a lengthy resume for dirty play, but he does have at least one prior and should be more aware going forward.  You can't line a player up like that anymore.  They don't want players heads getting smacked against the ice, and the onus is on the checker.  This is the new NHL.  The more I see guys like, Savard, Horton, and so many others get concussed, the more I agree with the change.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

What's the penalty??  Just because a guy gets hit hard doesn't make it a penalty.  Paille comes in with speed on the forecheck, like always, he chases the puck, Niskanen moves the puck, Paille finishes his check.  C'mon, this isn't girls soccer.  that was a clean hard hit.  I was all for the suspension when Paille hit Sawada, because it was illegal.  This one wasn't.

What rule was broken?  Do you not want your players to hit hard?

I'm not blaming the refs for anything.  But they got that one wrong.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Boychuck left the arena on his own power, but was limping.  Sounds like a bruise.  If it was an ACL, MCL or LCL injury, he would have been on crutches.
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

That does sound like good news. No high ankle sprain or broken ankle if he walk out under his own power.
    Phew..... thanks

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well, Boychuk is Done : What's the penalty??  Just because a guy gets hit hard doesn't make it a penalty.  Paille comes in with speed on the forecheck, like always, he chases the puck, Niskanen moves the puck, Paille finishes his check.  C'mon, this isn't girls soccer.  that was a clean hard hit.  I was all for the suspension when Paille hit Sawada, because it was illegal.  This one wasn't. What rule was broken?  Do you not want your players to hit hard? I'm not blaming the refs for anything.  But they got that one wrong.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

It appeared to me that Paille left his feet, which makes it charging.