Western Conference. Need some thoughts before draft tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Western Conference. Need some thoughts before draft tonight

Here is what im thinking will happen

minny over chicago in an upset.  i dont think either team has cup winning goaltending

ducks over det.  Love datsyuk.  

Sj over van.  Perfect type of team for sj to play. Both soft. 

Kings over stl.  I have kings going back to the cup.   Yes i know i said ducks will make a run. I believe la vs ducks in conf final.  

Im loading up on pens and kings..., then grabbing players from bruins, caps and minny.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Western Conference. Need some thoughts before draft tonight

Loading up on Ducks and Bruins in my pool tonight, if I can - 18 people ten picks each, more than half the players making the playoffs will be picked. Secondary teams are Sharks and Habs. That large a pool, there's no sense in going after the Hawks and Pens.

90 per cent of the folks in this pool will be Canucks fans, so Bruins won't go super fast, and half the Canucks will be gone in the first round, without many picking the Sharks. Also with the Bruins I figure there are a few players that don't have great score sheet numbers for the season for the Bruins that could make noise that non-Bruins fans may overlook - I'm thinking Soderberg and Jagr. Hoping to get them as steals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Crawford is playing much better than Backstrom. Crawford is also much better than Niemi (circa 2010). Chicago wins in five.

Vancouver has much better goaltending getting back to Niemi again. The Canucks can beat the Sharks with either goaltender. Vancouver in six.

Ducks will crush Detroit no matter how hot Howard is. Datsuyk can not rescue the Red Wings.

Kings have the Blues number it will not change this post-season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Crawford is playing much better than Backstrom. Crawford is also much better than Niemi (circa 2010). Chicago wins in five.

Vancouver has much better goaltending getting back to Niemi again. The Canucks can beat the Sharks with either goaltender. Vancouver in six.

Ducks will crush Detroit no matter how hot Howard is. Datsuyk can not rescue the Red Wings.

San, 

im not sure crawford was even the number before emery went down.   I think there is an upset in the making on that one.  

I agree with all your choices.  Im loading up on kings pens.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

San, 

im not sure crawford was even the number before emery went down.   I think there is an upset in the making on that one.  

I agree with all your choices.  Im loading up on kings pens.  

I don't know about the Wild Shupe, with a playoff spot on the line and playing at home the Wild got beat by the Oilers 6-1 and then barely squeaked by the Avalanche to get in.Chicago is healthy and should handle Minny easily no matter who is in the Hawks net, imo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

minny over chicago in an upset.  i dont think either team has cup winning goaltending

Kings over stl.  I have kings going back to the cup.   Yes i know i said ducks will make a run. I believe la vs ducks in conf final.  

Im loading up on pens and kings..., then grabbing players from bruins, caps and minny.  

Minny over Chicago ???? Come on Shupe...miracles do happen but not here... Max five games for Chicago..  I have Chicago vs Pens in Finals with Pens winning the Cup..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Minny over Chicago ???? Come on Shupe...miracles do happen but not here... Max five games for Chicago..  I have Chicago vs Pens in Finals with Pens winning the Cup..

Everyone does.  I would never like betting against toews.  But minny has fire power, grit, solid def and decent goalie.  The season series was close.  I think chicago will win.  But i can see it going minny way.  And that wouldnt be a miracle.  LA beat Van last year.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

My strategy went to pot, ended up drawing the 1st pick overall, so I grabbed Kane, figuring that all the Pens would be gone by my next turn which they were. But not one Bruin had been picked by the time it came back to me (Like I said, Canucks fans) so got Marchand and Bergeron with 36 and 37. Rounded out the rest of the draft with Seguin (have the whole line, I was shocked) Stalberg, Perron, Pietrangelo, Turris, Alfie and with the 180th overall pick I took a flier on Soderberg.