What am I missing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

What am I missing?

I watched this at least twenty five times. I see an upper body hit and nothing malicious just unfortunate. What am I missing? Am I too stupid to see it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Re: What am I missing?

http://youtu.be/NQqzaNoj66A

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In today's game, every hit gets microscoped and people go bananas wondering if Shanahan will step in.

In this hit, yeah, their legs came together.  It happens.  No hearing, no suspension, no fines, no worries.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Rosival should be lucky that he was destroyed and concussed with that route he took, delaying and skating parallel along the blue line never results in anything good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

not missing anything. here's the rule... 50.1- kneeing...  kneeing is the act of a player LEADING with his knee and in some cases EXTENDING his leg outwards to make contact with his opponent. watched the replay several times and it clearly shows brown's shoulder contacting rosivals chest at the same time their legs collide. good no call by the refs.  legs can collide without it being a kneeing call, especially when the principle point of contact was shoulder to chest.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: What am I missing?:
    [QUOTE]Rosival should be lucky that he was destroyed and concussed with that route he took, delaying and skating parallel along the blue line never results in anything good.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

Yep, although Brown definitely lead with the leg there.

I had to watch it several times before I really noticed it. Reminded of the hit McQuaid got suspended for this year. Should be a fine maybe, not worthy of a playoff suspension.... Not even clsoe.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I just posted on the other thread talking about this. Yes, there was knee on thigh contact but it looked like he was trying to make contact with the shoulder to the left shoulder of Rosival (sp).

The only other way to make that hit is to lean in with the shoulder - would have been head on head then - or go right at him - would have been an even worse collision.

You can't blame Brown without blaming Rosival a bit. If he doesn't curl across at the blue line, it's likely not an offsides and he doesn't get hit. What is Brown supposed to do? Not hit him and let him dangle?

I thought the Gil knee on Peverley was the same type of hit, only I viewed Gil's as worse, no fine, no suspension, no crying.

Phoenix letting it distract them for the rest of the game put a coffin nail in their season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

what are people watching? leading with his leg? the first point of contact was  to the chest. this is called a check. how do you lead with your leg while you're planting your shoulder into someones chest? people have to stop focusing solely on the legs and look up. it was a great check by brown. it was tough luck for rosival. the left HALF of brown's BODY, contacted the right HALF of rosival's BODY. i don't get it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

[QUOTE]what are people watching? leading with his leg? the first point of contact was  to the chest. this is called a check. how do you lead with your leg while you're planting your shoulder into someones chest? people have to stop focusing solely on the legs and look up. it was a great check by brown. it was tough luck for rosival. the left HALF of brown's BODY, contacted the right HALF of rosival's BODY. i don't get it.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, it is a result of the Shanahan era...so many illlegal hits to review (rightfully so) that any type of old fashioned hard hitting hockey play is immediately deemed (by the receiving player's team) to be over the line.

A shame really that it has become such an environment in today's NHL.

Clean up the dirty crud but leave the hard hitting stuff on the ice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Million Dollar Babies wanting redemption if not i will give a cheap shot. Respect is out the door in pro. sports today. I sure would not want Shannahan's job. Being a sports fan is 100% enjoyment for me and i am powerless with referees and BS in sports today. Oh Well it's tough but grin and bear for it me. I played no contact sports today backgammon and cards and i never been diagnose with concussion since.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]what are people watching? leading with his leg? the first point of contact was  to the chest. this is called a check. how do you lead with your leg while you're planting your shoulder into someones chest? people have to stop focusing solely on the legs and look up. it was a great check by brown. it was tough luck for rosival. the left HALF of brown's BODY, contacted the right HALF of rosival's BODY. i don't get it.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    I'm with you Adk! "IF" there was a call to be made it would only be an interference at best! Anybody who says Brown lead with the leg hasn't watched this player! He skates with a wide stance to begin with. He's not the biggest guy in the world, but he plays big & hits bigger. The wide stance is for leverage, not to lead. Brown doesn't chance his angle & he glides into Rosie. Rosie got creamed with a great hockey hit, but had the misfortune of having his knee contacted in the process! Doan, Yandle & Smith have nothing to gripe about except the fact they got beat by the better team. This hit had nothing to do with the outcome of this series! 
    The Bruins had more to gripe about the non goalie interference call than PHX did, however the B's went & only placed blame on nobody, but themselves & acted as the true champions the are! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I say it was a dirty hit, but not anything that deserves review or suspension.  He had his leg out, he kept his leg out, and he weighted down on it at the point of impact.  Nothing really illegal there, but I think he tried to take a guy out when he didn't have to.  A bit after the whistle too.  The perfect example of the type of hit that should be dealt with by teammates, not refs.  The Coyotes ran out of time though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What am I missing?:[QUOTE] I say it was a dirty hit, but not anything that deserves review or suspension.  He had his leg out, he kept his leg out, and he weighted down on it at the point of impact.  Nothing really illegal there, but I think he tried to take a guy out when he didn't have to.  A bit after the whistle too. Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Same analysis Brown knew what he was doing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I just dont see this "led with the leg" stuff. It was a hard upper body check, a hair late. Not seeing the horrible dirty thing people are seeing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I just dont see this "led with the leg" stuff. It was a hard upper body check, a hair late. Not seeing the horrible dirty thing people are seeing.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    Me neither. This is the exact thing that Mike Milbury said was going to happen everytime there was a bad collision. Brown is a hitter who scores. I wish Lucic played like Brown on a consistent basis! Every hit the guy does isn't going to be timed perfectly & anybody who's complaining about it is either starting to wear a pink hat, or nit picking! Totally ridiculous to even be an issue. This is the play-offs where the tough team emilinated the whining team. Sound familar? Totally stupid to even be talking about a suspension in what was a hockey hit gone bad. Nothing more. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What am I missing? : I'm with you Adk! "IF" there was a call to be made it would only be an interference at best! Anybody who says Brown lead with the leg hasn't watched this player! He skates with a wide stance to begin with. He's not the biggest guy in the world, but he plays big & hits bigger. The wide stance is for leverage, not to lead. Brown doesn't chance his angle & he glides into Rosie. Rosie got creamed with a great hockey hit, but had the misfortune of having his knee contacted in the process! Doan, Yandle & Smith have nothing to gripe about except the fact they got beat by the better team. This hit had nothing to do with the outcome of this series!  The Bruins had more to gripe about the non goalie interference call than PHX did, however the B's went & only placed blame on nobody, but themselves & acted as the true champions the are! 
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

How can it be interference?  Roszival had the puck.