What are Habs fans saying about Jagr trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

What are Habs fans saying about Jagr trade?

Curious if anyone has read or heard any comments from Habs fans about the B's acquiring Jagr? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: What are Habs fans saying about Jagr trade?

http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/story/?id=419676

You gotta introduce yourself to the crazy comment section on TSN, Hilarious.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Yesterday most of them were praying he would end a Hab . Soon after the trade to the Bruins , they were glad he didn't end up in Montreal , because he was a washed up bum. Ya okay

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Must have a lot more to talk about tonite... Price was awful...PK got drilled by Schenn after trying his famous rear end job and Schenn drilled him into the boards...as Don Cherry would say.. Beauty....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Must have a lot more to talk about tonite... Price was awful...PK got drilled by Schenn after trying his famous rear end job and Schenn drilled him into the boards...as Don Cherry would say.. Beauty....

After the little shove Subban throws himself down to the ice as if he got shot by a snper hiding behid the grassy knoll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pl_bCmeYIE&feature=youtu.be 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I think its interesting that the Habs were trying to get Torres when he was traded to SJ...  you know that was purely for Boston.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Dog,Jagr,Redden and Flick! Kelly back by next week. To bad they lost Bergeron or  would rank them to be at least the #2 Easten Conference contender! Chia Pet pulled it out of his backside!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Beezfan4life's comment:

Yesterday most of them were praying he would end a Hab . Soon after the trade to the Bruins , they were glad he didn't end up in Montreal , because he was a washed up bum. Ya okay

Nailed it.....this is exactly what happened.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Curious as to why anyone cares what Habs fans have to say?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Don't read the comments to get the pulse of "Habs fans". It's like reading the comments on a newspaper story to get the pulse of "the American people". Comments are by and large a complete cesspool....as SDF implies, it's the mental wing of any sports fan base.

Find some rational Habs fans (here, on Twitter) and ask them what they think. It's not hard to tell who is rational and who isn't--same as the Bruins fans here. It's easy to tell who's worth talking to and who 's crazy.

As one of the rational ones, I'll be honest and say that while I didn't covet Jagr on the Habs,  I think it's a good move for the Bruins. I don't think it's something that pushes Boston over the mountain; I still put the Bruins in the "serious Cup contender" category, but like most of the NHL, them being ousted in the 1st round wouldn't be a total shock, either. However, the Jagr move makes a long playoff run more of a probability, and the plusses of the deal by far outweigh the minuses.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Curious as to why anyone cares what Habs fans have to say?  

Cuz you guys are obsessed? Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

*Edit**

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

MeanE, I've been waiting for someone else to pick that bit of low-hanging fruit since I first saw this thread.  Who cares what Shab fans think?!?!  Other than Stanley because he has to endure the merciless barbs about Pandolpho every day (Stan, just remind them that the Bruins are again one point back with a game in hand, and they chased Price again last time around...all with Pandolpho on the ice, which is like beating someone up with one hand tied behind your back).

The other obvious response I've been waiting for someone else to post:

They're saying that his mullet is a hate crime and he should face trial in Nuremburg. They're saying that he eats puppies and should be hamstrung by radical PETA black ops commandos. They're saying call 9/11 because the Bruins acquired him as a result of a massive government conspiracy involving mob money, kickbacks, long-standing relationships between contractors and government officials...no, wait, that's just business as usual in Montreal municipal politics and nothing to do with Jagr.

[edit: Shabs fans as a group.  Kennedy, we cut some slack.]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Beezfan4life's comment:

Yesterday most of them were praying he would end a Hab . Soon after the trade to the Bruins , they were glad he didn't end up in Montreal , because he was a washed up bum. Ya okay.

Said the same thing on other boards as well. I don't really think the smurfs need anyone anyways, they will be tough and have depth already.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Said the same thing on other boards as well. I don't really think the smurfs need anyone anyways, they will be tough and have depth already.

I was pleased they didn't make a move: the Habs remind me a lot of the Bruins in 2007: a team that had a bunch of building blocks that could set themselves up to be a contender for several years if they play their cards right. Unlike the last regime, I have a lot more faith that the Habs have a management team that will make solid decisions. Given that the team is outperforming anyone's expectations, I wouldn't have deviated from the long-term plan and traded away prospects for a rental unless I got one heck of a deal.

Hopefully Plekanec isn't out for any length of time; he's akin to Bergeron on the Bruins--a guy whose value goes well above what shows up on the scoresheet. Kind of fitting that it appears neither will play in the game on Saturday night. I'm hoping both are back sooner rather than later.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

I was pleased they didn't make a move: the Habs remind me a lot of the Bruins in 2007: a team that had a bunch of building blocks that could set themselves up to be a contender for several years if they play their cards right. Unlike the last regime, I have a lot more faith that the Habs have a management team that will make solid decisions. Given that the team is outperforming anyone's expectations, I wouldn't have deviated from the long-term plan and traded away prospects for a rental unless I got one heck of a deal.

Hopefully Plekanec isn't out for any length of time; he's akin to Bergeron on the Bruins--a guy whose value goes well above what shows up on the scoresheet. Kind of fitting that it appears neither will play in the game on Saturday night. I'm hoping both are back sooner rather than later.

I have watched the Habs quite a bit this year . They are a very well coached team , play very sound defensively and is a team that could make some serious noise in the playoffs . I believe they are that good .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

The Habs are a very balanced team and unlike last year, they will not quit! They are in an enviable position, in that nobody in the media is giving them much of a chance and continues to talk Bruins and Penguins.  Hard to believe that the Habs are flying under the radar as a division leader, but they are.  Don't get me wrong, I still hate the Habs with a passion, but they have just as good a chance to come out of the east as any other team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

The Habs are a very balanced team and unlike last year, they will not quit! They are in an enviable position, in that nobody in the media is giving them much of a chance and continues to talk Bruins and Penguins.  Hard to believe that the Habs are flying under the radar as a division leader, but they are.  Don't get me wrong, I still hate the Habs with a passion, but they have just as good a chance to come out of the east as any other team.

The improvement came with a culture change: the mentality was to flush out the old regime and the dysfunction that existed there and start fresh. I figured the Habs would be better (I picked them for 7th) but I never expected them to be this good. I still don't expect a division title; I would have thought it more possible but I fear a week or two without Plekanec will be harmful to staying with the Bruins, even a Boston team without Bergeron.

I see similarities to the Bruins improvement from 2006 on: a change in management and in culture, and the birth of a "we expect to win" attitude. You don't win Cups overnight, but I'm more confident now in the ability for the Habs to be a serious Cup threat in the next few years than anytime since 1993 itself.

Since Boston will continue to remain a bona fide Cup threat for the next several years, it should make for great contests between the two.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Beauty is right, I only wish Schenn would have hit him harder!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Being a Bruins fan that lives in Quebec, I come to this forum to get away from the constant local media frenzy about the habs.

I find that this Boston Globe Bruins forum the ideal place to read about real Bruins Hockey by real Bruins fans.

It infuriates me when too much attention is given to the habs here. If poeple want to discuss about the habs, they should go to a habs forum.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:

Being a Bruins fan that lives in Quebec, I come to this forum to get away from the constant local media frenzy about the habs.

I find that this Boston Globe Bruins forum the ideal place to read about real Bruins Hockey by real Bruins fans.

It infuriates me when too much attention is given to the habs here. If poeple want to discuss about the habs, they should go to a habs forum.

The Bruins and Habs are rivals. They both get discussed on each others' boards. They always will, especially in a time like now when the Habs are Bruins are separated by 1 point for the division lead. Be glad you're not a Habs fan; you'd get a double dose, since the Leafs are commonly discussed quite a bit on Habs forums as well as the Bruins.

There are 2 dozen threads that don't involve the Habs. Wouldn't it be more sane to just click on those rather than be "infuriated" that people are discussing something about which you don't approve?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Frankly Maurice, I don't give a damn what the Habitants say.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'd rather read Kennedy's opinions on hockey than those of a lot of other posters on here.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I wish some of the posters here would read the habs forums or listen to habs radio.

If you thought that PC didn't do enough at the trade deadline... what about the Habs?  Relatively they did nothing.

I'm listening to 690 right now with Chris Nilan and I have to say it's pretty reasonable discussion and realistic.  They admit that toughness is a problem and they aren't as physical as the Bruins.