What are they doing to Seguin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

What are they doing to Seguin?

he looks tentative and not confident. does anyone else get the feeling the coaching staff is holding him back?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: What are they doing to Seguin?

no

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

No.  The whole team is in a funk.  He is the last player I'm worried about.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I did find it curious that he wasn't out there on the PP at the end of the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to jalvis's comment:

I did find it curious that he wasn't out there on the PP at the end of the game.

I was thinking the same thing...but they did have KLH, Jagr, Marchand and Chara out there...who would you have pulledm for Seguin?  You figure Lucic and Horton would be in Price's face, but no, they were closer to the hot dog stand than the net.  That was the proble.  But yea, I would have liked to see Seguin and Jagr together on that PP.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Not giving him Campbell's minutes.

They are getting the exact kind of return 15 minutes of TOI gets you - half a point a game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Clody Fourlines could turn Sid the Kid into a halfpoint a game player. The mismanagement of offense culminated in the no-shot power play at the end of the game last night. I'm all for firing him and getting a coach who can run a pp and an offense, and give minutes based on talent. Segs and Marchand should be playing 20-22 minutes a night, as well as Jagr. Thornton should be nowhere near the ice when they're down a goal with less than 2 minutes left! The system being used now can't beat NY Rangers, Montreal, or Pittsburg. That spells one-and-done.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

White: Lucic-Krejci-Horton/Gold: Marchand-Campbell-Jagr/Grey: Paille, Seguin, Pandolfo, Kelly/Merlot:Thornton, Caron, Peverley, Daugavins^CS

Demoted to the 3rd line and that answer is Seguin is holding himself back with terrible one on one battles. Tyler will get back his MoJo that I also believe.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

For people calling for Julien to do something,ala the Scabs benching players, how about Seguin to the 3rd line. Short of sitting Seguin out this is the next option, demotion. Hopefully he will respond and maybe Marchand could use a shakeup.To quote Foreigner, "he's as cold as ice".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

Clody Fourlines could turn Sid the Kid into a halfpoint a game player. The mismanagement of offense culminated in the no-shot power play at the end of the game last night. I'm all for firing him and getting a coach who can run a pp and an offense, and give minutes based on talent. Segs and Marchand should be playing 20-22 minutes a night, as well as Jagr. Thornton should be nowhere near the ice when they're down a goal with less than 2 minutes left! The system being used now can't beat NY Rangers, Montreal, or Pittsburg. That spells one-and-done.

I agree time to send the fat man packing. His ego is trumping whats best for the team

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Nobody is gonna like this but ...truth is Seguin has been playing like a poo$$y for most of his 3 yrs in the league. He was allowed to, and now it's coming home to roost. I have no problem with him getting punished by the coach, it's just way way way overdue. I'd seriously tell him that the next flyby or stickcheck he does gets him to the press box. God, I'd love to see him spend a few weeks with Tortorella -

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Demoted to the 3rd line and that answer is Seguin is holding himself back with terrible one on one battles. Tyler will get back his MoJo that I also believe.

Yes. demoted to 3rd line

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/04/tyler_seguin_de_1.html

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Wow. How do you Nostradamus' do it!? Vega reports Seguin's been demoted to the 3rd Line and an hour and half later, you guys call for Seguin to be demoted to the 3rd Line. What prescience!! Get yourselves to Vegas!!

Put the Czech brothers together - Martin and Akroyd - Jagr and Krejci.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I am fine with where Seguin has been over the past few weeks.  More aggressive (for him) and has been better in 1:1 battles.  Had a nice back-check last night to break up a rush, and did not look out of place in the pivot.

CJ singling him out again, is no surprise.  That is right out of the CJ playbook.  Let the "vets" slide and bench the young guy...unless you are Chris Bourque, of course.  Missed it, but when was Ference benched?  Lucic?  Horton? 

This is what CJ does, he is so predictable.  I am sure Seguin will be happy when he's gone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"That is right out of the CJ playbook.  Let the "vets" slide and bench the young guy...unless you are Chris Bourque, of course.  Missed it, but when was Ference benched?  Lucic?  Horton? 

This is what CJ does, he is so predictable.  I am sure Seguin will be happy when he's gone."

And around that time Kessel will be a free agent as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Claude knows plough horses.

Not so much of a thouroughbred guy.

Great for the Plowing Match, lost at the Derby

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

I am fine with where Seguin has been over the past few weeks.  More aggressive (for him) and has been better in 1:1 battles.  Had a nice back-check last night to break up a rush, and did not look out of place in the pivot.

CJ singling him out again, is no surprise.  That is right out of the CJ playbook.  Let the "vets" slide and bench the young guy...unless you are Chris Bourque, of course.  Missed it, but when was Ference benched?  Lucic?  Horton? 

This is what CJ does, he is so predictable.  I am sure Seguin will be happy when he's gone.

Wasn't Fat demoted to the 3rd line in practice and then played half a game there before being put back to his normal spot?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Wasn't Fat demoted to the 3rd line in practice and then played half a game there before being put back to his normal spot?

You are right on that, think it lasted a couple of shifts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to uppercut's comment:

I couldnt agree more!!! the worst part is you cant teach courage and he is a scared player out there how many times do you see him in 1on1s instead of trying to go around and drive the net ( where good thing happen ex goal or powerplay ) he takes the SAFE option and takes a low percentage shot. Its too bad he has tons of skill but no courage at all look at gallager on mont small but courageous. Seguins been in the league 3 years now and when Galenchuk how ever you spell it is out playing him and seems to be more dangerous you have to take the rose coloured glasses off, He needs to stop trying to be a pretty boy and get his nose dirty. 

Great post.  Give Seguin Gallagher's courage (WHL boys sure have it) and he's a top player in the league.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to uppercut's comment:

In response to JWensink's comment:

Nobody is gonna like this but ...truth is Seguin has been playing like a poo$$y for most of his 3 yrs in the league. He was allowed to, and now it's coming home to roost. I have no problem with him getting punished by the coach, it's just way way way overdue. I'd seriously tell him that the next flyby or stickcheck he does gets him to the press box. God, I'd love to see him spend a few weeks with Tortorella -

I couldnt agree more!!! the worst part is you cant teach courage and he is a scared player out there how many times do you see him in 1on1s instead of trying to go around and drive the net ( where good thing happen ex goal or powerplay ) he takes the SAFE option and takes a low percentage shot. Its too bad he has tons of skill but no courage at all look at gallager on mont small but courageous. Seguins been in the league 3 years now and when Galenchuk how ever you spell it is out playing him and seems to be more dangerous you have to take the rose coloured glasses off, He needs to stop trying to be a pretty boy and get his nose dirty. 

I'm on board with this, at least on a more consistent basis. There are times in games where he seems to "get it", but as stated more often than not he's taking the fly by. I also wonder when Tyler is watching game tape and he sees that hitting the opposing blueline at top speed and trying to beat the d-men one on one that they just knock the puck off his stick, why does he keep trying it? Doesn't he know the other teams watch game tape too?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Seguin just got moved to play center following the Bergeron injury.  That lasts a couple of shifts longer than 1 game before CJ pulls the plug on it.  Now demoted to 3rd-line.  Disproportionate accountability being put on him.

Seguin will never be a mucker.  He is not a physical player and probably never will be.  What he has is a great set of skills that are not being maximized.  He owns it from his end, but CJ owns putting him in spots to be successful.  3rd-line?  Punitive.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Seguin just got moved to play center following the Bergeron injury.  That lasts a couple of shifts longer than 1 game before CJ pulls the plug on it.  Now demoted to 3rd-line.  Disproportionate accountability being put on him.

Seguin will never be a mucker.  He is not a physical player and probably never will be.  What he has is a great set of skills that are not being maximized.  He owns it from his end, but CJ owns putting him in spots to be successful.  3rd-line?  Punitive.

Crowls

Bergeron isn't a mucker and neither is Krejci. There's a huge gap from Seguin to 37 and 46, it's just playing the game the right way or not. Nobody is expecting him to do more than that, but if he doesn't at least commit to that level ...then bust isn't out of the question. Jury is still out, but he's kind of at a crossroads right now.