What are you going to do?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

What are you going to do?

The way this series has been going, good chance one or both could go into overtime. Overtime in a SCF, with the possibilty of the series being over in both games? Could be a first for alot of us as Bruins fans.  I don't think I'll be able to sit down.

How do you guys think you'd handle it? For those of you who smoke, might want to have a clean ashtray.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

Re: What are you going to do?

For each game of the finals I have limited my self to no more than 6 beers besides the weekend games due having to wake up early for work. I think for game 6 and 7 I will go no beer as a sacrifice to the hockey gods to to get us the cup :). I always have to have plenty of snacks Swedish Fish assorted colored and wings haha and more beer than I know I will drink just in case the game keeps going if I don't work the next morning. My sick and disgusting habit of chewing I keep two unoppended cans just in case. ( old habbits die hard started doing that crap playing baseball with older kids and its an adult addiction now)

The next 2 games I will be watching at my friends house and as a good omen thats where me and my friends watched them win the cup in 11 positive vibes :). What ever happens win or lose this has been a fun ride and I have enjoyed it but something tells me the bruins will pull this off this group has so much pride and heart.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

Also I will add I can't fall asleep not because I am nervous but I am really excited for game 6 I can't wait til the drop of the puck! LETS GO BRUINS! I am the sure the game is all I will think about at work today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

booze helps. beer for regulation, scotch for OT. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Edge of my seat the entire game, nevermind OT.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

I am sure many of you will yell at the tv during the game and think it will have an effect on the outcome of the game. I can't be the only fool who does this on this board lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I'm going to work on the night shift...I work from 5:30 till 5:30, with a TV and HD....I work by myself so I won't have to contain myself when the Bruins win !!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:

I am sure many of you will yell at the tv during the game and think it will have an effect on the outcome of the game. I can't be the only fool who does this on this board lol

oh i'm that fool in the bar screaming "GLASS GLASS GLASS" everytime I am convinced that Krug should not be skating the puck and should just get it out of the freaking zone. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

I was more calm for game 1 and 2, because I thought, anything may happen in Chicago but I was convince that the B's would win both games in Boston, à la 2011. But, since the fourth game loss, I'm more nervous every day. Still think we can win tonight and go take it for the ultimate game, but now, it's a must win situation each time. Let's hope Bergy can play or the others find a way to win for him :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:

Lol, I knew I wasn't the only person to do this. Our dog always runs for cover thinking he's in trouble. Usually in the final period I can't sit down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

I'm fortunate -- after my kids moved out -- to finally have a bonified Bear Cave away from the only other human left in the house. She goes to bed early leaving me to do what ever pacing, yelling, wacked out superstitions, etc. I have learned over the last 50 years to calm my temper since dry wall is quite unforgiving -- but just in case -- I'm contemplating installing a punching bag for seasons to come.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Somehow get through it the same way I did v.s Vancouver, which involved some booze, some pacing, and some crazy distractions during commercials to break the tension (I need to water the plants...etc.)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Sit, stand, pace, yell at the tube especially on stupid give aways. Pray. Plead. Didn't think I'd be this tense but I want this cup.  Come on boys you can do it!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm going to go all Costanza and do the opposite of everything I've always done. No Bruins gear, no Lucky Charms, no pregame youtube views of past game highlights..and  I'm not even going to watch it at my own house...down to ol' Cape Cod to brother in laws with a room full of kids under 10 years old.  Call me crazy. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I'm going to go all Costanza and do the opposite of everything I've always done. No Bruins gear, no Lucky Charms, no pregame youtube views of past game highlights..and  I'm not even going to watch it at my own house...down to ol' Cape Cod to brother in laws with a room full of kids under 10 years old.  Call me crazy. 

Watch your language ;)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

Watch your language ;)

Ha I know enjoy the game Fletch

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I am with Asmaha on his prediction, Bruins win big tonight. Game 7 however I will wear a hole in my carpet and have 57 out-of-breath-have-to-breath-in-a-bag-hyperventlation episodes like Nicolas Cage in "Matchstick Men"!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Somehow get through it the same way I did v.s Vancouver, which involved some booze, some pacing, and some crazy distractions during commercials to break the tension (I need to water the plants...etc.)

NICE!!!i'm not the only one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Tough series for fans.  I'm tired.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Working tonight get my wife to e-mail updates,hoping for game seven,sure i will be sick that night,if there is game 7.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I pace. Madly. I pace on a normal day enough as it is, but during a game like this I barely stop moving, but always keeping one eye on the TV, and usually a beer in hand. I'll likely have to watch this game alone or else drive everyone around me absolutely insane.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Games 1-6 are always in my own home, with my own beer/food/tv/comfort zone. Both Stowaway and Frye's Leap IPA on tap for tonight. I was literally on the floor in front of the tv during the last 2 mins of Game 5 so I could catch every single nuance...who's doing what off the puck, what little bounces could make the difference, who looks tired, etc.

For Game 7s, I want to be out and surrounded by people at a bar somewhere. Those moments need to be shared, win or lose. In 2011 alone....Horton's OT winner vs Montreal, the 1-0 gem (still the best game I've ever witnessed by both teams) and of course the Cup win...were all enjoyed surrounded by other yahoos at BWW.