What does Paille have to do?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

What does Paille have to do?

Caron has done NOTHING to earn 3rd line minutes! This should be Paille's job to lose & then if Caron can show something in camp he gets a shot on the 4th line. Paille has earned a shot to see if he can contribute with some offence in the same fashion he did in the play-offs. Kelly should be demoted to the 4th line & Campbell gets his shot for a 3rd line center. He earned his shot too! Don't agree with this article at all!

http://www.boston.com/blogs/sports/hockey/bruins/bruinsdaily/2013/08/third_line_right_wing_jordan_c.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Re: What does Paille have to do?

I would say its more to do with the success of the merlot line.  If Campbell can't go at the start training camp or the season, I'm sure there will be plenty of mixing/matching with Paille, Kelly and the rookies.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hold your horses.

This "article" contains no official knowledge.  Chiarelli and/or Julien aren't mentioned once.  In fact, there is nothing at all to show that it's even 1% valid.  It's a stupid article written by a bad writer. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Two things, nite - one, "Bruins Daily" is "Bleacher Report" as far as I can see.  The Globe can't throw up enough disclaimers.  There's not a single quotation to suggest that what Anthony Travaglia is saying is based on anything more than what you could pull together yourself to support an argument for the Merlot line to be the third line this year.  Second, that, in fact, seems to be what you're basically arguing.  Drop Thornton, move Paille over to RW, put Soderberg on LW, and have Caron-Kelly-Thornton as your 4th line.  Not offensive.

Are you not entertained?!?!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

I would say its more to do with the success of the merlot line.  If Campbell can't go at the start training camp or the season, I'm sure there will be plenty of mixing/matching with Paille, Kelly and the rookies.

Marchand was part of the "merlot" line too & when he started producing they moved him up. Paille deserves a shot moreso than Caron at this juncture. Campbell earned his spot over Kelly at this juncture. Caron & Kelly need to earn their spots as far as I'm concerned.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Two things, nite - one, "Bruins Daily" is "Bleacher Report" as far as I can see.  The Globe can't throw up enough disclaimers.  There's not a single quotation to suggest that what Anthony Travaglia is saying is based on anything more than what you could pull together yourself to support an argument for the Merlot line to be the third line this year.  Second, that, in fact, seems to be what you're basically arguing.  Drop Thornton, move Paille over to RW, put Soderberg on LW, and have Caron-Kelly-Thornton as your 4th line.  Not offensive.

OK, this is what I'm saying. The Yeti shouldn't be necessarily in the lineup every nite either. Campbell & Paille has earned the right to have their icetimes increased over ANYONE else in the bottom six of the lineup. PERIOD! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Just keep Paille on the fourth line. Does everything you can ask and more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Just keep Paille on the fourth line. Does everything you can ask and more.

That's not true.

I've asked him to wash my truck.

Twice.

It's still dirty.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris3366. Show chris3366's posts

In my opinion the reason the Merlot line is successful is because their only job is to keep the puck out of their defensive zone and punish physically.  When they are in the offensive zone to cycle and wear down the other team and if they can get a scoring chance to take it.  Other lines jobs are similar but their jobs more rely on carrting the puck out of the zone and making smart plays with the puck to get to the offensive zone and to make plays to score.  A little different for sure. The Merlot lines game is supposed to be simple.  Moving players to other resposibilities can work short term but their skill or lack thereof will show eventually.  Paille is successful because what is asked of him is exactly what makes him successful.  Same for Campbell.  Thorton is only a 4th liner at best.  Which is better then all of us.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

well even if Caron makes the team (and I think that a long shot) Paille will still get more minutes on the 4th line and PK.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

well even if Caron makes the team (and I think that a long shot) Paille will still get more minutes on the 4th line and PK.

Make or break year for him. I'd love to see him make the team, but he was drafted to be a top 6 forward who is struggling to break the bottom 6. Love the way he goes to the net, if he could get a couple of early ones that could set the tone for him the whole year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

Make or break year for him. I'd love to see him make the team, but he was drafted to be a top 6 forward who is struggling to break the bottom 6. Love the way he goes to the net, if he could get a couple of early ones that could set the tone for him the whole year.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure that's true Kel. There are only so many top 6 positions available throughout the league. I personally don't think that all 1st rounders are drafted to be top 6 forwards or top pairing defensemen. Outside of the top 10-15 picks, I think teams are just looking for a player that can carve out a real NHL career in any manner possible. I always saw Caron as more likely to play bottom 6 and contribute to the PK. He wasn't really a big scorer in junior either but showed he was capable of being a solid role player in the WJC's. You guys are right. This is a make or break year for Caron. I've personally lined myself up for some pretty good ribbing if he doesn't become an NHL regular this year. I've staked my lack of reputation on it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I'm not so sure that's true Kel. There are only so many top 6 positions available throughout the league. I personally don't think that all 1st rounders are drafted to be top 6 forwards or top pairing defensemen. Outside of the top 10-15 picks, I think teams are just looking for a player that can carve out a real NHL career in any manner possible. I always saw Caron as more likely to play bottom 6 and contribute to the PK. He wasn't really a big scorer in junior either but showed he was capable of being a solid role player in the WJC's. You guys are right. This is a make or break year for Caron. I've personally lined myself up for some pretty good ribbing if he doesn't become an NHL regular this year. I've staked my lack of reputation on it.

Dez, for some reason it's always been in my head that he was drafted to be a top 6. Why? I have no idea,probably because of where he was picked and what PC said when he was drafted, which i cant remember now, but you've seen him alot more in junior than I did, all I'm going on is clips etc..I'm with you though, I hope he finds a home on the left wing there.

Small sample size in Boston, seen him play in Providence but I really think he plays a responsible two-way game and has some scoring touch. It's cliche, but I just think he needs some confidence at the NHL level, thats what i think a good start is paramount to him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Dez, I just think the 2 new guys from Dallas will come to Boston really hungry and make it a tough decision for Caron.  Also think they might be better skaters than Caron.

I also see him playing a 3rd or 4th line defensively as he did in the WJC where he had some good success

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Dez, I just think the 2 new guys from Dallas will come to Boston really hungry and make it a tough decision for Caron.  Also think they might be better skaters than Caron.

I also see him playing a 3rd or 4th line defensively as he did in the WJC where he had some good success

BsL, the biggest reason I see him having the best shot at staying in the NHL is his new 1 way contract. He'll be playing for a reasonable price in Boston or somewhere else if they try to send him down as I can't imagine him clearing waivers. Another team would surely snap him up because he's still only 22 and signed to a cap friendly deal for just 1 year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

When rumors broke during last April’s trade deadline that the Bruins were looking to acquire a legitimate scoring threat, Caron’s name was floated around, but “experts” quickly shot that rumor down saying the Bruins value Caron much more highly than other teams do in the league. 

What I find so amusing about this is that it's like he's saying the B's value Caron moreso than they did Seguin. 

Dez your rep is top notch in my books, whether that means anything or not is up to you; I understand the whole concept of what Caron has shown in bits & pieces of his possible overall value to the B's. However, this team prides itself in hardwork, character & success. When a player on this team does this, he deserves to be rewarded for it. Not stay as is. Paille & Campbell have paid their dues on this team. Thus far, Caron, Spooner, Fraser, Smith & whoever else you want to plug in there have not.

Saying they shouldn't move up, because of this or that is irrelevent. They improved their worth & value & played exceptionally well for so called 4th liners. They deserve a shot at playing 3rd line minutes, plus their pk'ing. I'm not even saying they have to stay there, but they deserve to have a shot at seeing if they can continue where they left off. If that means changing positions a bit so be it. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Which line a guy slots in on doesn't always mean a huge amount in the overall scheme though Nite. Paille might be deemed as being more effective in his current slot with the Merlot line and with his PK time, would still likely see more minutes per game than Caron. Regarding the open spots at forward, I don't care who gets them if they earn it in camp.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Which line a guy slots in on doesn't always mean a huge amount in the overall scheme though Nite. Paille might be deemed as being more effective in his current slot with the Merlot line and with his PK time, would still likely see more minutes per game than Caron. Regarding the open spots at forward, I don't care who gets them if they earn it in camp.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

Yea, I see what you're saying. Book said something similar, but I guess it's just the whole."It's Caron's job to lose!" is what's bugging me. Samething with Kelly being the 3rd line center. I think Campbell should be taking his spot for now at least. You're probably right in what you're saying when comparing the icetime. Just the whole" Paille/Campbell 4th liners. Kelly/Caron/Soderberg 3rd liners." is irking me. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I don't know what the prospects from Dallas or other young guys will bring, but Caron has done little to date. How a writer can suggest that it's is job to lose is beyond me. If Caron does win the job, I'm hoping that it means that he has improved in all areas.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

BsL, the biggest reason I see him having the best shot at staying in the NHL is his new 1 way contract. He'll be playing for a reasonable price in Boston or somewhere else if they try to send him down as I can't imagine him clearing waivers. Another team would surely snap him up because he's still only 22 and signed to a cap friendly deal for just 1 year.

I hope it's because he deserves it rather than the oneway deal and waivers.  Let's hope he worked really hard over the summer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsalways. Show bruinsalways's posts

I like Paille on the forth line,now personally I would like to see someone besides Thornton,on that line,but I think Paille and Cambell play well together.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I hope it's because he deserves it rather than the oneway deal and waivers.  Let's hope he worked really hard over the summer.

You're right. The job(s) should go to whoever earns it in camp.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You're right. The job(s) should go to whoever earns it in camp.

cough cough ...Bourque

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, nite, you gotta remember that other part of what I posted - the author of that piece saying it's Caron's to lose might as well be Stanley for all the inside info he has.  For one thing, if the Bruins don't think Caron understands the gravity of his situation, they'll send him down and if he gets claimed, he gets claimed. Seems unlikely if "other teams don't value Caron as highly as the Bruins do".  For another, if he goes to the minors, he has no impact on the Boston Cap because they're paying him relative peanuts.

But 3rd/4th in terms of ice time - it is kind of a moot point on the Bruins.  Even strength, Campbell played 1:21 less than Kelly.  Paille played 47 seconds less per game than Peverley ES.  Both of them played a minute (give or take 13 seconds) more than Bourque, 2 minutes more than Caron, 3 more than Thornton or Pandawful.... Shorthanded ice time was neglibly different.  A minute or two more per game isn't particularly signficant and testifies to Julien rolling the lines.  If they sit Thornton a bit more often, maybe that gap closes and Julien plays whichever line - 3 or 4 - is going better that extra few shifts? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm not allowed to comment on Caron because it sends Dez off the deep end when I do.  No one wants to read 400 posts about how Chris Bourque and Kaspers Daugavins suck.