what i want to see friday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

what i want to see friday

In a word: Blood. I'm not a guy that loves the staged fights. But these two teams could be destined to meet in the playoffs, and it's no secret the bruins play their best when they have hatred for the opposition. First chance I want Lucic trying to go with Iginla. You don't want to play for Boston Jarome? fine, this is what it's like to play against boston. Time and time again this team has been propelled by those big "fight night" games. Dallas, Atlanta, they both ignited some emotion into the team, and the team was much better for it. 22, 11, 54, 17, 18, i want them all to try to find a little hatred for the penguins. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: what i want to see friday

I've seen enough blood and violence lately.  I'd like to see a skilled game with the B's getting more goals than the other team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I just wanna see a team that makes the other side want to get rid of the puck a little early by finishing some good, hard checks. And a regulation win as well that isn't dependent on one of our goalies making 40 saves. Is that so much to ask?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

The blood lust on this tragic week is very surprising. Are you from this area?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I just want to see them prove they can match up well against the Pens.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

no doubt in my mind BRUINS are going to win tomorrow ...we'll give the Pens a hockey lesson ...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i am from this area. poor choice of words. i was puttering around on youtube and watched highlights from that game against MTL where thomas and price "fought" and the dallas game with ott. seemed to really fire up those teams. that's all i meant. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

I just wanna see a team that makes the other side want to get rid of the puck a little early by finishing some good, hard checks. And a regulation win as well that isn't dependent on one of our goalies making 40 saves. Is that so much to ask?

I have no problem with the goalie making 40 saves in a victory.  The B's have a great goalie!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I've seen enough blood and violence lately.  I'd like to see a skilled game with the B's getting more goals than the other team.

Not very good at either, are they?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

i am from this area. poor choice of words. i was puttering around on youtube and watched highlights from that game against MTL where thomas and price "fought" and the dallas game with ott. seemed to really fire up those teams. that's all i meant. 

I think what you are getting at is that you want to see the Bruins want to defeat their opponents, rather than just want to win the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In a word: Blood. I'm not a guy that loves the staged fights. But these two teams could be destined to meet in the playoffs, and it's no secret the bruins play their best when they have hatred for the opposition. First chance I want Lucic trying to go with Iginla. You don't want to play for Boston Jarome? fine, this is what it's like to play against boston. Time and time again this team has been propelled by those big "fight night" games. Dallas, Atlanta, they both ignited some emotion into the team, and the team was much better for it. 22, 11, 54, 17, 18, i want them all to try to find a little hatred for the penguins. 

Lucic will probably be a healthy scratch friday

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I have no problem with the goalie making 40 saves in a victory.  The B's have a great goalie!

I have no problem with any type victory as well. I just want to see some dominant shut down hockey from this team. Sixty minutes from everyone.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No it isn't and a good point. Much more concerned with the Bs defense than the goaltending, that is as solid it has ever been.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Gregory Campbell (18:32, zero shots). I wan't to see less of him,he should be killing penalties and be on forth line,not on power play,i want to see Julian stop being an idiot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

Lucic will probably be a healthy scratch friday

i follow fluto on twitter. i know this. this is what i.....WANT....to see. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

There are people wanting a win?  I thought we're "resting" guys? Holding the cards close to the vest?   Pitt isn't.  Washington isn't.  Chicago isn't.

Why is this game on Friday of any relevance?  Explain this logic.  Please.

did you even read the post? I'll try to explain this simply. Bruins play good when angry. Bruins play physical when angry. Bruins often get angry from a very physical, fight filled game like the ones mentioned. Bostonfan want Bruins play good. Want friday to make them play better.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to red75's comment:

i'd rather see how they match up against a healthy Penguins team....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

In response to red75's comment:

i'd rather see how they match up against a healthy Penguins team....

true enough.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Penguins are down Malkin (possibly), Crosby and Neal so a good opp. for the B's to take advantage and get the W.

I still believe Penguins are the team to beat to get to Sir Stanley. Hope the B's get the chance to play them in the playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

Penguins are down Malkin (possibly), Crosby and Neal so a good opp. for the B's to take advantage and get the W.

I still believe Penguins are the team to beat to get to Sir Stanley. Hope the B's get the chance to play them in the playoffs.

i'd prefer they play some team that got hot for a week and beat the penguins

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

What I want to see is this team to finally establish an identity.  The most frustrating part of this whole "slump" is that players who we've come to expect to bring certain things night in and night out, aren't doing them anymore. 

Are they tired?  Complacent?  Tuning out the coaches or team leaders?  Out of shape?  Overwhelmed by past success?  Is it all in their heads?  Is it all in our heads?

No question that emotion played a huge part in their Cup run so let's start there.   Not necessarily looking for fights for the sake of fighting, but an emotional response to trying to win a hockey game would be a good start.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

i'd prefer they play some team that got hot for a week and beat the penguins

Wouldn't be as satisfying as sending the Penguins to the golf course, at least for me.