What is Krejci worth?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

What is Krejci worth?

Let me start off by saying, this is not a trade Krejci for Stamkos-esque post. Its more about what it will take or not take to let him go/keep him.

I like the kid (Krejci) a whole lot, he may not put up the points that other #1 centers in the league put up, but he has amazing vision and plays a good responsible game. In other words, he is exactly what a Bruins center should be IMO.
    However...
    The kid is playing his last year of his contract next season before he reaches RFA status. Yep, we have the right to match, but at what cost? I believe two things have to be considered. The first one, to me, is the most important.

1) What is another team willing to give up for the kid by way of a RFA offer sheet?
    Currently, under this year's rules the compensation levels (which might change) that the are important are:
    More than $3,134,088 -- $4,701,131: First and third-round pick
    More than $4,701,131 -- $6,268,175: First, second and third-round pick
    The questions becomes, what is Krejci worth to ANOTHER team by way of draft picks they'd have to give up to get him. As we now know, the salary is a farce as it can be manipulated with the lengthy front-loaded contracts. I believe a 25 year old center, with developed skills, who is not even in his prime is ABSOLUTELY worth a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Can't you see Burkie salivating? Which leads to question two.

2) Do Bergeron and Seguin factor into Boston's evaluation of what Krejci is worth in regards to matching a potential offer?
    Will Boston say, sure, we have two young centers potentially capable of playing 1st and 2nd line and will take the picks and savings and move on from him? It's not a question of salary space. The Bruins will have it. For me, its a question of having a great kid, very good skills, homegrown, not even in his prime.

Can you walk away? Because the Bruins might have to. This kid is no doubt getting an offer sheet following next season.

LETS GO BRUINS!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Re: What is Krecji worth?

Don't pay attention, another hab fan in disguise trying to convince people to get rid of our star playoff performer. Chirelli will sign Krejci, I have full confidence

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: What is Krejci worth?

If he follows suit with the other cornerstones of this team, he will sign a fair extension sometime during this season and this post will become pointless.
    If not, either he wants market value for his services, or Management doesn't feel any real pressure to lock him up (which I highly doubt).  So, the question becomes do you have enough organizational depth at center to jettison DC for picks or prospects (ala Kessel)?  Nope.  Seguin may be a replacement for Krecji someday but we are two plus years away at least.  Bergy could take on a more offensive role, but 2b center seems to fit him perfectly.  So unless the trade is for a 1st or 2nd line center, you can't do it.  If it is, why do it?  Seems like a wash to me, and the player I know is much more valuable the the player I don't.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

This is a non-issue to me.  The Bruins have plenty of cap space and didn't spend this year in anticipation of next year.  DK's agent and PC are former partners and friends.  PC probably already knows what it will take to get the deal done.  They will have no problem working out a fair deal.  He will probably take less than many other players of his caliber.  I really like what he brings to the game so I wouldn't consider moving him, even if Seguin emerges.  Just go with three high-end centers like Pittsburgh, especially since Bergeron already takes on the checking role.  CJ has also shown a knack for mixing and matching players when appropriate and playing centers together, so they would all get good ice time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

'The Bruins have plenty of cap space and didn't spend this year in anticipation of next year."

Of real importance plus with how PC handled Bergeron and Chara not concerned either. I think I mentioned on another post I'd put the contract at lower the first few years 5.75M then up to 6M per last few 5 years total. Wouldn't be surprised if Krejci's agent wanted 3 years so he gets another big payday 16-18M max on that if the parties go that way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

If Harry Sinden still were the GM, he'd take Krejci to arbitration and then walk away from the deal. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

As I mentioned in the OP, its not a matter of capspace, but a matter of gauging what DK's worth is. With the money flying around in this years (read: strange) FA period, I just got to wondering about DK. 3 yrs @ 6 mill each you say? Interesting..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

David will resign in Boston for an extension of 4 years 20 million!
    I think Dave is the kind of guy who wont cry over a couple million! Im speculating but he seems fairly introverted! He is comfortable in Boston and will want to stay!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: What is Krejci worth?:
    [QUOTE]David will resign in Boston for an extension of 4 years 20 million! I think Dave is the kind of guy who wont cry over a couple million! Im speculating but he seems fairly introverted! He is comfortable in Boston and will want to stay!
    Posted by samsonov[/QUOTE]

when you use an exclamation point after every sentence, they lose meaning

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: What is Krejci worth?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Krejci worth? : when you use an exclamation point after every sentence, they lose meaning
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

Good point ! I will remember that the next time I post ! Thanks for the valuable info !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to What is Krejci worth?:
    [QUOTE]Let me start off by saying, this is not a trade Krejci for Stamkos-esque post. Its more about what it will take or not take to let him go/keep him. I like the kid (Krejci) a whole lot, he may not put up the points that other #1 centers in the league put up, but he has amazing vision and plays a good responsible game. In other words, he is exactly what a Bruins center should be IMO. However... The kid is playing his last year of his contract next season before he reaches RFA status. Yep, we have the right to match, but at what cost? I believe two things have to be considered. The first one, to me, is the most important. 1) What is another team willing to give up for the kid by way of a RFA offer sheet? Currently, under this year's rules the compensation levels (which might change) that the are important are: More than $3,134,088 -- $4,701,131: First and third-round pick More than $4,701,131 -- $6,268,175: First, second and third-round pick The questions becomes, what is Krejci worth to ANOTHER team by way of draft picks they'd have to give up to get him. As we now know, the salary is a farce as it can be manipulated with the lengthy front-loaded contracts. I believe a 25 year old center, with developed skills, who is not even in his prime is ABSOLUTELY worth a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Can't you see Burkie salivating? Which leads to question two. 2) Do Bergeron and Seguin factor into Boston's evaluation of what Krejci is worth in regards to matching a potential offer? Will Boston say, sure, we have two young centers potentially capable of playing 1st and 2nd line and will take the picks and savings and move on from him? It's not a question of salary space. The Bruins will have it. For me, its a question of having a great kid, very good skills, homegrown, not even in his prime. Can you walk away? Because the Bruins might have to. This kid is no doubt getting an offer sheet following next season. LETS GO BRUINS!!
    Posted by Sportsnutty[/QUOTE]

First the B's need to keep the kid happy ..he is only 25 and the signature of Kaberle would help in the future negociations ...both from the same country ...and a package like 4 years for $23MM ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

My original response to the OP was regarding how the Bruins will deal with his contract, and on that note I would say it will be around 6 mil a year.  The starting point is Bergeron's 5 mil, but he's a year away and the cap is going up.  On the open market what is he worth?  I think he could easily nab 7+  Look at Richards's contract.  Would you rather have the 2004 playoff scoring leader or the 2011?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

There was a thread similar to this about a week ago. I would like to see a deal 2-4 years in length with a cap hit between 4.5-5.5 M. However, if B's brass is confident with Seguin's ability to be a top 6 forward I would not be surprised to see them collecting compensation.

2Y/12 M
    3 Y/16M
    4Y/20M

Any of these deals work for me...

But if a team offers a big deal (cap hit $6M +), then take the compensation.

My best guess is 2Yr/12M extension signed in September

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskerr. Show dskerr's posts

I believe he will sign with Boston for about $5 - 5.5M per year, 4 or 5 years.