What Is The Issue?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: What Is The Issue?

I hear you...5 straight road losses is not the recipe.  But, they're still alive and Vancouver is beatable.  Just need some bounces courtesy of the Hockey Gods, and an intense will to win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

just like flipping pancakes burnt on one side not on the other but in the long and rocky road you get it right,and lets hope this bruins team  get it right and win the next 2 games  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

So Vancouver came out strong in Game 5, hitting everything in sight. Boston had an opportunity to hit back, but chose to wait for VAN to get past their 5 minutes of amped-up play in front of the home crowd. By that time, the power plays began.

Julien is right that getting those 3 PPs back-to-back esentially takes the Bruins out of the physical play early. If they had scored on 1 of them, whole different story. But they didn't, Vancouver gains confidence and then continues the hitting. At that time, the physical assault had been going on against Boston for a whole period, and VAN essentially forgets about the Game 3-4 play. They were back to their own selves, and because Boston didn't kick them while down.

I don't have issues with any of that. There are two talented teams on the ice. Circumstances led to Boston looking "out of it" in the 1st. I do, however, take issue with how Boston comes out in the 2nd and 3rd. Looked like they were skating in quicksand. I don't pretend to know what it's like as a pro, but being a former player I can say that sometimes your legs have the giddyup and sometimes they don't. The only way to get the legs back is to hit, and cut down on the running around. Hit, maintain puck possession and the rest comes. When Boston chose not to hit, they didn't give themselves a chance to get their legs.

Oh well. It's done. Positive thoughts on Game 6, eh?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Vancouver came out strong in game 5? They were outshot by the Bruins 12-6 in the first.

The only reason that they came out of the first period with some confidence is that they were able to kill off 3 straight Boston PPs.  It actually wasn't until the second period that the Canucks actually started to play their game.  It is true, however, that they were hitting everything in sight. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Vancouver was hitting everything in sight, but as is often said, the team without the puck tends to make more hits.  I think Boston controlled the puck a lot, and I did not see Vancouver's physical "edge" translate to an advantage on the ice.  The B's are fine with physical play.  Nobody out there was intimidated or thrown off their game.

It was yet another dead even game that neither Boston nor Vancouver cashed in on power play opportunities, and Vancouver got the odd goal.  Is it because they are so much more talented?  I dunno, maybe.  I found the difference to be when Vancouver rushed the net, they committed to going to the net, following up with rebound shots and action around the crease.  This action led to Maxine's lucky goal.

The problem I have with complaining too loudly about the Bruins' received lack of "fire" is that it just seems to be a concerted effort to get off a shot and get back to the zone to defend.  They are not committing to the net, not getting any sort of action or rebounds.  Luongo, Im sorry, had another easy night.  Im not trying to dismiss him because he is suddenly so unlikable, but its true.

My issue here is that I am not convinced the B's are not keeping the games within reach this way.  If the B's get into a skill shootout with Vancouver they will probably lose, especially after the Horton assassination.  Before this series started if someone said that the B's would be 0-0, up 2-1 and 0-0 in each of the 3rd periods, Id have been ecstatic.  I expected to lose one or 2 games by 3 or 4.  Yes Thomas has been brilliant, but his team defense has been just as brilliant in keeping the rebounds and scoring chances down.  They just havent been lucky (or skilled?) enough to get the odd goal in Vancouver.

If the B's are fortunate enough to get past Game 6, I think they probably need to abandon the tight road hockey style because it is 0-3, but they have to be prepared to win 5-4 or lose 7-2.  Either way, so far it is not because they havent been trying, in my opinion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBean0-0. Show BostonBean0-0's posts

Real bruins fans are never discouraged. If we can`t win the 6th, we`ll win the 7th. But we`ll win this Cup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The issue is Claude. Claude is a defensive first coach and very good at it. He is also a stubborn autocrat who insists that the team play as he dictates. He did not use Seguin on the first three PP, what a waste. Then he wants his team to not take penalties, so he ties them down. Meanwhile Luongo, who is a very goos goalie albeit with a big ego and bigger mouth, has another very good game, and the bruins hit a few cross bars. That game is over. Tomorrow, may the best team win. Perhaps the bloggers who want Boston fans to deluge the ice if Vancouver wins, should pay attention to the time worn traditional hand shake as a better quality of expression. Go BRUINS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

playoffs are a roller coaster.  winning teams find ways to get over that last hump.  we have what it takes. they just have to play their best game.  i think they will

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RidingwiththeQueen. Show RidingwiththeQueen's posts

In Response to Re: What Is The Issue?:
    [QUOTE]Real bruins fans are never discouraged. If we can`t win the 6th, we`ll win the 7th. But we`ll win this Cup.
    Posted by BostonBean0-0[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, you're right hubby said the same thing this morning and i agree..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBean0-0. Show BostonBean0-0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Is The Issue? : Um...hate to tell you...but if we can't win the 6th...there is NO 7th.
    Posted by hendy77[/QUOTE]

What??? no 7th. I think you're a Habstroll.
    If there is no 7th, it`s a steal by the Canadian again.

So, we'll send you our U.S. Air Farce.

At your choice...

Go Bruins!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Bruins have laid an egg in every series except Philly.  We knew it was coming; I am just glad that it came in game 5.  If the bruins snap back tomorrow; then I think that the bruins will make a statement game in Vancouver.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantown28. Show Beantown28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Is The Issue? : What??? no 7th. I think you're a Habstroll. If there is no 7th, it`s a steal by the Canadian again.   So, we'll send you our U.S. airforce. At your choice. Go Bruins!!

He's definitely a Habstroll, if we don't win tomorrow will win the cup wednesday i'm with you Go Bruins !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Is The Issue? : What??? no 7th. I think you're a Habstroll. If there is no 7th, it`s a steal by the Canadian again.   So, we'll send you our U.S. airforce. At your choice. Go Bruins!!
    =======================================================
       LMAO.First time that i`ve seen that chart.Good one!! (but so true)
                                  Go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4FortheCup. Show 4FortheCup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Is The Issue? : =======================================================    LMAO.First time that i`ve seen that chart.Good one!! (but so true)                               Go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by djbosox2004[/QUOTE]

LOL they're laughing at you...! if we win tomorrow it's over for you...no game 7th

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBean0-0. Show BostonBean0-0's posts

Thank guys for your support. I will complain to their Prime Minister Don Cherry

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Is The Issue? : LOL they're laughing at you...! if we win tomorrow it's over for you...no game 7th
    Posted by 4FortheCup[/QUOTE]
    ============================================================
      Hey dung for brains,i`m not like you or alot of the posters on here. If it`s funny,I laugh.
       I take this board with a grain of salt.Just like I do with your lame opinions.
      If you don`t like it,just go pound sand..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantown28. Show Beantown28's posts

if you're taking it with a grain of salt calm down...they're just laughing at us..!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins87. Show bruins87's posts

the issue is B's don't understand that you only need one goal to win a hockey game.
    so they will struggle to get an brilliant 7-0 win at game #6.
    take an exhausting over 3.000 miles trip.
    and be killed again by an more fresh and opportunistic team.

when team USA win a game by 1 goal, you don't shout at murder.
    so ...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FanfromGWN. Show FanfromGWN's posts

The Bruins have been in every game this series, Vancouver has only been in 3. Bruins will take the next 2 & the cup!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeCanKnockTheBruins. Show WeCanKnockTheBruins's posts

Hey read the post carefully Riding..now you're looking dumb !

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

I thought I'd see Boston play like it was a game 7 up in Vancouver but it didn't look that way.  That the biter and the taunter have had such an impact in this series makes it that much worse.  Karma seems to have taken a side or a break...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RidingwiththeQueen. Show RidingwiththeQueen's posts

Hubby Dylan took your gel again this morning... and don't let people say you're dumb...most of the time it ain't true...