What no trade rumours ????? !!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: What no trade rumours ????? !!!!!!!!!

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Shupe, it has nothing to do with what Yakupov said, but I think if the B's offered Lucic for Yakupov straight up, the Oilers would jump at it. Yakupov might be great, has all the skill, but Lucic is a rare commodity and they have a surplus of skill at the forward position.

[/QUOTE]

All day.  There aren't too many guys in the league that wouldn't be dealt for Lucic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Shupe, it has nothing to do with what Yakupov said, but I think if the B's offered Lucic for Yakupov straight up, the Oilers would jump at it. Yakupov might be great, has all the skill, but Lucic is a rare commodity and they have a surplus of skill at the forward position.

[/QUOTE]

All day.  There aren't too many guys in the league that wouldn't be dealt for Lucic.

[/QUOTE]

That said, and I realize this is just for giggles,  I wouldnt trade Lucic for Yakupov. In fact, theres only a handful of players I would.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not in a lifetime, Kel.  Lucic is everything a hockey player should be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only 2 the Bs would trade are seidenberg because he would get back value and the Bs feel they have the depth and then theres Marchand, who knows what is going on there but his demotion so soon, why ?

I also think that the Bs have depth in goaltending, it wouldnt surprise me to see them ship sveds who  could be a number 1 in edmonton. Just my Thoughts really, The upfront situation is a mess because smith and caron are playing not to lose there spot and when you look at the others in waiting that are capable (spooner) (johnson) one has to really wonder if Marchand is on the trade block.

Reallity is the Bs wont so anything yet, they never panic, and btw, the Bs stunk in last nights game against florida.

[/QUOTE]

My 7 year old daughter asked how "sweet hands" was doing. I can't remember which one of you guys layed that one on him, but we smile every time we say it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Madhouse27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My 7 year old daughter asked how "sweet hands" was doing. I can't remember which one of you guys layed that one on him, but we smile every time we say it. 

[/QUOTE]

Man, that's funny.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh, yeah, and thanks, bobo for kicking off e-harmony 2013.  Jerk.

shupe, that's hilarious.  Bruins would have to ship Lucic and Hamilton to Edmonton for Yakupov, but your supposed "second favorite team" would give up a decent but one-dimensional defenseman, a guy who has been unable to supplant Varlamov or Holtby to be the Capitals' goalie and has no track record whatsoever, and a first round pick likely to be in the second half of the draft for Yakupov AND Smid?  That sounds like the Capitals are your favorite team because you have as big a crush on their players as Stanley has on the Bruins.

So - no "rumour" involved here - what would people give the Oil if MacTavish wanted to move him?  Say there's still a hotline between Edmonton and the Bruin GM's office, and MacTavish calls and says "hey, listen, we need to move this guy - he's a bad fit here because Dallas is telling me the lockerroom culture isn't strong enough to keep him in line.  Give me your best offer, and if I think I can sell it, we might be able to make a deal."  What's your offer?  Do you even make one or do you just say, sorry, but we like our makeup right now and we don't want to mess with it even for a guy with such a high ceiling?

If things continue as they are right now, I could see PC considering a Marchand and McQuaid for Yakupov and a pick kind of deal.  See if Ference talks up his former D partner to get it done.  But I don't know if I see much short term value in doing it, and the long term risk that this guy goes back to Russia at least balances the long term potential that he's a Kovalchuk or Mogilny. 

[/QUOTE]

Someone in here i argued with that lucic for yako was a bad deal for the oilers.  Point of my post book is that the oilers want a lot.  it wasnt bc i thought that was fair value.  

my caps deal sends them a better dman who is still young ahd exactly what the oilers need on a team friendly deal.  Alzner may be a stay at home shut down guy but hes a top 4 easy.   neuv is an upgrade in net and a first round pick that could be a lottery pick or a mid rounder.  

I dont think hamilton is anything special.   Oilers wouldnt trade yako for marchand straight up.  Would you be happier if i said lucic or marchand and hamilton for yako and smid?  

And point was that i laughed at the original offer.  Yako isnt going to the bruins unless something huge goes the other way.  That only happens if  marchand or lucic go the other way.  

[/QUOTE]

Just yanking your chain, shupe.  This is the e-harmony thread where everything is made up and logic doesn't matter.

I do think Hamilton's still got a lot of room to grow - more than Alzner ever will.  Alzner may be a top 4, but he's a 3-4 at best because he just doesn't have an offensive dimension to his game.  Not a great passer, either.  More to the point, though, there's a huge difference between Marchand and Lucic, so any sentence that gives the other team a choice between those two is a problem: "you can have either of these two vehicles and a 1000 gas card: this vintage Shelby or this Seabring convertible."

I don't think the Oil trade Yakupov for anything short of Miller, so I agree on what they'd expect in return.  I just don't think there's any way that's good value for the team that acquires Yakupov unless, like Buffalo, you're dealing a guy who's leaving at the end of the year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

It is funny i mention trade rumours, and each one of us will always have something to say. LOL

Figures leave it to me to stir the pot, open the can of worms or throw more wood in the fire.

Go Bruins Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your weekend fellow fans.