What odds do you give the Bruins to win the Stanley Cup?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What odds do you give the Bruins to win the Stanley Cup?

I'm going to try to make a point with this thread.  I'm a bit fed up with people accusing me of working for Delaware North or being a 'sheep' and etc.  I think a lot of other posters have had this label put on them as well.

As far as I know, there would be only 1 person on the whole board that would say  the odds of the Bruins winning the Cup are 100%.  By and large people are pretty realistic about their odds.

I am pretty fed up with being insulted each time I ever say anything optimistic about this team.  Things are not perfect in the Bruins organization, but they aren't half bad.  Best management in years.

Also, I think that a few people who are considered negative are probably in agreement with... me for example.

I say the odds the Bruins win the cup are 22%, and I will be the majority of people will post the odds at 50% or less.

(they only allow 10 poll questions, else I would have included 100%)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: What odds do you give the Bruins to win the Stanley Cup?

i think the B's are one of the top 5 or 6 teams in the league right now- as for a number i won't go there...whichever team is peaking in april/may/june will win the cup

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to What odds do you give the Bruins to win the Stanley Cup?:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to try to make a point with this thread.  I'm a bit fed up with people accusing me of working for Delaware North or being a 'sheep' and etc.  I think a lot of other posters have had this label put on them as well. As far as I know, there would be only 1 person on the whole board that would say  the odds of the Bruins winning the Cup are 100%.  By and large people are pretty realistic about their odds. I am pretty fed up with being insulted each time I ever say anything optimistic about this team.  Things are not perfect in the Bruins organization, but they aren't half bad.  Best management in years. Also, I think that a few people who are considered negative are probably in agreement with... me for example. I say the odds the Bruins win the cup are 22%, and I will be the majority of people will post the odds at 50% or less. (they only allow 10 poll questions, else I would have included 100%)
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    I don't always agree with you BadHab, but I think this post is pretty accurate.

Looking frome the outside in, there has not been a better team then the Bruins since they've made their changes.

They beat a surging Calgary team and arguably the favorite for the cup, the Canucks, while beating up the weak links.

I think the Stanley Cup will be won in the West, but I see the Bruins having a VERY GOOD chance of winning the East.  I do think Washington is going to be better though, with their acquisitions and I like Tampa (but I can't see them winning the East) along with Flyers.

Anything can happen, especially with goaltending, but that's how I see it right now

Enjoy the ride..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from legolaspinkerton. Show legolaspinkerton's posts

I'd say it's more like 10-15%. And maybe Philly and Vancouver are closer to 20%. I wouldn't say anyone has better than a 1-in-4 chance. Look at last year, the 7th and 8th seeds battled it our for the east.

And, by comparison, the Vegas oddsmakers rarely have anyone better than 4:1 favorites to win the Super Bowl. True, it's a different sport, but it's a good indication of the unpredictability that is involved with sports.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: What odds do you give the Bruins to win the Stanley Cup?:
    [QUOTE]I'd say it's more like 10-15%. And maybe Philly and Vancouver are closer to 20%. I wouldn't say anyone has better than a 1-in-4 chance. Look at last year, the 7th and 8th seeds battled it our for the east. And, by comparison, the Vegas oddsmakers rarely have anyone better than 4:1 favorites to win the Super Bowl. True, it's a different sport, but it's a good indication of the unpredictability that is involved with sports.
    Posted by legolaspinkerton[/QUOTE]

Right, and I'd like to remind folks that this isn't Vegas, we're talking about fans who are allegedly rabid sheep/lemmings etc., that some people complain that NOTHING negative can be said about the Bruins on this board & etc.

Yet the highest vote so far has been 50% with the majority at 22%.
    Pretty reasonable if you ask me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]I'm going to try to make a point with this thread.  I'm a bit fed up with people accusing me of working for Delaware North or being a 'sheep' and etc.  I think a lot of other posters have had this label put on them as well. As far as I know, there would be only 1 person on the whole board that would say  the odds of the Bruins winning the Cup are 100%.  By and large people are pretty realistic about their odds. I am pretty fed up with being insulted each time I ever say anything optimistic about this team.  Things are not perfect in the Bruins organization, but they aren't half bad.  Best management in years. Also, I think that a few people who are considered negative are probably in agreement with... me for example. I say the odds the Bruins win the cup are 22%, and I will be the majority of people will post the odds at 50% or less. (they only allow 10 poll questions, else I would have included 100%)

Agreed on all counts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

bad hab im new to the forum and have not got my 100 post button yet. reading the majority of my post im really behind every bit of what this team has done to make the bruins a Stanley cup contender. that includes ownership, management,coaching and players. this team has that swagger right now that could change no doubt. are they perfect no, they could use that ultimate goal scorer(crosby,stamkos,ovechkin,sedin and so on) on this team but with depth up front,the moves they made at the deadline and the defense they play. going out and getting there biggest need during the season power play qb makes this team as dangerous as any other team. worse of all my checks are signed by Delaware north but i like to think im reasonable with the bruins chances. i think they are 1 of 6 teams(philly,boston,wash,det,van and sj) that could win it all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

88% is my vote BadHab!  Just "throwing a wrentch" into your poll. Statistically speaking, the Bs chances are as good as any of the top teams in the Eastern Conference.  An injury, a hot goalie, a "out of the blue" scorer like Chris Kontos did way back are not factored in any probabilities.  If pressured I would say 88%, the Bs are one of top 6 to eight teams in the NHL, and top four in the conference. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

and still no home boys, nobody with 99% yet.
    and where is 40yearsnocup? I would expect to see that 0% chance selected by him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

and where is bruins8?  I expected a write in vote from him - 100% sure that Kessel will win a Stanely cup in his career.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

16 teams going to the playoffs.  Boston is definately top 6, so if the gods are smiling, no injuries, and all goes well, it could be argued they have as good a chance, as those other 5.  That would be just a bit north of 16%.  Philadelphia, Vancouver and Detroit get a little better odds than the top 6(only slightly), so if I must pick one of the numbers provided by bad hab.
    11%

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I currently have a pending wager: LA Kings vs. Boston Bruins in Stanley cup final.  $100 to win $6000.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

this post just proves that you work for the Bruins

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think the Bruins can win.  1st time in a long time that I like there chances.
    In the East there is Philly and the Bruins that are 1-2 favorites.  I think Tampa has a shot at some upsets.  But other than that I believe we match up well against anyone in the East.  we actually play a ver similar game as Philly and have a better goalie.
    In the West I gotta think Van makes it to the final.  I hope they do b/c we also match them well.  Detroit is my fear in the final.

A lot of it has to do with matchups.  Most of it has to do with health.  The healthy teams normally have the best chance at winning. 

I have no problem being negative towards the Bruins. I get called out all the time.  I have been called not a bruin fan, a closet hab fan etc etc. Most were sarcasm...The Bruins arent perfect.  But they have a very good chance at winning this year.  And we have franchise players, young players and great draft picks. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

20:1 not terrible odds considering the core of this team has lost the last 3 Game 7's

Give a team like Philly 8:1 because they are battle tested and made it to the Cup last year. Goaltending shaky however.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What odds do you give the Bruins to win the Stanley Cup? : so, assuming the bruins are a lock to make the playoffs (which they are) you think that they have a worse than average team among the playoff teams? can you really be that stubborn?
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Huh? My god you are such an old whiny woman. Why do you take it as a personal affront if someone doesn't wave the pom poms for "your Bruins" relax.

20:1 is decent odds for a core of a team that has choked in the playoffs in epic fashion

Now if the Maple Leafs or Thrashers snuck in as an 8 seed or something I would say 50:1 or 75:1 Does that satisfy you you crybaby? Now go wipe away those tears I think I hear your mom calling you for dinner

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Pittsburgh
    6/1 9/2 
    Vancouver12/1 5/1 
    Philadelphia12/1 11/2 
    Washington6/1 8/1 
    Detroit8/1 8/1 
    Boston20/1 14/1 

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nhl/odds/futures/

So i decided to look at what Vegas had because I knew pbergeron37 aka dkrejci46 was throwing another temper tantrum because someone dared to say the Bruins werent going to win the Cup at 1:1 odds, Bruins opened at 20:1 and now 14:1 looks like I wasn't that far off.

Maybe you should go cry to vegas too, see how far that gets you

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

If they escape having to play Montreal, I'd give them a 10 percent chance. That drops to 3 percent if they have to go through Montreal to do it. Unfortunately Montreal still spooks them. No lead is safe against those guys for the B's

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Any links for the Vegas odds?  For the sites I've seen it's been 4/1 right thru 20/1.

BTW, most people are voting below 55% and most are voting 11% and 22%.

Isla outrighted confessed to goofing on me, so throw out the one 88%...

Even at 33%, you can that a pom pom waver?  It's optimistic, but not totally unrealistic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]If they escape having to play Montreal, I'd give them a 10 percent chance. That drops to 3 percent if they have to go through Montreal to do it. Unfortunately Montreal still spooks them. No lead is safe against those guys for the B's
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

The Habs?   This year?  Since the Habs improved so much after the trade deadline?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

They have a 1/16 chance to win the cup if the playoffs started today. I picked 11% because that's realistic. It can go any way when the playoffs begin.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What odds do you give the Bruins to win the Stanley Cup? : The Habs?   This year?  Since the Habs improved so much after the trade deadline?

Another baby... dont ask people their opinions on a message board if you don't want to hear them, go outside for once and get some fresh air or something instead of living your life on this board

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

I don't really know how to look at "odds", but I think these are the teams that are *true* contenders in the Cup chase. Obviously, in this NHL, you can see a surprise--anyone want to play NJ right about now? If they keep up this run they may just get in!

But usually, the cream does rise to the top, and here's who I see as cream, in order:

Detroit
    Philadelphia
    Boston
    Vancouver
    San Jose
    Montreal

OK, I was kidding about that last one. But after the top 5, there seems to be a significant dropoff between true contenders and dark horses (Calgary, Chicago). And I'd include Pittsburgh in the conversation of contenders if they were healthy, but they're not, and with so much uncertainty about Crosby, who could? With him, they're a contender. Without him, I don't see it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Current Las Vegas odds are at 10-1. The only other teams favoured better than the Bruins are as follows:

Canucks 4-1
    Flyers 5-1
    Red Wings 7-1
    Sharks 10-1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]4:1
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

this ^