What pp quarterback should we get?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: What pp quarterback should we get?

you should never use realistic on here...people seem to think everyone wants our garbage players for their stars.

One PP guy at the dead line that would help is Andy Greene on the back end.  And possibly Dumont up front. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: What pp quarterback should we get?:
    [QUOTE]you should never use realistic on here...people seem to think everyone wants our garbage players for their stars. One PP guy at the dead line that would help is Andy Greene on the back end.  And possibly Dumont up front. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    I'm not opposed to getting Kaberle(if it's for a 2nd or 3rd round pick)provided PC can move some cash later in the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez,

I think TO will take that and an expiring contract back in return and then put that person in the AHL...for what its worth Ryder could easily play on the Leafs top 3 lines. 

Kaberle would be a nice pick up...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, I think TO will take that and an expiring contract back in return and then put that person in the AHL...for what its worth Ryder could easily play on the Leafs top 3 lines.  Kaberle would be a nice pick up...
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Everyone wants to say he has no defensive skills but it's easy to have bad numbers in toronto isn't it? I've no doubt his +/- would rise drastically in Boston.If I've noticed anything about him it's his ability to hold the puck when being pressured.He has no trouble stickhandling with 2 people coming at him as he waits for the open man.If he has any real "tell" to his game it's that he's a passer and not a shooter but it's a good passing d-man that all of us seem to be looking for.   The Habs Pens game is  2-2 but there's lots of action.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Bryan McCabe as a one year rental?  possibly in exchange for oooh Ryder and Stuart and bundle McCabe with Frolik or Bitz both who are young players that could help the bruins for a long time...maybe a long shot but that would be my suggestion and would almost cancel each other out in terms of cap space...bruins might have to move someone else to get this to happen but I would definately like this trade especially if McCabe was packaged with Frolik.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It would have to be Ryder because that is the cash Chiarelli needs to bring someone else in his daily cap hit goes down every day. Too bad Carolina is playing well I'd like Joni Pitkanen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]It would have to be Ryder because that is the cash Chiarelli needs to bring someone else in his daily cap hit goes down every day. Too bad Carolina is playing well I'd like Joni Pitkanen.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Pitkanen definitely has some skills.I just haven't seen as much of him as I have of Kaberle.Between HNIC and the Canadian sports network,it's been hard not to have caught hundreds of Leafs games over the last decade or so.I just think Kaberle would be a low maintenance rental who would have no problems playing in the Bruins system.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

To me Kampfer has done a great job and will only get better. We don't need a guy who can score a few pp points but is a disaster everywhere else

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Ralston is having an off year but had 7 PPG's last year:
    2009-10 NJ 80 20 17 37 2 22 7 
    2010-11 NJ 25 2 5 7 -11 12 1 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Tom Brady or Drew Brees they both won championships.LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]To me Kampfer has done a great job and will only get better. We don't need a guy who can score a few pp points but is a disaster everywhere else
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    You mean like Kovalchuk?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Is this e-harmony?  Match yourself with a pp quarterback based on 30 scientifically determined categories of compatibility?

This question is really who's the best pp quarterback isn't it?  "If you had a realistic chance to get him" basically means we're living in la-la land.  I'd take Crosby.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Is this e-harmony?
    Ya' see. This is the problem with this BS forum. Any F*** can bravely say what they want, have K's of posts, and think they own the joint. But they all know more about the game than anyone else. Twit....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

First, Steve, you missed the point of the OP.  Read it again.

Second, having K's of posts means I also read this stuff and have posted on the subject in the past.  I explained why I think this kind of trade speculation is little more than saying "I like this guy, I like that guy" and offered a tongue in cheek poll to see if others shared my frustrations.  Some did. One of the options was "is this e-harmony" meaning most of the trade posts are like on-line dating - just telling the internet what your likes and dislikes are and hoping there's a match out there.  People chose it.  So you see, it's actually got some thought behind it, attempting to make a point with a bit of humour.  On another of the endless trade threads, the OP laughed at it.  Oh, and let me point out that it has nothing to do with pretending I know the game better than anyone else.  In no way does the e-harmony bit criticize anyone's knowledge of the game - or any one person in particular - because it's about the type of discussion.

Maybe what I should do though is say "any one-handed keyboard jock who's seen a Clint Eastwood movie can come on these forums and call someone a F*** and a twit like he's some tough guy...".  Would that be a better response?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

We talk hockey here, not footbaw (sic) (American pronunciation).

Tom Brady and Drew Brees? They've never kicked a football in the lives. They keep touching it with their hands. If they were to play hockey they'd probably do the same thing; they wouldn't need a hockey stick.

PC should look into Lionel Messi, instead. Now there is one trickey guy who can help any power play. He uses his foot on the ball, at least; not like the other two.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

[QUOTE]First, Steve, you missed the point of the OP.  Read it again. Second, having K's of posts means I also read this stuff and have posted on the subject in the past.  I explained why I think this kind of trade speculation is little more than saying "I like this guy, I like that guy" and offered a tongue in cheek poll to see if others shared my frustrations.  Some did. One of the options was "is this e-harmony" meaning most of the trade posts are like on-line dating - just telling the internet what your likes and dislikes are and hoping there's a match out there.  People chose it.  So you see, it's actually got some thought behind it, attempting to make a point with a bit of humour.  On another of the endless trade threads, the OP laughed at it.  Oh, and let me point out that it has nothing to do with pretending I know the game better than anyone else.  In no way does the e-harmony bit criticize anyone's knowledge of the game - or any one person in particular - because it's about the type of discussion. Maybe what I should do though is say "any one-handed keyboard jock who's seen a Clint Eastwood movie can come on these forums and call someone a F*** and a twit like he's some tough guy...".  Would that be a better response?
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Thats more like it lol, seriously Steves a Troll BB so ignore him, never has any mature responses on these forums.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Ryder and our 1st for Kaberle

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chiarelli will never make another trade agian for the Bruins organization just like he didn't make out in the Wideman and Philaparazzi trades. Boston is a championship team just as they are Ryder will carry the Bruins to the promised land.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

If in la la land, I would coerce Scott Neidermayer out of retirement.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Ryder will carry the Bruins to the promised land.

*Throws a bucket of cold water on Sandogs head* This thread seems like good material for a Bruins Bear commercial.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Joni Pitkanen

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I always thought that a good power play required the COACH to use the talent at hand. The first choice for the Bruins is a PP coach/innovator/creator, that reintroduces skating to the mix. Standing around the perimeter doesn't score.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I would like the Bruins to aquire Jonathan Blum from Nashville. 

A lanky defenseman, Jonathan Blum has all the tools to become a premier offensive defenseman in the NHL: speed, quickness, vision, and of course, an NHL level shot. He has proved himself offensively in junior with the Vancouver Giants, and has already established himself at the AHL level with the Milwaukee Admirals in the 2009-10 season. He is not known for making the big hit, but Blum is rarely caught out of position in the defensive zone and is extremely effective at using his long reach to his advantage in knocking the puck away from the opposition. By all accounts he is NHL ready, but with seven NHL defenseman under contract, and an already young top-four, Blum will have his work cut out to crack the Predators NHL roster.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/hockey_top_50_prospects/?start=30

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

rental player...Rollston ?????  NO WAY .....why not give a trial to Bobby Orr.. ?

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthonyalbani89. Show anthonyalbani89's posts

[QUOTE]To me Kampfer has done a great job and will only get better. We don't need a guy who can score a few pp points but is a disaster everywhere else
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

You said that about Hunwick too his first year, then he was sent packing. Kampfer will be the next goat.