What will they do

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

What will they do

What will PC do and when concerning the status of next years free agents on the bruins team ?

The only ufa's are iginla and thornton, i cant see them returning. The RFA's are Krug, Bartowski, Miller,Smith, Florek, Caron and Fraser. Down in providence the most notable is svedbery an RFA.

I think those with the rfa status not resigned before the trade deadline are more vulnerable to a trade. Any thoughts ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: What will they do

I'd say it's the opposite, Wally.  Lock a guy in so that the acquiring team knows they have control of the asset for a few years and at what price.  Bruins aren't going to trade pending RFAs they control out of a fear of offer sheets.  They might need those players as part of a playoff run, which is worth far, far more. And in some ways, an offer sheet on Miller or Florek or Bartkowski would be a mixed blessing for the Bruins.  They'd likely get little in return, but there's a limit to how many players a team can lose to offer sheets in a specified time period. 

Krug, Bartkowski and Smith are the prioritites, though not in that order.  Krug and Smith could be looking at what Marchand got for his second deal - $2.5 or so for 2-3yrs.  Bartkowski may not be here, and he may look at the tea leaves and want to test the RFA waters a bit if he isn't moved by the deadline - control his fate and maybe get more cash to boot.  Florek, Miller and Fraser are easy re-ups on two way deals in the $1M/$70K, and look for PC to do what he did with Hamill where Caron is concerned: move him for a fringe player who could either help in Providence or be a professional, safe call-up.  I seriously doubt they bring him back.

Iginla will likely be back on another one year, bonus-laden deal.  Thornton...who knows.  The team likes him.  He may decide he's had enough of getting punched in the head.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd say it's the opposite, Wally.  Lock a guy in so that the acquiring team knows they have control of the asset for a few years and at what price.  Bruins aren't going to trade pending RFAs they control out of a fear of offer sheets.  They might need those players as part of a playoff run, which is worth far, far more. And in some ways, an offer sheet on Miller or Florek or Bartkowski would be a mixed blessing for the Bruins.  They'd likely get little in return, but there's a limit to how many players a team can lose to offer sheets in a specified time period. 

Krug, Bartkowski and Smith are the prioritites, though not in that order.  Krug and Smith could be looking at what Marchand got for his second deal - $2.5 or so for 2-3yrs.  Bartkowski may not be here, and he may look at the tea leaves and want to test the RFA waters a bit if he isn't moved by the deadline - control his fate and maybe get more cash to boot.  Florek, Miller and Fraser are easy re-ups on two way deals in the $1M/$70K, and look for PC to do what he did with Hamill where Caron is concerned: move him for a fringe player who could either help in Providence or be a professional, safe call-up.  I seriously doubt they bring him back.

Iginla will likely be back on another one year, bonus-laden deal.  Thornton...who knows.  The team likes him.  He may decide he's had enough of getting punched in the head.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, not sure on Iginla though, depends on what happens from here on out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2014&team_id=-1&position_id=R&fa_type_id=2

Many alternatives instead of Iginla out there this summer. Speed and youth are needed, Jarome looked dreadfully slow last night. Krug, Florek, Miller and Smith will all get two-year deals as mentioned. Bartkowski looked good last night again, he will be one of the pieces for a #2 defenseman.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2014&team_id=-1&position_id=R&fa_type_id=2

Many alternatives instead of Iginla out there this summer. Speed and youth are needed, Jarome looked dreadfully slow last night. Krug, Florek, Miller and Smith will all get two-year deals as mentioned. Bartkowski looked good last night again, he will be one of the pieces for a #2 defenseman.

[/QUOTE]

Julien, singled out both lines last night as having shall we say, less than stellar performance...

Jarome will for sure be the greatest benefactor of the Olympic break as Bruins then go into the home stretch... I agree Bartkowski is getting more comfortable back there as he plays more...I actually like him better than Krug... Doesn't make as many mistakes back there I feel...Krug definitely has more offensive upside, but Bart has some hidden in there as well..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I must be missing something but I didn't see much on that list of interest

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

A few names that got my attention...

Radim Vrbata
    Ales Hemsky
    Brian Gionta
    Steve Downie
    Brad Boyes(?)

If I had to pick any over Iginla it would be Vrbata, but I don't see that happening.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:[QUOTE]

Radim Vrbata
    Ales Hemsky
    Brian Gionta
    Steve Downie
    Brad Boyes(?)

If I had to pick any over Iginla it would be Vrbata, but I don't see that happening.[/QUOTE]

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2014&team_id=-1&position_id=C&fa_type_id=2

There's also a center like Statsny on their that i'm sure wouldn't mind playing wing for a title.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to lambda13's comment:[QUOTE]

Radim Vrbata
    Ales Hemsky
    Brian Gionta
    Steve Downie
    Brad Boyes(?)

If I had to pick any over Iginla it would be Vrbata, but I don't see that happening.[/QUOTE]

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2014&team_id=-1&position_id=C&fa_type_id=2

There's also a center like Statsny on their that i'm sure wouldn't mind playing wing for a title.

[/QUOTE]

I've never understood why there has been so much made about Colorado having too many centers. If there's no room for them at center just move em to the wing

I think the above list looks different if we assume Smith and Eriksson are the top two RW and the Bruins are looking for a 3rd line RW. Assuming of course Iginla not coming back

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If you think any of those guys, with teh possible exception of Vrbata, is going to out-pace Iginla, you're dreaming.  And remember, Iginla gives you flexibility under the Cap rules that none of those losers does.  Hemsky, Downie - poison.  Gionta - tiny.  Boyes - journeyman at best.

Elvis is second on the team in goals, fourth in points, second in shots on goal.  He hits, he fights.  He'll end up with close to 30 goals.  But yeah, he looked slow last night, so lets go get Hemsky.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

[QUOTE]

If you think any of those guys, with teh possible exception of Vrbata, is going to out-pace Iginla, you're dreaming.  And remember, Iginla gives you flexibility under the Cap rules that none of those losers does.  Hemsky, Downie - poison.  Gionta - tiny.  Boyes - journeyman at best.

Elvis is second on the team in goals, fourth in points, second in shots on goal.  He hits, he fights.  He'll end up with close to 30 goals.  But yeah, he looked slow last night, so lets go get Hemsky.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, but am not too worried about next years problems. Iginla might come back, he might come back even cheaper

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I think Iginla has been great for this team!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

All hail Elvis!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Being short has hurt Gionta's career. Lets ingnore what Supa Stud did against Boston in playoffs last season. Absolute ZERO productivity, even though he gets prime TOI, against shabby teams like LA, Anaheim, the Smurfs, and Pittsburgh when it counts. What has been particularly great is his shot selection on the PP - outside the DOT, totally missing the net. 

Nah he's a good fighter bring him back. 

Big time Jerome!

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/gamelog/_/id/401/jarome-iginla

Always shows up for the big games!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

Being short has hurt Gionta's career. Lets ingnore what Supa Stud did against Boston in playoffs last season. Absolute ZERO productivity, even though he gets prime TOI, against shabby teams like LA, Anaheim, the Smurfs, and Pittsburgh when it counts. What has been particularly great is his shot selection on the PP - outside the DOT, totally missing the net. 

Big time Jerome!

[/QUOTE]

Guess they should dump Lucic for Cammalleri then, maybe Krejci too.  Pretty much the same stat lines in those big games you're pointing too.  First line is a bunch of bums.

Shot selection can't be that bad if he's hitting the net more than anyone but Bergeron and scoring more than anyone but Smith, can it?  Maybe he should keep shuttling it around the outside and never shoot?  Seems like the right play for a guy with 543 career goals.  Wouldn't want that guy to make a decision on when to shoot, would you?  Nah, much better to get Stastny or maybe Gionta.  Maybe he'll cost half as much given he has half as many goals this year, less than half as many over his career (and he's only a couple of years younger), and is half Iginla's size.  But he's a bit faster!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Big time Jerome!

[/QUOTE]

Guess they should dump Lucic for Cammalleri then, maybe Krejci too.  Pretty much the same stat lines in those big games you're pointing too.  First line is a bunch of bums.

Shot selection can't be that bad if he's hitting the net more than anyone but Bergeron and scoring more than anyone but Smith, can it?  Maybe he should keep shuttling it around the outside and never shoot?  Seems like the right play for a guy with 543 career goals.  Wouldn't want that guy to make a decision on when to shoot, would you?  Nah, much better to get Stastny or maybe Gionta.  Maybe he'll cost half as much given he has half as many goals this year, less than half as many over his career (and he's only a couple of years younger), and is half Iginla's size.  But he's a bit faster!

[/QUOTE]

I agree...Great Post!! Nobody comes close to bringing what Iginla brings out of that bunch! Which is pretty much the whole package.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Lets ingnore what Supa Stud did against Boston in playoffs last season. 

Let's also ignore what the whole Penguin team did against the Bruins in last year playoffs. 

Picking out Iginla seems stupid considering that the rest of them underachieved also.

Bash just one for that manhandling ? Heck no, bash all  !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Big time Jerome!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Replace a power forward with Gionta ? It doesn't really fit in with the way PC has built this team up front..............especially on the first line.

A big no thanks to the idea of smurfing up the Bruins with disregards to the physicality that some of us enjoy to watch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Replace a power forward with Gionta ? It doesn't really fit in with the way PC has built this team up front..............especially on the first line.

A big no thanks to the idea of smurfing up the Bruins with disregards to the physicality that some of us enjoy to watch.

[/QUOTE]

And in the playoffs that physicality or at least the ability to take a beating and keep on ticking seems to be the key to success.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Claudorr. Show Claudorr's posts

P.C. can't wait for the trade deadline to make a move to get an experienced d.,the price will be too steep ( remember Kaberle?) He has to move right now: we never have too many of those kind of players.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Price won't be any better now.