What would you have done differently in the SCF, if you were Claude Julien?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

What would you have done differently in the SCF, if you were Claude Julien?

There were many playing hurt and because of the Campbell injury: 

- Put Soderberg in instead of Daugavins at the beginning of the series. The four lines would have been restored and

- Used Paille-Kelly-Seguin against Toews-Kane-Bickell when the Hawks put that line together again.

Ahhh, hindsight!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: What would you have done differently in the SCF, if you were Claude Julien?

Wouldn't have played Thornton,would have put Seguin back with Berg and Marchand,wouldn't have played Chara as much,Chicago was feasting on him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Honestly? Outside of maybe sitting Thornton, not a damn thing. They got outplayed, I don't think it's on CJ's shoulders. Hindsight is 20/20, so I could go back and say he should've done this or that, but as the games progressed I didn't have any real issues with his choices.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Soderberg before Daugavins was what came to mind for me.  That's likely splitting hairs though; impossible to predict if it would have made a difference.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Checking line on Toews line was the only thing I thought of.  Best answer is, if I was CJ, I'd have hit a 7 iron on the 14th because it would have been golf season a long time ago.

Are you not entertained?!?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Just sit Thornton would have been great ...we could have had Camper, Hamilton, Bart in the line up instead ....even Pandolfo would have been an upgrade over Thornton ...but hey guess what ...its too late now ...Bruins gave their best shot....played some great series against the Leafs, NYR and the Pens and still battled hard despite the injouries to Campbell, Bergeron, Jagr (game 6) and Horton not fullu healthy ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Checking line on Toews line was the only thing I thought of.  Best answer is, if I was CJ, I'd have hit a 7 iron on the 14th because it would have been golf season a long time ago.

Are you not entertained?!?!

Ditto

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

i would have flip flopped Seguin and Jagr, also might have played Bartkowski over Ference

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

After Chicago scores to tie game 2-2, call a timeout to settle everyone down.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Played Hamilton

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jf19told_ya_so. Show jf19told_ya_so's posts

Benched Tuukka for game six.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to ErnestoGiove's comment:

After Chicago scores to tie game 2-2, call a timeout to settle everyone down.

I agree. Or even before they scored goal 2. Nothing really anyone saw coming so not much could have been done differently. It happened and the Bs lost. That is sports for you.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Played Hamilton over McQuaid, maybe even Bart as well. Outside of Krug, our D is very predictable, and kinda slow. Regardless, we went further than I was expecting and I feel good about this team going foward. Two finals in three years, lots of teams would like to say they've done that in recent years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeZanussi. Show JoeZanussi's posts

I would have anticipated the pulling of Crawford for an extra attacker and had my penalty killers out there in the final minute & a half, Kelley, Paille, Peverley, NOT Lucic & Horton, who lokked like statues out there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I would have played Seguin on the second line maybe would have slipped Bartkowski in there. Look it Claude did well , I have no excuses we fell a hair short. Maybe would have taken my timeout after they scored  to tie @2  but not sure he had one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to JoeZanussi's comment:

I would have anticipated the pulling of Crawford for an extra attacker and had my penalty killers out there in the final minute & a half, Kelley, Paille, Peverley, NOT Lucic & Horton, who lokked like statues out there.

Readsocks?!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Goodness, the Bs were not fortunate on the injury front.  CJ needs to find a way keep guys healthy????? Yikes.  This team beat Pittsburgh in four straight, Chicago's biggest challenge was Detriot.  CJ did fine.  Ok Soderberg over Daugy hockey was suggested by myself in those tmes.  One of my only true dead on predictions for the SCF.  Outside of that, nothing for CJ to differently in those games.  If you are only as good as what you have. Patrice Bergeron is the poster child of what is a Bruin.  No one can take Lucic's play and Bergeron's inner strenght.  As for Chicago, my rationale is to say you are the better team.  My heart and emotional side tells them ............ expletive deleted!

Don't judge me monkey!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Used Paille-Kelly-Seguin against Toews-Kane-Bickell when the Hawks put that line together again.

At least towards the end of the game when leading! These hawks owned Krecji,s line & Julien didn't budge from the match-up right down to the final 2 goals. Best penalty killers in the league & there not out there to finish a1 goal game? Peverly for Seguin get it done!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I thought Julien did a great job with what he had. I just didn't like the injury replacement options or players that needed to be benched for lack of production for forwards- Daugavins, Soderberg (no knock on him becuase of his expierence) and Pandawful.

This falls on PC not having better options for Claude. Moving Paille with Kelly was a great move by Julien and it paid off unfortunetly Soderberg waited to long to have his agent call Chiarelli or I think Julien would have trusted him bit more earlier in the playoffs.

Coaching wise I thought Julien hammered Torts and Bylsma into the ice! I don't think Quenville out coached Julien but I think Bowman gave Chicago more to work with.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I thought Julien did a great job with what he had. I just didn't like the injury replacement options or players that needed to be benched for lack of production for forwards- Daugavins, Soderberg (no knock on him becuase of his expierence) and Pandawful.

This falls on PC not having better options for Claude. Moving Paille with Kelly was a great move by Julien and it paid off unfortunetly Soderberg waited to long to have his agent call Chiarelli or I think Julien would have trusted him bit more earlier in the playoffs.

Coaching wise I thought Julien hammered Torts and Bylsma into the ice! I don't think Quenville out coached Julien but I think Bowman gave Chicago more to work with.

I agree all the best talent not playing was on defence. I am not sure with the injuries they had whether an extra game off and a couple extra days would have helped.  I also know it is risky but do you for instance leave a hurting player or two at home in Boston when you go to game 5 in Chicago? Teams often step up when they are missing a key player and you are also putting fresh healthy bodies in the lineup that might give you some additionaI energy.  Bergy missed time in 2011 and the Bruins did okay. Win or lose your injured guy(s) come back into the lineup in game 6 hopefully feeling a little better from an energy and injury point of view.  Again I realize 2 days is not going to a make a big difference for an injury like Bergy's but there might have been a player where the extra rest might have led to a little rejuvenation when they got back into the lineup. It is a long shot perhaps but other than that   I don't think there was much else that CJ could do.

21. This post has been removed.