What's up with Timmy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

What's up with Timmy

Okay I know we have some great experts when it comes to goal keepers: Red, Dez, Nite, Kelv and even Nas so please enlighten me. What's up with our favorite goal keeper? Here is what I see: Frustration with Defense which is totally credible complaint if I may say. Chara leading the league in turn overs. OMG (Chara has not looked the same this year so when everyone says he is always covering for Johnny I get frustrated but he is still the elite shut down guy in the league meaning Chara).

I see what from the untrained eye some soft goals granted I am know expert here so this is simply an observation. Out of position more than usual and the controlled chaos we have grown to love a bit more chaotic.

But since I am not an expert and you can crush me for my humble opinion which you will. The compete and lack of confidence seems to be my concern. He does not seem to be stealing games like he did before. 

With that said with everything going on I do not want to fault Timmy. I don't want to blame it on him. I just want to know if I am just simply imagining this and considering all the circumstances is he playing really well and this is just to be expected with the atmosphere...experts debate...GO

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: What's up with Timmy

My feeling is that he's the same guy he was last year but lately, the team has had trouble scoring goals so there is less room for error on his behalf.  TT is not the problem right now.

Also, half the media in this city would love to run him out of town for the White House incident and Facebook posts, so he's getting a lot of negative press from the yahoo brigade.

Once the B's rip off 6 in a row, starting tonight, all of this goes away.

Please let me know if you would like me to delete my post, as you mentioned specific members to reply and I was not one of them.  Not sure if we are going the" invitation only" route from here on out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i do see some soft goals, more than usual, i also see a lack of compete in his game at times (fighting through screens etc.)  and then making excuses which i dont like, i also dont like the way he acts like John Lackey showing up his teammates which he has done recently. i dont see a lack of confidence that you do and i dont see him out of position (any more than usual). He NEEDED and the Bruins NEEDED him to stop that shot on Stepan sunday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

My 2 cents: He looks unready alot. On Sunday he looked deep in the crease on the first and fourth goals. No battle in his game since the said White House blow off. I get tired of him not owning up to giving up on soft goals. Oh the bad lighting excuse was lame. I'm not sure the team is all in on TT anymore. Maybe he is thinking about being dealt after this season is over. Anyway he needs to pick it up quick. The team has been average over the last 2 months but he has been sub par as well. He and Rask have not been up to STEALING a game and maybe that is exactly what is needed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Nothing that I can see. Last game he had some tough deflects...but he looks fine....The defence on the other hand !   Need I say more....When the defence starts getting organized, this will help out TT a lot. We are going to be fine...Nothing wrong with TT.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: What's up with Timmy:
    [QUOTE]My 2 cents: He looks unready alot. On Sunday he looked deep in the crease on the first and fourth goals. No battle in his game since the said White House blow off. I get tired of him not owning up to giving up on soft goals. Oh the bad lighting excuse was lame. I'm not sure the team is all in on TT anymore. Maybe he is thinking about being dealt after this season is over. Anyway he needs to pick it up quick. The team has been average over the last 2 months but he has been sub par as well. He and Rask have not been up to STEALING a game and maybe that is exactly what is needed.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]He's always been like this his whole career, its  bad lighting, guy crossed over and blocked my view, hit something etc. I like TT, just wish he would man up once in a while. As we've seen, goalies do let in bad goals, it happens.That being said, a great performance tonight would help alot in getting the B's off this skid.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Nothing is up. everything is roses. Timmy is fine.........see ya in April

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kentuckybruin. Show kentuckybruin's posts

Nothing wrong, quit blaming it on the white house bull.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

His play of late, with seemingly less mobility, looks an awful lot like his play at the halfway point of the 2009/2010 season. At that time, as we later learned, he was having hip problems. Could be he's suffering a mild flare up, tossing his game off a little bit?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]His play of late, with seemingly less mobility, looks an awful lot like his play at the halfway point of the 2009/2010 season. At that time, as we later learned, he was having hip problems. Could be he's suffering a mild flare up, tossing his game off a little bit?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

This would almost represent the "worst case scenario", red.  If TT's having issues with his hip, and is now expected to bear a heavier workload, then there's a greater chance of that "mild flare up" becoming something chronic.  And that's very bad news.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's up with Timmy : This would almost represent the "worst case scenario", red.  If TT's having issues with his hip, and is now expected to bear a heavier workload, then there's a greater chance of that "mild flare up" becoming something chronic.  And that's very bad news.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Yep. There's a reason I keep posting that Rask's injury has me freaked.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I say he puts together a very high calibre stretch of games here, he's going to throw his name right in the Vezina mix starting now, defense hasnt been great but neither has Timmy, can't deny it...I fully expect him to go on a roll here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to What's up with Timmy:
    [QUOTE]Okay I know we have some great experts when it comes to goal keepers: Red, Dez, Nite, Kelv and even Nas so please enlighten me. What's up with our favorite goal keeper? Here is what I see: Frustration with Defense which is totally credible complaint if I may say. Chara leading the league in turn overs. OMG (Chara has not looked the same this year so when everyone says he is always covering for Johnny I get frustrated but he is still the elite shut down guy in the league meaning Chara). I see what from the untrained eye some soft goals granted I am know expert here so this is simply an observation. Out of position more than usual and the controlled chaos we have grown to love a bit more chaotic. But since I am not an expert and you can crush me for my humble opinion which you will. The compete and lack of confidence seems to be my concern. He does not seem to be stealing games like he did before.  With that said with everything going on I do not want to fault Timmy. I don't want to blame it on him. I just want to know if I am just simply imagining this and considering all the circumstances is he playing really well and this is just to be expected with the atmosphere...experts debate...GO
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]
    He's actually tied with Doughty for 18th place. He still has far fewer giveaways than Phaneuf, Subban, Karlsson and Yandle (just to name a few). TT has played less than stellar lately. The good news is I know he's capable of so much more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Nothing wrong, quit blaming it on the white house bull.
    Posted by kentuckybruin[/QUOTE]
    Interesting since you're the only one to bring it up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's up with Timmy : He's always been like this his whole career, its  bad lighting, guy crossed over and blocked my view, hit something etc. I like TT, just wish he would man up once in a while. As we've seen, goalies do let in bad goals, it happens.That being said, a great performance tonight would help alot in getting the B's off this skid.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Absolutely spot-on.  Finally someone who gets it.

Thomas has been this guy since the day he stepped foot in Boston.  Wild style, very streaky, very suceptable to out of position and soft goals.... all the while capable of long stretches of super-hot play.

Try to think back to the days when he was supposed to be replaced by Hannu Toivonen, by Raycroft, by Manny Fernandez. The year he lost his job to Rask... in retrospect everything he did wrong was retroactively blamed on an injury.

And as 50 says, he's always, always made excuses.  Never says "I blew that one, that game got away because of a soft goal,"  Its always something.  Just who he is.

The thing is, he's been excellent for awhile and includes a Cup win, so we forget what comes with this particular box of chocolates, so we blame stuff like politics that we dont like.  Its just Timmy being Timmy.

There's no other choices now, so all we can do is hope he re-sets himself by playoff time and hang on for the ride.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's up with Timmy : If TT's having issues with his hip, Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

There's those excuses we know and love.

Must be the hip.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Well he hasn't started that high caliber stretch tonight.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

He looks bad tonight. Real slow.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

What's up with TT? His goals against average.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

His rebound control tonight is horrible

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

[QUOTE]What's up with TT? His goals against average.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Good one!!!!!!