Wheeler going to arbitration

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Wheeler going to arbitration

You know, Im NOT a guy who brings up players who left here, but I was looking at the arbitration list on NHL.com and saw Wheelers name there.  I couldnt help but wonder, this is like the second time in a few (maybe 2) years that he's gone to arbitration.  Does this say something about a guys character, or lack there of, when they are young and keep going to arbitration?  It makes me think that they think a little more highly of themselves than the GM's do.  I personally loved Wheeler pre-draft, but thought what he did with Phoenix was REALLY lame (I HATE the guys who get drafted and refuse to go to those teams like Lindros, because they arent even IN the NHL and theyre already dictating what they will and wont do) but was happy when we were able to sign him.  He seems like a guy who could dominate, especially after his rookie season, but seems like he has no heart.  I dont get him at all, and this second time in arbitration for such a young guy with unimpressive numbers really makes me wonder.  Its too bad, it seems like a guy with his size and skills he could dominate if he wanted to.  Anyway.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Wheeler going to arbitration

Don't like him... but he did play well in Atlanta after he left Boston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Wheeler going to arbitration:
    [QUOTE]You know, Im NOT a guy who brings up players who left here, but I was looking at the arbitration list on NHL.com and saw Wheelers name there.  I couldnt help but wonder, this is like the second time in a few (maybe 2) years that he's gone to arbitration.  Does this say something about a guys character, or lack there of, when they are young and keep going to arbitration?  It makes me think that they think a little more highly of themselves than the GM's do.  I personally loved Wheeler pre-draft, but thought what he did with Phoenix was REALLY lame (I HATE the guys who get drafted and refuse to go to those teams like Lindros, because they arent even IN the NHL and theyre already dictating what they will and wont do) but was happy when we were able to sign him.  He seems like a guy who could dominate, especially after his rookie season, but seems like he has no heart.  I dont get him at all, and this second time in arbitration for such a young guy with unimpressive numbers really makes me wonder.  Its too bad, it seems like a guy with his size and skills he could dominate if he wanted to.  Anyway.....
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

When you go to arbitration, its automatically a 1 year deal.. so yes its the second time in 2 seasons. I wouldnt read much into this, it means atl qualified him, and winnipeg has yet to sign him.. but is taking their time as they can do..
    He is probably hoping to be released to free agency, so he can choose where he plays (again..) Or is trying to get a long term deal and the team doesnt feel he has proven enough, the fact that he filed for arbitratino would indicate to me he isn't seeking a ton of money at this point.. Maybe just being impatient, and needs to mature..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Please, please, please, let him be released to free agency.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

I wouldn't read in to it too much yet. Filing for arbitration is a routine step for RFAs who don't agree immediately in negotiations. Now I wouldn't be surprised if he tries and pull something to get out of Winnipeg, like he did in Phoenix, but my guess is he'll sign before he reaches arbitration.

Like roler says it must be about term, because money isn't an issue. Winnipeg is still $20 mill under the CAP. If his goal is to be an UFA, I believe he only has to wait one more year. He'll be 25 at the end of August.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Funny thing about Wheeler....would you rather have him or Pouliot as your 3rd line wing?

Wheeler: 18/26/44/+10/46PIMs/74 hits/$2.2mil
    Pouliot: 13/17/30/+2/87PIMs/110 hits/$1.1mil

Both are 24. Both haven't lived up to expectations.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler going to arbitration:
    [QUOTE]Funny thing about Wheeler....would you rather have him or Pouliot as your 3rd line wing? Wheeler: 18/26/44/+10/46PIMs/74 hits/$2.2mil Pouliot: 13/17/30/+2/87PIMs/110 hits/$1.1mil Both are 24. Both haven't lived up to expectations.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Pouliot.  The last playoff game Wheeler played for the Bruins they made history. The bad kind.  His lack of heart was representative of that finish.

Not interested.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler going to arbitration:[QUOTE]Please, please, please, let him be released to free agency. Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Red, It's been awhile since Wheels haunted you. Good grief are you kidding, sorry Stanley but Blake will never get it!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I wouldn't read too much into this either bigvig.  Your points all make sense, however, most of these kids don't make those decisions in a vacuum.  They're really lead around by agents, parents and other sources that are always advising them.  Lindrose is a great example.  Maybe he was a jerk.  Maybe he was the victim of being around too may jerks.  Hard to tell unless you know the guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Wheeler........  I can't remember any good things. Only him falling down after being bumped or tripping on the blue line.

Cool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joebondo. Show joebondo's posts

[QUOTE]Wheeler........  I can't remember any good things. Only him falling down after being bumped or tripping on the blue line.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

I rememeber him leaving 3 Blues defenders with thier pants down scoring one of the most incredible goals Ive ever seen back in 08-09 and thought, wow, this kid is going to be a superstar.  I was wrong.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

[QUOTE]Wheeler........  I can't remember any good things. Only him falling down after being bumped or tripping on the blue line.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

LOL, that's right all of our off-sides problems disappeared after he was traded. I wonder if he's learned that the puck has to cross that blue line BEFORE he does.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Absolutely something to this.  From day one he has thought more of his value than his employer did.  Says something. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't read too much into this either bigvig.  Your points all make sense, however, most of these kids don't make those decisions in a vacuum.  They're really lead around by agents, parents and other sources that are always advising them.  Lindrose is a great example.  Maybe he was a jerk.  Maybe he was the victim of being around too may jerks.  Hard to tell unless you know the guy.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

I know what youre saying but MAN, these KIDS have an opportunity basically HANDED to them that most of us would KILL for, and they pull stunts like that.  They have the world at their fingertips and brush it aside looking for something bigger.  That stuff REALLY rips me.  Luckily we dont see it often, and I think that speaks volumes.

As far as Wheeler vs. Pouliot:  Im taking Wheeler every single day and twice on Sundays.  It was infuriating watching a 6'5" guy play so weak, but at the same time, like someone else mentioned about that Blues game, his talent is off the charts.  I have a bad feeling he might become another Joe Thornton (and yes, Id take him back in a heartbeat too).

But yeah, I dont know.  You dont see big name guys going to arbitration every other year, ESPECIALLY after theyre drafted and refuse to go to that team, THEN go to arbitration what, 2 times in their three year career?  Something stinks.

PS:  Werent he and Kessel lines mates in college?  Maybe something more to this story.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Well if I would be the judge in arbritation for the Wheeler's case ...let me tell you he would get $5.5MM for the next season ....he will shime in Winnipeg....
    Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Another Joe Thornton? Good thing for Winnipeg you're not the arbitrator on this one...

n Response to Re: Wheeler going to arbitration:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wheeler going to arbitration : I know what youre saying but MAN, these KIDS have an opportunity basically HANDED to them that most of us would KILL for, and they pull stunts like that.  They have the world at their fingertips and brush it aside looking for something bigger.  That stuff REALLY rips me.  Luckily we dont see it often, and I think that speaks volumes. As far as Wheeler vs. Pouliot:  Im taking Wheeler every single day and twice on Sundays.  It was infuriating watching a 6'5" guy play so weak, but at the same time, like someone else mentioned about that Blues game, his talent is off the charts.  I have a bad feeling he might become another Joe Thornton (and yes, Id take him back in a heartbeat too). But yeah, I dont know.  You dont see big name guys going to arbitration every other year, ESPECIALLY after theyre drafted and refuse to go to that team, THEN go to arbitration what, 2 times in their three year career?  Something stinks. PS:  Werent he and Kessel lines mates in college?  Maybe something more to this story.....
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Well if I would be the judge in arbritation for the Wheeler's case ...let me tell you he would get $5.5MM for the next season ....he will shime in Winnipeg.... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Stan, you're great, but you have finally gone completely out of your gourd.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wheeler going to arbitration : I rememeber him leaving 3 Blues defenders with thier pants down scoring one of the most incredible goals Ive ever seen back in 08-09 and thought, wow, this kid is going to be a superstar.  I was wrong.
    Posted by joebondo[/QUOTE]

It was a sick goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snwke86hEG0

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

We should all sign a petition so Blake gets his $5.5MM for next season ...after all in Winnipeg after a few games they will want to elect him as Mayor of the city ..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

Here is an article from the Winnipeg Sun stating that a deal with Wheeler is progressing and the filing for arbitration was no big deal.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2011/07/05/wheeler-on-road-toward-deal-with-jets

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]We should all sign a petition so Blake gets his $5.5MM for next season ...after all in Winnipeg after a few games they will want to elect him as Mayor of the city .. Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Stanley, I sometimes seriously doubt, that you have ever even watched a hockey game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

[QUOTE]Well if I would be the judge in arbritation for the Wheeler's case ...let me tell you he would get $5.5MM for the next season ....he will shime in Winnipeg.... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Stanley I wouldn't say Blake has earned the right to demand that kind of money but do agree he has untapped potential....at this moment I would take him over Pouliot but I believe either player could have a break out season...he will have that good season in Winnipeg and get a long contract next year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

From the article and Keantor's comments, looks like you got him Red.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wheeler going to arbitration : Stanley, I sometimes seriously doubt, that you have ever even watched a hockey game.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

Stanley doesn't need to watch hockey games. He's inspired by God himself.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Wheeler is awkward and slow as sh!t and is softer than my 75 year-old grandmother. Numerous times this year I wanted to throw a brick at my TV as a result of stupid plays/mental errors on his part.