Wheeler is haunting me

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Wheeler is haunting me

So on the Jets board I visit there is a lot of excitement about the Thrashers.
    But in the last two days a whole bunch of comments have popped up about how great it would be to have Wheeler.
    I'm trying to expain to them that, yes, those highlight reel goals look great, but a mild breeze can push him off the puck and we don't want him on our future team.

I can't get away from this guy even when he's traded.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Wheeler is haunting me

Red, much like the Leafs with Colborne, you can't allow them to get in your head. Wheeler was a 5th overall draft pick, that's what excites them. He is nothing more than a soft player.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

Out of sight, out of mind.

Blake who?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

COD,
    I agree in some part with what your saying, but I think colborne should excite toronto.  Boston drafted him as a project, as a skilled center with size, he is developing well and still has the prospect to be just that.. Big guys take longer to develop and he is still young, hurt me to see him involved in the trade but realistically we have too many skilled centers here as it is..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Never fear. You won't know who BIG WHEEL is in 3 years. Maybe he will work in a department store in Atlanta????? Or a pastry shop selling "CREAM PUFFS"!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Wheeler is the best in the NHL...at tripping over the blue line

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

After skating past two defenders with a blaze of speed, Wheeler would usually be offsides or be checked off the puck by the smallest of defenders. Don't worry Red Losipeg will jetison his potential azz to Toronto in the next Alberta clipper.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler is haunting me:
    [QUOTE]COD, I agree in some part with what your saying, but I think colborne should excite toronto.  Boston drafted him as a project, as a skilled center with size, he is developing well and still has the prospect to be just that.. Big guys take longer to develop and he is still young, hurt me to see him involved in the trade but realistically we have too many skilled centers here as it is..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    What I meant was they both are big bodies but play very soft. I don't see him as a number 1 center in this league at all. But I could be wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I feel for you Red...I confess I do not know what it is like to have Big Wheels haunting me....thank god.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wheeler is haunting me : What I meant was they both are big bodies but play very soft. I don't see him as a number 1 center in this league at all. But I could be wrong.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

That was the fear at his draft class, but I haven't heard much of that since.. Even if he pans out as a good number 2, big number 3 (jordan staal) if your toronto would you be dissapointed?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Don't worry Red when Dudley and Ramsey walk away from the abritrator's ruling there will be no need to worry.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Don't worry Red when Dudley and Ramsey walk away from the abritrator's ruling there will be no need to worry.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Yeah then TO can sign him, just like they did Clarke Mcarthur. it seems a natural fit for some reason....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wheeler is haunting me : Yeah then TO can sign him, just like they did Clarke Mcarthur. it seems a natural fit for some reason....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    Wheeler-Colborne-Kessel.
    Wouldn't that be a hoot?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

You know who else isn't haunting me?

At a whopping -26, Dennis Wideman is not haunting me!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wheeler is haunting me : That was the fear at his draft class, but I haven't heard much of that since.. Even if he pans out as a good number 2, big number 3 (jordan staal) if your toronto would you be dissapointed?
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    Honestly, yes I would be because that team is full of 2's and 3's. I say if Colborne turns into a Wheeler type then he turned out like I thought. Not saying it's bad but I don't see him being anything special, much like the Leaf fans are saying.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wheeler is haunting me : Wheeler-Colborne-Kessel. Wouldn't that be a hoot?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

The softest big line in hockey.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]You know who else isn't haunting me? At a whopping -26, Dennis Wideman is not haunting me!
    Posted by FinnsWake[/QUOTE]

Hunwick is -9 on his new team also. I am so glad we got rid of those clowns....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

COD,
    that team is full of #2-3 guys on that team, Staal would be an upgrade at center for them, though he is a #2-3 for the pens was kind of my point.. I doubt colborne turns into wheeler, but who knows. I havent heard much about "soft play" in recent years, other then one article saying that concerns for his commitment to hockey where the reason he fell to 16, and how smart the bruins looked for drafting him. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Addition by subtraction, don't know about you but I'm stunned at how different this team is with the mere addition of 3 guys. 

It's been a while since we'fe seen one of those no emotion no effort no one moving their feet losses.

Perhaps its a confidence factor that's contagious.