Re: When Kabs was a Leaf
posted at 3/20/2011 9:26 PM EDT
In Response to When Kabs was a Leaf
[QUOTE]I watched him very closely and yes he is a good pass the puck kinda defenceman. BUT, there isn't much more to his game. Hopefully we can do a sign and trade and recover some of the hurt from this deal. Skating: Average Physical Play: Weak Shot: Weak Leadership: Weak Passing: Excellent SandPaper:None Endurance: Low Sorry to re-hash this subjuect but Kaberle is not the player we need. Weber or ..another tough PMD with hockey skills..
Posted by bruinsGENIUS[/QUOTE]
I still think Kabby will make his mark before the season is done. However being a life-long Leaf fan I don't think your analysis is quite right.
1. Shot is actually very good, but seldom used. That's really the issue there
2. Passing is Excellent as you say
3. Leadership: Kabby is a quiet leader, leads by example. I don't think it's necessarily his strong suit but I don't think it's weak either
4. SandPaper: Not his game, agreed
5. Physical Play: Not his game, agreed
6. Skating: Is very good, but deceiving because he always skates under control and surveying up ice. One of the best skating defenceman in the league IMHO
7. Endurance? Not sure what you base this on. To me he seems to skate effortlessly the entire game, even when he plays 20+ minutes.
This isn't the NBA. He'll sign with the team he wants to stay with. I was convinced he'd re-sign with the Bruins, but I now think it depends on his performance in the post-season.
I think PC overpaid, though, as I don't think there were many places Kabby would waive his NTC.