When will the "Big" Line Get rolling again?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

When will the "Big" Line Get rolling again?

Seem to be mired in the mud and out of sync out there again last night. Glad the other lines are picking up the slack, but have to wonder what's going on with our big line...

Thought Looch dropping the gloves might get them going, but didn't happen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: When will the "Big" Line Get rolling again?

I know what you mean...doesn't seem like they're keeping up with the rest of the team....
    But they're all on pace to be in the 50-60-ish point range....again.
    And if they do in fact heat up and find their game like they did in the playoffs, they'll surpass that.
    So far
    Krejci - 27 gp - 5g- 12a - 17p
    Horton - 30gp - 8g- 11a - 19p
    Lucic - 30gp - 10g- 13a - 23p

If they kept at the same rate (I think we all expect improvement....)
    Krejci - 15g - 35a - 50p
    Horton - 22g - 30a - 52p
    Lucic - 27g - 35a - 63p

I guess it does point to the strength of this team when the top line isn't really producing, but they're still winning games (and lots of them).

I'm going to throw this out there....if numbers stayed at the same rate the rest of the way, the Bruins will finish the season with 9 players over 50 points.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In Response to Re: When will the "Big" Line Get rolling again?:
    [QUOTE]I know what you mean...doesn't seem like they're keeping up with the rest of the team.... But they're all on pace to be in the 50-60-ish point range....again. And if they do in fact heat up and find their game like they did in the playoffs, they'll surpass that. So far Krejci - 27 gp - 5g- 12a - 17p Horton - 30gp - 8g- 11a - 19p Lucic - 30gp - 10g- 13a - 23p If they kept at the same rate (I think we all expect improvement....) Krejci - 15g - 35a - 50p Horton - 22g - 30a - 52p Lucic - 27g - 35a - 63p I guess it does point to the strength of this team when the top line isn't really producing, but they're still winning games (and lots of them). I'm going to throw this out there....if numbers stayed at the same rate the rest of the way, the Bruins will finish the season with 9 players over 50 points.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

Definitely nice that they have the luxury of still winning games, despite their arguably best line not clicking currently. Would be awesome to have nearly half your line up with 50+ pts. Still lots of hockey to be played, but looks promising.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

As the top line, you deal with the top defensive line of the other team too. So it happens. The B's do the same thing with the 3rd and 4th line. We have the luxury of teams not being able to stop all of our lines. Our team and lines are that good. I see this team having a pretty impressive playoff run.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I think it's safe to say at least Horton and Lucic are streaky players and I might throw DK in there as well. So who knows when they will get rolling again but it will happen sooner or later.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]I know what you mean...doesn't seem like they're keeping up with the rest of the team.... But they're all on pace to be in the 50-60-ish point range....again. And if they do in fact heat up and find their game like they did in the playoffs, they'll surpass that. So far Krejci - 27 gp - 5g- 12a - 17p Horton - 30gp - 8g- 11a - 19p Lucic - 30gp - 10g- 13a - 23p If they kept at the same rate (I think we all expect improvement....) Krejci - 15g - 35a - 50p Horton - 22g - 30a - 52p Lucic - 27g - 35a - 63p I guess it does point to the strength of this team when the top line isn't really producing, but they're still winning games (and lots of them). I'm going to throw this out there....if numbers stayed at the same rate the rest of the way, the Bruins will finish the season with 9 players over 50 points.

That because IT'S NOT THE TOP LINE !!!! It wasn't the TOP LINE during the playoffs and it's not the TOP LINE now !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Amen!
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When will the "Big" Line Get rolling again? : That because IT'S NOT THE TOP LINE !!!! It wasn't the TOP LINE during the playoffs and it's not the TOP LINE now !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: When will the

Krejci is lazy.

[QUOTE]I think it's safe to say at least Horton and Lucic are streaky players and I might throw DK in there as well. So who knows when they will get rolling again but it will happen sooner or later.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Kreji is not lazy, but it may be that these talented guys will wake up when really challenged, like in the playoffs. Still IMO they should stir it up a bit more, so maybe Claude shifting some of the player around might just wake them all up. Swap Peverly and Horton; or maybe Lucic and Pouliot[ who would of thunk it a month ago]. I'd also really enjoy seeing Thornton sit regularly and let Caron and Hamill show their value more frequently. The defense is not as well fixed, so it's time for Chiarelli to seek out a solid [Ference smart] replacemant for Corvo or Boychuck. Nothing wrong with Boychuck's effort, but his decision making just isn't where it should be. Corvo is probably the laziest Bruin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

So in your book, someone who doesn't show up for most of the regular season isn't lazy?
    Good to know.
    Are you Wideman's agent ?

[QUOTE]Kreji is not lazy, but it may be that these talented guys will wake up when really challenged, like in the playoffs. Still IMO they should stir it up a bit more, so maybe Claude shifting some of the player around might just wake them all up. Swap Peverly and Horton; or maybe Lucic and Pouliot[ who would of thunk it a month ago]. I'd also really enjoy seeing Thornton sit regularly and let Caron and Hamill show their value more frequently. The defense is not as well fixed, so it's time for Chiarelli to seek out a solid [Ference smart] replacemant for Corvo or Boychuck. Nothing wrong with Boychuck's effort, but his decision making just isn't where it should be. Corvo is probably the laziest Bruin.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: When will the "Big" Line Get rolling again? : That because IT'S NOT THE TOP LINE !!!! It wasn't the TOP LINE during the playoffs and it's not the TOP LINE now !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

Agreed

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

Probably once Horton truly is back to form.  Hopefully that is sooner rather than later. 

On another note, not too many teams seem to be able to keep up with the Kelly line as a number 3.  This team is deep enough to survive a line not producing as much as it should, hopefully this squad is firing on all cylinders in 90-100 days.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: When will the:
    [QUOTE]Krejci is lazy.
    In Response to Re: When will the "Big" Line Get rolling again? :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

The guy led your team to the Stanley Cup, leading scorer in play-offs. The team is now at the top of the league standings... and all you can come up with is KREJCI IS LAZY?

I don't think so!

I think you're a lazy writer!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I could dedicate 500 words to it, but the bottom line would be the same. He shows up when he wants to, and is essentially a smaler european Michael Ryder. Plain and simple not showing up consistently is laziness.

In Response to Re: When will the:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When will the : The guy led your team to the Stanley Cup, leading scorer in play-offs. The team is now at the top of the league standings... and all you can come up with is KREJCI IS LAZY? I don't think so! I think you're a lazy writer!
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

No, because every time Ryder scored, he seemed surprised. The look on his face after the backhander over Roloson's shoulder in game 2, he had the look of "I wasn't trying; that wasn't supposed to happen!"

I think Krejci does try, his game is just streaky. He doesn't even weigh 180 pounds....he's not going to push anybody around.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

And as long as he does enough to help his team get to the playoffs, and continues to play the way that he has in the playoffs......I'll take it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

A lot of Ryders issues were between his ears, mostly a highly mobile level of confidence. But he'd _often_ stop moving his feet and shooting. In his 27 games this season Krejci has been held to 1 or 0 shots 11 times. By comparison Marchand who is even shorter has been held to 1 or 0 shots in 7 of 30.

[QUOTE]No, because every time Ryder scored, he seemed surprised. The look on his face after the backhander over Roloson's shoulder in game 2, he had the look of "I wasn't trying; that wasn't supposed to happen!" I think Krejci does try, his game is just streaky. He doesn't even weigh 180 pounds....he's not going to push anybody around.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Bandg, you have got to be kidding me!

If you're correct we may as well get him off the the Leafs, ASAP.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Works for me, him and gentle Phil, Mike Komitraiwreck and the other misfit toys can continue doing not very much.

And on a per minute basis Kessel's production has slipped since he left Boston.

[QUOTE]Bandg, you have got to be kidding me! If you're correct we may as well get him off the the Leafs, ASAP.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Horton hasn't been the same since the concussion. IF he's able to start throwing his weight around on the forecheck again, then they'll be a nightmare for the entire league. Right now his play is hampering the production of lucic and Krejci. If Nathan can crank it up like he's capable, than watch out. Who would want to see those two coming at you all night? I keep waiting to see him let it go, but it hasn't happened yet. Really got my fingers crossed, because all this team needs is Horton and Seguin to get their game together to get back to the finals.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Horton is trying, Krejci is trying my patience.

[QUOTE]Horton hasn't been the same since the concussion. IF he's able to start throwing his weight around on the forecheck again, then they'll be a nightmare for the entire league. Right now his play is hampering the production of lucic and Krejci. If Nathan can crank it up like he's capable, than watch out. Who would want to see those two coming at you all night? I keep waiting to see him let it go, but it hasn't happened yet. Really got my fingers crossed, because all this team needs is Horton and Seguin to get their game together to get back to the finals.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Nathan Horton has been the most dissapointing player on that line. The guy can't stickhandle & has very little hockey sense. I would have no issue if the Bruins traded him & brought someone to that line with some quickness and more importantly hockey sense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Horton has been bad this season period. He is starting to remind me of Stanley's boy Wheeler.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Nathan Horton has been the most dissapointing player on that line. The guy can't stickhandle & has very little hockey sense. I would have no issue if the Bruins traded him & brought someone to that line with some quickness and more importantly hockey sense.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]
    Last year Horton finished wit a PPG of .66. This year he has a PPG of .63. I hardly think it's his fault that DK isn't getting his usual points. No player but Horton has 2 game 7 winning goals. I give more leeway to a guy who scores big (actually huge) goals.