When your team plays like crap, wouldn't you want a coach like this to tell like it really is?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

When your team plays like crap, wouldn't you want a coach like this to tell like it really is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tie0tz7jGDI&feature=player_embedded

This guy is the anti-Wilson

Funny stuff

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: When your team plays like crap, wouldn't you want a coach like this to tell like it really is?

In our sensitive world today Mora is an absolute azz.  Hockey spotlight:  CJ is the master psychologist who treats every player different in order to increase performance. It works in toady's sport culture as the media spins "as the world turns" when a coach is out of line and singles out the team.    On the other hand, I am older and this is how coaches should speak when a TEAM is playing poorly.  I like Rex Ryan's press conference after the Patriot's game, succinct and direct.  My hs baseball coach reamed my behavior out after a loss for laughing on the bus on the trip back to the school. I got the message.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: When your team plays like crap, wouldn't you want a coach like this to tell like it really is?

I could watch Mora talk about football on NFL Network for hours. I think when he went off like that Jim was coming to grips with the fact that his coaching tour with that particular team was coming to an end and he knew he would never win a Super Bowl. I never had a problem with coaches that go off on the media or just plain go off as their profession could turn the calmest person into a whack job.

I watched Julien's interview on NESN with Brickley the other day and he was pretty clear on what he needs to do but Andy didn't really ask some of the questions I would have liked "Why is the 4th line on the ice with less than 7 minutes to go in a 1 goal game ?" that sort of question might be better for me.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/12/claude-julien-andy-brickley-break-down-significance-of-philadelphia-tampa-bay-wins.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

SanDog,  I listened to the CJ interview.  CJ was absolutely positive on the team's effort in Philly then at home in Tampa.  He thought the speed and space created by the centers and wings were key in the game in Tampa.  He also focused on attitude.  He would later remark that Hunwick was a PMD and that the other's would have to be more responsible without his abilities.  Again he repeated the role of the centers and wings.  I may suggest he knows that the key to Boston's defense is the forwards. When he spoke of special players like Stamkos with St. Louis all I could think is Savard and Seguin.  Lastly, he started off with the remark that mistakes (defensive) gave other teams leads prior to Philly and Tampa.  He knows full well the Bs cannot score first always, but me thinks he knows the Bs will be better offensively with Savard in the lineup.  Overall a positive interview, I would have liked Brickley to say "paralysis by analysis" Claude, when is the team going to be more consistent.  The next game after the interview was Toronto.  Yikes.