Where are all the idiots? re: Talon re: Kovalchuk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Where are all the idiots? re: Talon re: Kovalchuk

So I'm in a bad mood and feel like venting.  It drove me nuts at the trade deadline that people were screaming that the Bruins were close to a cup last year and that they should get Kovalchuk at all costs.  It wasn't a good idea then, and now as it turns out - it would have been a HORRIBLE idea.

Where is that toad who was going on about Dale Talon and how he "schooled" PC?  Where is that jerk who had the avatar of rusty Griswald?

Any other examples of perfect idiots?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: Where are all the idiots? re: Talon re: Kovalchuk

In Response to Where are all the idiots? re: Talon re: Kovalchuk:
    [QUOTE]So I'm in a bad mood and feel like venting.  It drove me nuts at the trade deadline that people were screaming that the Bruins were close to a cup last year and that they should get Kovalchuk at all costs.  It wasn't a good idea then, and now as it turns out - it would have been a HORRIBLE idea. Where is that toad who was going on about Dale Talon and how he "schooled" PC?  Where is that jerk who had the avatar of rusty Griswald? Any other examples of perfect idiots?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Felger was leading the Kovalchuk parade; he was demanding that Chiarelli trade The Pick for him (he had no clue who Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin were, and how valuable The Pick was). I don't get 98.5 but heard about it. I think you'll find that a lot of those sorts of nutty "proposals" can be traced back to guys like him. There's a certain segment of fans who parrot guys like Felger and Massarotti, whose sole purpose is to be contrarian and create "controversy," because that generates listeners. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Nice to see you vent Badhab lol. I have to agree with your post.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

bruins8 wanted that Toronto pick ( Seguin ) gone for Kovalchuk , knowing full well that it could have been just for the rest of the season. That was just one of his ideas about trading that pick. He wanted that pick traded so bad I think he would have traded it for a bag of pucks. One of his 'sybil' personalities ( hockey101 or marco polo ) should have talked some sense into the bruins8 personality. He thought that Kovalchuk would be the player that took the B's to the cup. NJ sure had a hot run in the playoffs and is tearing up the league with him this year. But it was all the rest of us that were stupid because we didn't agree with his ideas about trading that pick away for possibly only a few month rental period.

There, that's my vent and I feel much better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Rmiller is the one who also has a Dale Tallon shrine in his bedroom. I wanted Kovalchuk buit not at the cost of TOs #1 last year and this year. Don Waddell probably started the answer to Chiarelli's routine inquiry with "Your bid will have to start with both TOs #1s and either Caron/Colborne."

Wadell "Ah Peter ? Hello Peter ?..."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Where are all the idiots? re: Talon re: Kovalchuk:
    [QUOTE]Rmiller is the one who also has a Dale Tallon shrine in his bedroom. I wanted Kovalchuk buit not at the cost of TOs #1 last year and this year. Don Waddell probably started the answer to Chiarelli's routine inquiry with "Your bid will have to start with both TOs #1s and either Caron/Colborne." Wadell "Ah Peter ? Hello Peter ?..."
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I was hoping for Horton at the trade deadline.  Kovy was on the mind as well. Neither happened... eventually the Horton trade was made and at this point in time the Bs made out.  PC deserves recognition.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

I agree with the OP. I was never interested in Kovy because of the price tag. 10 mil is too much for any salary cap payroll. Did I forsee him playing this ineffectively for NJ? No way! I can only imagine how Lamoriello feels. It is believed that the owner wanted that deal with Kovalchuk and went over Lamoriello's more sensible head.

As for the Horton deal, I was happy then and still so. Lets not forget Seidenberg either. I hope Chiarelli can get some more "schooling" done to him by Tallon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

OK, I'll expand the list to include total jerks.

SerbianBruins reporting that Pat Burns wasn't dead and that Rask is being traded with a fake link.

Same for him as when the fire dies in my wood stove, into the ash hole.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT-. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT-'s posts

In Response to Where are all the idiots? re: Talon re: Kovalchuk:
    [QUOTE]So I'm in a bad mood and feel like venting. Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Wow man you really really need to get a life... You feel you need to "vent" So you come on a hockey board on a sat night? How incredibly incredibly sad...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL  ... I could not take another post on getting Kovalchuk !!!
    I looked at him as a rental only but the cost was too high as Waddel in every offer the Bruins would make he wanted that 1st rounder (Leafs pick).  Getting Kovalchuk quickly evaporated.
    Rental = not giving much in return and 10m a year he wanted = crippling the Bruins for years. 
    Now on Talon we all know the ....head that brought this up when Wideman got traded to Panthers,  come to think of it that`s where this poster said he/she was no longer a Bruin`s fan LOL.
    Just before this, maybe started 4 years ago and then when Pens went to 2 straight cup finals many were saying on how Shero was 10x better than PC.  How I loved reading those posts... Talon and Shero got lucky winning lotteries , finishing at the bottom of the league for so many years and with great drafts in front of them (Crosby, Malkin, Kane, Toews etc...)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]LOL  ... I could not take another post on getting Kovalchuk !!! I looked at him as a rental only but the cost was too high as Waddel in every offer the Bruins would make he wanted that 1st rounder (Leafs pick) .  Getting Kovalchuk quickly evaporated. Rental = not giving much in return and 10m a year he wanted = crippling the Bruins for years.  Now on Talon we all know the ....head that brought this up when Wideman got traded to Panthers,  come to think of it that`s where this poster said he/she was no longer a Bruin`s fan LOL. Just before this, maybe started 4 years ago and then when Pens went to 2 straight cup finals many were saying on how Shero was 10x better than PC.  How I loved reading those posts... Talon and Shero got lucky winning lotteries , finishing at the bottom of the league for so many years and with great drafts in front of them (Crosby, Malkin, Kane, Toews etc...)
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    The Bruins could win the cup this year and there would still be people who claim that PC was lucky and just stumbled into it.It's laughable really.Hey,every GM makes a questionable move every so often but I think PC has done a good job since the organization was in shambles when he arrived.But you cant please a pessimist unfortunately.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: But you cant please a pessimist unfortunately.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I live in the Boston area.  I remember hearing a Red Sox fan after the 2004 World Series say, "Wow....that was a boring World Series". 

Now, I understand his point:  it was a sweep in which the Sox never trailed in any game.  But come on man!  You're a Red Sox fan.  And the Red Sox just won the World Series for the first time in 86 years!  Can't you just be happy?

I love Boston and it's fans.  It's home.  But there still are a lot of curmudgeons in Boston.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Horton AND Campbell, who is looking pretty good, too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the idiots? re: Talon re: Kovalchuk : I live in the Boston area.  I remember hearing a Red Sox fan after the 2004 World Series say, "Wow....that was a boring World Series".  Now, I understand his point:  it was a sweep in which the Sox never trailed in any game.  But come on man!  You're a Red Sox fan.  And the Red Sox just won the World Series for the first time in 86 years!  Can't you just be happy? I love Boston and it's fans.  It's home.  But there still are a lot of curmudgeons in Boston.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
    It's strange but some people are only happy when they're miserable.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

[QUOTE]Horton AND Campbell, who is looking pretty good, too.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Yes they are. I was against the trade initially because of Horton's tendancy to not give it his all on the ice. But once they became Bruins I got behind them. I'm glad to say that crow tastes good with a little Worcestershire sauce. Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the idiots? re: Talon re: Kovalchuk : It's strange but some people are only happy when they're miserable.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I couldn't be happier about this team.  I want it to stay the way it is and have Savard and Sturm not return.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the idiots? re: Talon re: Kovalchuk : I couldn't be happier about this team.  I want it to stay the way it is and have Savard and Sturm not return.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I don't think it will be a problem.  Chemistry won't be hurt by adding 2 and removing 1 or 2.  They'll be even better with the weakest link(s) removed.  Don't worry.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Back on point.

Oh yah, how could I forget the morons that kept claiming that Seguin
    a) no where near as good as Hall and couldn't hold a candle to Hall.
    b) All of those IDIOTIC trade proposals moving all kinds of assets to Edmonton so we could get Hall because Hall was just so much darn better.
    c) that Seguin would be better off returned to jr.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the idiots? re: Talon re: Kovalchuk : I couldn't be happier about this team.  I want it to stay the way it is and have Savard and Sturm not return.

My only worry is Sturm because of his insertion back in the lineup they'll have to get rid of a roster player that now is playing well.  I bet this roster player , even if not being traded will not go through to Providence as he will be picked up on waivers.  I hope PC can get a little something via trade but then again in a trade probably must add another player . 
    All this just to bring in Sturm that I think is very fragile below the belt and a big risk to be lost again on LTIR (maybe for good). I can't help to compare his two knee injuries to Markov of the Habs (he also has had to back o back) and maybe lost for the season yet again.
    That's a chemistry changer there because you could have lost some parts to this team for nothing.  
    Savy on the otherhand I think will be a plus for a guy like Seguin and can see Savvy spring him up with his speed as he used to do with Kessel.  I'm licking my chops for this one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]c) that Seguin would be better off returned to jr.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

This is still debatable, in my opinion. I never wanted him to get sent down and never championed the idea, but it's possible he'd be "better off." I can see Seguin being a Toews-like player and I believe JT played two years of college hockey. His biggest weakness is strength and college hockey is great for that. (Not saying he was NCAA eligible, just that it might have helped)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the idiots? re: Talon re: Kovalchuk : This is still debatable, in my opinion. I never wanted him to get sent down and never championed the idea, but it's possible he'd be "better off." I can see Seguin being a Toews-like player and I believe JT played two years of college hockey. His biggest weakness is strength and college hockey is great for that. (Not saying he was NCAA eligible, just that it might have helped)

I agree with most of your comments but have to disagree here, NCCA does not play enough games for Seguin.  He needs to play for his progression. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Your opinion is shared by many I'm sure.Although I don't agree with it ,I can see why many would be happy to go the full season with the current Bruins.I think the best is still yet to come.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the idiots? re: Talon re: Kovalchuk : I agree with most of your comments but have to disagree here, NCCA does not play enough games for Seguin.  He needs to play for his progression. 

The way I see it, Seguin already has sick skills/hockey IQ and what he needs to work on most, like Colborne, is his strength, so playing fewer games and spending more time in the gym may have been good for him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the idiots? re: Talon re: Kovalchuk : The way I see it, Seguin already has sick skills/hockey IQ and what he needs to work on most, like Colborne, is his strength, so playing fewer games and spending more time in the gym may have been good for him.

I'm glad you brought up Colborne because while he did play college the knock on him is he's not strong enough on the puck and needs AHL to work on that oart of his game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the idiots? re: Talon re: Kovalchuk : I'm glad you brought up Colborne because while he did play college the knock on him is he's not strong enough on the puck and needs AHL to work on that oart of his game.

Colborne doesn't have the skills Seguin does and also needs to use his size more than TS if he is going to utilize those skills most effectively. If Seguin's skills were equal to Colborne, he wouldn't be with the big club right now. Fortunately, the kid is ultra-talented which helps him get by where others wouldn't.