where to stay when in boston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from geez77. Show geez77's posts

where to stay when in boston?

driving to boston from montreal for a game in october, any recommendations on where to stay? looking for a good price, thinking it may be best to stay outside the city and take the train to the city. anybody have any ideas?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: where to stay when in boston?

Get a place along the subway lines or along the Lowell line train. It makes the rest easy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If you're by car you can book a hotel cheaper just outside (Medford or Stoneham) otherwise along the harbour near one of the wharfs , The Marriot , Fairmount , Westin .. (approx 150.00-200.00$ ). All walking distance from Garden (about 10-15mins).
    Otherwise yes the train as Wheatskins suggested.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bstn2k11. Show bstn2k11's posts

anywhere inside the city is going to get pricey.  There's a couple of cheaper options in the ciy like the Holiday Inn at Beacon Hill or the Holiday Inn Boston Garden.  There's a few options up 93 North in Medford, which is only a short train ride.  I know there's a Hyatt, possibly a La Quinta too.  You might also find a cheap deal around the Airport (East Boston, Chelsea, Revere)  It's a quick ride on the Blue Line to Government Center.. then hop on the Green Line to North Station.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

The Onyx, stay close and have a brew after the game.

http://www.onyxhotel.com/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I always stay at the Howard Johnsons right behind Fenway Park. It is nothing fancy but the price is right & the TD Garden is only a 5 minute subway ride away on the green line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

In Response to where to stay when in boston?:
    [QUOTE]driving to boston from montreal for a game in october, any recommendations on where to stay? looking for a good price, thinking it may be best to stay outside the city and take the train to the city. anybody have any ideas?
    Posted by geez77[/QUOTE]

Howdy. My wife & I live near Toronto and went to Boston for a game last year. We stayed at the Lenox on Boylston. It's rated #1 in the city and a stay there will show you why. Top drawer all the way. We will definitely stay there again next time we go to Boston. Fantastic city, by the way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

theres room in the gutter next to ye olde winesock lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

keep in mind that if you are looking for a place to stay for less than $200 in the city, then the accomodations may leave a lot to be desired.  The Lenox, mentioned before, is a great hotel, but you could be spending $$ at a place like that. The hotels near the airport are cheaper and probably just as quick to take a cab or the subway to the Garden/downtown area than some other pricier options in Seaport or Fenway area. The only negative of Boston is that hotel prices are out of control, so be prepared to open your wallet!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: where to stay when in boston?:
    [QUOTE]theres room in the gutter next to ye olde winesock lol
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts[/QUOTE]

There's room at the Pine Street Inn next to this buffoon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

There are a couple hotels in Revere MA stay there, take the Blueline from Wonderland in. Allow about 30 minutes from Wonderland to North Station/Boston Garden with a switch from the Blue line to the Greenline towards Lechmere. Hit Hotels.com for the places in the area cheap. Parking at Wonderland is only $5 but depending on where you stay they may have a shuttle that can take you over.

[QUOTE]Get a place along the subway lines or along the Lowell line train. It makes the rest easy.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsYear. Show BruinsYear's posts

In Response to where to stay when in boston?:
    [QUOTE]driving to boston from montreal for a game in october, any recommendations on where to stay? looking for a good price, thinking it may be best to stay outside the city and take the train to the city. anybody have any ideas?
    Posted by geez77[/QUOTE]

I always stay at the constitution inn  http://www.constitutioninn.org/  

its 1 mile from the Garden,you can take a mbta water taxi to faneuil hall for $2,walk or take a cab pretty cheap.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: where to stay when in boston? : There's room at the Pine Street Inn next to this buffoon.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

You are taking their bait.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Good advice with the commuter rail idea.  I would lok up the rockport line http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/ and stay near the beach. In October the prices will be alot less, and you can have some amazing seafood, possibly get a room with an ocean view. Then the rockport train ends literally at North Station/Boston Garden.  It drops you off inside the building actually. Get some fried clams and a beer near your hotel....life is good!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from geez77. Show geez77's posts

thanks for the tips everybody, now where can we go and have a good time after the game? any good recommendations on pubs or something along those lines?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

the street around the Garden are loaded with bars that will be packed with fans. just pick any of them because on game nights its the same crowd: hockey fans who have been over served.  If you want to get away from the overserved hockey crowd, an easy 5-10 minute walk to Fanueil Hall will give you a choice of a ton of pubs/bars/clubs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Hyatt Place Boston/Medford. It's 4 mi outside the city on the Cambridge/93 North side of the city, so much less expensive. They have a free shuttle to the Davis Square Red Line, which also happens to be a great hangout place for food/drink. Hit Redbones for BBQ/beer or The Burren for Irish Pub/Beer in Davis. Any stop along the Red Line in this area is a good stop...Harvard Square for the obvious, excellent options at Kendall as well. Davis and Harvard are the best, though.

Even if you don't want to do the shuttle to the T, the hotel often takes requests for their free shuttle. Tell the front desk you are going to the game, and there's a 90% chance others are as well and they send you on a free shuttle directly to the Garden.

Either way...take the T back from the Game to Davis Square, enjoy a tasty beverage and shuttle back to the hotel. At the very worst, the short 4mi distance to the Garden means a cheap taxi ride home.

116 Riverside Ave, Medford, MA, 02155
    866-539-0036

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: where to stay when in boston? : You are taking their bait.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

No bait taken by me.  Unlike most here, I can resist the urge to reply.  As soon as I read the title I had planned on that response.  That poster was the perfect fit for it.

But feel free to continue to try to make me look like a fool.  It hasn't worked yet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: where to stay when in boston? : No bait taken by me.  Unlike most here, I can resist the urge to reply.  As soon as I read the title I had planned on that response.  That poster was the perfect fit for it. But feel free to continue to try to make me look like a fool.  It hasn't worked yet.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Not trying to make you look like a fool at all. I'm just reminding you what your sig line says and what you're preaching to others.

And yes you took the bait and look like a fool without my help.