Where was Marc Savard?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Where was Marc Savard?

He was not in Vancouver last night? Is he in no condition to travel? Did he have a setback? I could have sworn i saw him in Boston recently. Nobody on TV last night even mentioned how Boston won it all despite losing their top offensive forward earlier in the season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

Re: Where was Marc Savard?

I read in the paper that he would not be making the trip. Claude Julien was asked about his status (because Horton was making the trip) and Claude's response was:

Horton is healthy enough to make the trip but not to play. Savard, according to the doctors, is listed as day to day, making it impossible to guarantee a safe trip. 

Sad, and yes, I agree that someone at the very least should've mentioned him as he was an integral part of the team early in the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Where was Marc Savard?:
    [QUOTE] I read in the paper that he would not be making the trip. Claude Julien was asked about his status (because Horton was making the trip) and Claude's response was:  Horton is healthy enough to make the trip but not to play. Savard, according to the doctors, is listed as day to day, making it impossible to guarantee a safe trip.   Sad, and yes, I agree that someone at the very least should've mentioned him as he was an integral part of the team early in the season.  
    Posted by undead[/QUOTE]

Interesting information about Savard.  He definitely deserved to be mentioned since he was a big part of this Bruins team until his injury.  It doesn't appear that he will play hockey again.  What a big loss for the Bruins.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

This was a slight shokcer to me. I was thinking he was a little down, perhaps that they rallied behind Horton (jacket in locker room, keeping his jersey, etc) and they didn't do much for him. Maybe he took it badly. All I know if that if Bartkowski, Cohen, Caron, Kamfer and that goalie are raising the cup and in the freggin picture - yes that golaie is the one in the front of the picture - then Savard should ahve been there too. My only speculation is that he's done with hockey and wants nothing to do with it.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I kept saying the same thing last night:  "Where is Savard?  WHERE IS SAVARD!?"  I am in complete shock because honestly, he must be done and everyone on the team knows it.  NOBODY made mention of him, they didnt rally behind him like they did Horton, etc.  Savard must be in a bad way and /or done with hockey.  I feel really bad for the guy.  He should of been there.  There were "players" there, celebrating, that didnt deserve it and it really bothered me that Savard wasnt there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

I wore my Savard jersey in the bar last night, for him.
    Congrats Bruins, lets do this agai in 2012.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diggz. Show Diggz's posts

I had similar discussions with people last night and this morning.  He's gotta be in pretty rough shape, still, to have not been there.  I remember Patrice Bergeron saying that after his initial concussion he had to lay in silence with the curtains closed for weeks.  My guess is that Savard's condition is very similar to that, but possibly worse.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Altus123. Show Altus123's posts

I asked the same question last night when I saw Horton suited up after the game.   I don't see how Savards condition could have been any worse than Hortons.

Was Savvy at the home playoff games?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I hope he is at the parade.  He is a part of this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Definitely felt sick for Savard. As others have said, he deserved to be apart of this celebration. I sure hope he can make the parade. If he's still suffering as Claude implies, I have to wonder if he'll make it back to playing hockey again.

He suffered from depression last time.....so maybe he's struggling again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Good post, I was wondering the same thing.  As Fletch said, he is part of this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I was one who said Savard should get his name on the cup even though he didn't met the minimum requirments.  But if he wont even find a way to be present at game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals to cheer on his time, then what kind of team player is that?  His name should be left off the cup.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

[QUOTE]I was one who said Savard should get his name on the cup even though he didn't met the minimum requirments.  But if he wont even find a way to be present at game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals to cheer on his time, then what kind of team player is that?  His name should be left off the cup.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

Again until we hear why he wasn't there this is unfair to him.  For all we know doctors wouldn't let him fly or attend.  Maybe symptoms flared up after attending the game in Boston and they determined that it was best for him to stay away from the noise and bright lights.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

I too was puzzled at Savard's absence. Crummy really. You deserved to be a part of this Marc. Hope you're there for the next one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Safe to say his name is put of the cup right? He played enough games pretty sure.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Just like you people, I would love for the Bruin management to make some kind of medical comment on M.Savard and update his health. As seen here on the Boards, M.Savard has being a big part of the Boston Bruins and his absence is greatly noticed.
    If M.Savard is not in the Cup parade on Saturday, we can only assume that his health is not good at all. I truly hope he gets well to enjoy life.  His presence is missed.  Go B's Go !!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

If he cant fly a good 5 months after being hurt, then I think he needs to retire. Clearly, he isnt recovering well at all

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

[QUOTE]If he cant fly a good 5 months after being hurt, then I think he needs to retire. Clearly, he isnt recovering well at all
    Posted by Bleedinblackandgold[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sure seems that way. Total BS.
    Savard deserves to raise that cup.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Maybe he didn't want to be a distraction.  Don't mess with the locker room kinda thing. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Where was Marc Savard?:
    [QUOTE]He was not in Vancouver last night? Is he in no condition to travel? Did he have a setback? I could have sworn i saw him in Boston recently. Nobody on TV last night even mentioned how Boston won it all despite losing their top offensive forward earlier in the season.
    Posted by niftybear[/QUOTE]  If you look carefully on the pic I think he is on the Pic ..just next to Bergeron in the backgrounStanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    St
    anley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    St
    Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    St
    d smiling

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I believe that he would have been at Game 7 if he could have.  I'm in the "he should retire" camp.  Another concussion could be devastating.  He was a good player for the Bruins and certainly part of this resurgent B's club over the past few years.  I think his name DEFINITELY deserves to be on the Cup.  He's a part of this team....even if he didn't play a major factor this season.

However, it does sound like he'll be making an appearance at the parade:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/6883/savard-will-be-in-boston-for-parade

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

If he tries to play again, I will be holding my breath every time he is on the ice. Wish it had never happened...