Who are you all rooting for now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Re: Who are you all rooting for now?

I'd like to see an LA-Caps Final

Nashville, St.L, Fla, and Phoenix are not exciting to me...Maybe it is a southern thing. 

I can't stand the NY Giants/Yanks fans so the Rangers is a No.
    I'm sick of Brodeur...so no to NJ.   I hate Philly; they are another No.  

I like Ottawa because of Alfreddson and Karlson.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Easy. St Louis.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

Flyers. Hopping on the Giroux bandwagon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Process of elimination.
    Although I appreciate Philly bumping off Cindy Crysby and the dirtbags of Pitt, I can't root for them to win the cup. Love Giroux, but c'mon, it's still Philly.
    No Caps. Can't get behind a team with Dale Hunter behind the bench.
    FLA? No, because I don't want the NHL in places where it can't thrive. This also eliminates the Yotes.
    NYR? Nooooooo. I can never pull for a NYC team even if it's the only for the tiddlywinks championship.
    NJ? Nope. They are basically in NYC's armpit.
    Ottawa is not so bad but it's hard to picture them going all the way so logic prevents me from rooting for them knowing they have little shot.
    LA? I sort of like them, largely because Quick is from my alma mater, and they embarrassed the Nucks which is a big bonus for them. However, LA is the capital of shallowness and vapid celebritards who may jump on the bandwagon without knowing a dang thing about the sport. This would be disgucting so I would have to work this one out further in my brain before making a decision.
    St. Louis? No objections here, really. Not too excited by them, though.
    Preds? I actually like them a lot but I can't be a hypicrate and support them when I above stated that I can't pull for a team in a place where the NHL can't thrive, so no Preds for me, even though it hurts a bit to say so.
    Soooo...it looks like I'm rooting for the Blues or possibly the Kings.
    Screw it....I'm just going to re-watch Band of Brothers and the 2011 Stanley Cup DVD about 25 times anytime i get the urge to watch hockey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

nashville or st louis

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I am from NH, so I will say the LA Kings.  Go Monarchs!  In the east I hope the Caps continue but it will more than likely be Phildelphia, a team I loathe!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Anyone but the Flyers and Rangers.

Sentimentally I wouldn't mind seeing St. Louis win. They gave us Orr in '70 and they've never won a Cup. Pretty loyal fan base for a city not exactly known as a hockey hotbed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

I have to say the Blues from the West, because I like their syle of play and found their fans to be the most respectfull.

From the East, I would like to see the Caps make it to the finals.  I respect that they completly shout down Boston's offense.  Their fans are also the least annoying of any other East teams.

This would put 2 teams in the final who will win the cup for the first time...with deserving fans who don't have a sense of entitlement.  However, I would like to see the Blues win it all, because of Dale Hunter...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

Flyers.  The NHL is slowly turning into european hockey.  Teams like the Bruins and Flyers (Rangers to a lesser extent) need to keep winning to help slow down the process.

I'm sure Bettman is routing for the Kings, Preds or Panthers.  Wouldn't mind seeing the Blues get a chance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Re: Who are you all rooting for now?:
    [QUOTE]Process of elimination. Although I appreciate Philly bumping off Cindy Crysby and the dirtbags of Pitt, I can't root for them to win the cup. Love Giroux, but c'mon, it's still Philly. No Caps. Can't get behind a team with Dale Hunter behind the bench. FLA? No, because I don't want the NHL in places where it can't thrive. This also eliminates the Yotes. NYR? Nooooooo. I can never pull for a NYC team even if it's the only for the tiddlywinks championship. NJ? Nope. They are basically in NYC's armpit. Ottawa is not so bad but it's hard to picture them going all the way so logic prevents me from rooting for them knowing they have little shot. LA? I sort of like them, largely because Quick is from my alma mater, and they embarrassed the Nucks which is a big bonus for them. However, LA is the capital of shallowness and vapid celebritards who may jump on the bandwagon without knowing a dang thing about the sport. This would be disgucting so I would have to work this one out further in my brain before making a decision. St. Louis? No objections here, really. Not too excited by them, though. Preds? I actually like them a lot but I can't be a hypicrate and support them when I above stated that I can't pull for a team in a place where the NHL can't thrive, so no Preds for me, even though it hurts a bit to say so. Soooo...it looks like I'm rooting for the Blues or possibly the Kings. Screw it....I'm just going to re-watch Band of Brothers and the 2011 Stanley Cup DVD about 25 times anytime i get the urge to watch hockey.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

Have you watched "The Pacific"?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Who are you all rooting for now?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you all rooting for now? : Have you watched "The Pacific"?
    Posted by watchtower[/QUOTE]

Yep. Not quite as good as Band of Brothers, but it's excellent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

maybe the Sens, i enjoy watching Spezza, Alfredsson and Karlsson play