Who does Seguin remind you of?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Who does Seguin remind you of?

I'm reminded of Lance Armstrong when they asked if he were going to be the next Greg Lemond and his answer was that no one was going to compare him to anyone and that everyone would be compared to him.

Seguin is way too modest to say that about himself, and he won't be in that upper echelon of the very greatest, but I believe he'll be in that "second tier" of greats and I put Yzerman and Messier in that category.

I don't think there is a mold that fits Seguin.  He has 3 assets that are gems, his speed, his hockey sense to find those seams in receiving and giving passes, and the quick shot.

His rate of improvement is phenominal.

He is going to be a special one in a category of his own.

Oh yah, so my answer is that he reminds me of no one, maybe several aspects of several players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Im not sure he remimds me of crosby at all,To be honest I cant compare him to anyone just yet, I know hes been compared to sakic and Yzerman but In a couple of more months  when hes really established hi nhl game, then I would form an opinion. The kid is good, abit not nhl ready but i think hes learning fast.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

No offense, but that's one of my pet peeves.

He's Tyler Seguin, and he should blaze his own trail. Let him be the first Tyler Seguin, not the second somebody else.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Who does Seguin remind you of?:[QUOTE]I'm reminded of Lance Armstrong when they asked if he were going to be the next Greg Lemond and his answer was that no one was going to compare him to anyone and that everyone would be compared to him. Oh yah, so my answer is that he reminds me of no one, maybe several aspects of several players.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Yah there you have the reason Lamond joined the Armstrong witch hunt. Even in his heyday my favorite Bruins Nifty couldn't do what Seguin did last night. Tyler's speed with the puck is insane.

The Canadien that scared me the most during his hey day was Russ Courtnall speed and hands. Russ is who comes to mind right now but me thinks Tyler will eclipse Russ's max of 36 goals in 93' maybe not this year but Seguin's average goals per year will be much higher.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Who does Seguin remind you of?:
    [QUOTE]No offense, but that's one of my pet peeves.   He's Tyler Seguin, and he should blaze his own trail. Let him be the first Tyler Seguin, not the second somebody else.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

One of my pet peeves is "not nhl ready."

Who would you rather have in a shoot out in the nhl?  Seguin is on my short list.

Seguin on a breakaway - he's been killer on a couple (or was it 3?), and has he missed a breakaway or shoot out attempt?   Was it 1 breakaway or 1 shoot out he missed?  Anyone have the stats?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Oh, I forgot what one of his goals were, but the 3 I recall were things of beauty.  He hasn't gotten an ugly one or lucky one yet.  And by ugly I mean something like Recchi's goal last night that went in under the arm pit or one of those seeing eye goals or one of those that he just threw at the goal and hoped for the best.  Each one has been labeled with intent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from legolaspinkerton. Show legolaspinkerton's posts

By my count he’s 1 for 1 on shootouts and 2 for 2 on breakaways.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Pavel Datsyuk

EDIT: More offence, less defence though

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsChef. Show BruinsChef's posts

A future all star for another NHL team.

He will be gone after his rookie contract expires.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]A future all star for another NHL team. He will be gone after his rookie contract expires.
    Posted by BruinsChef[/QUOTE]

Was that an antiposto recipe?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think the oft repeated Steve Yzerman comparison is a decent one.  Definitely some similarities there -- I hope they continue.

P.S. Bruins Chef is a troll.  I have him on ignore already.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Stevie Yzerman

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Like Bergy said, he looks like Sakic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

My statement of not nhl ready refers to his pysical play, hes a little shy along the boards and is somethinghe seems to be getting better at.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjake5236. Show emjake5236's posts

what impresses me about him is that he isnt flashy- to me he seems deceptively fast, he makes passes that only savvy can make, and has a rocket shot. Just exciting to see so much potential.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

a rookie

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Like Bergy said, he looks like Sakic.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

That goal last night was def. Sakic like. I also saw seguin get crunched for the first time last night. Ive been thinking he needs to take a few big hits to calm down he's terrified of getting hit out there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devanjan. Show Devanjan's posts

Tyler Seguin reminds me of Tyler Seguin. Give him a chance. As Duinne infers - I don't want him to be the second coming of anyone.  Give him a chance to be what he is and what he will become.  And if that is retired number in the rafters, so be it , if not, he will still be in great company with Nifty Middleton, Jean Ratelle, Vic Stasiuk, Ed Sanford, Bronco Horvath, and even Teddy "the Terrible" Green and Derek Sanderson.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who does Seguin remind you of? : That goal last night was def. Sakic like. I also saw seguin get crunched for the first time last night. Ive been thinking he needs to take a few big hits to calm down he's terrified of getting hit out there.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

but no big open ice hits with his head down.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

BRUINS CHEF    GO BACK TO THE KITCHEN AS YOU NO CRAP ABOUT THE B'S OR HOCKEY....... YOU SOUND LIKE A TROLL TO ME

SEGUIN WILL BE FACE OF THE BRUINS FRANCHISE FOR A LONG TIME.......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]A future all star for another NHL team. He will be gone after his rookie contract expires.
    Posted by BruinsChef[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just like Bergeron. And Krejci. And Lucic. And Rask. Oh wait....

Last reply to the troll. Putting on ignore.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

His goal last night reminded me of #81 in TO.

Fast on his skates and a great shot.

Sorry, but it did.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]His goal last night reminded me of #81 in TO. Fast on his skates and a great shot. Sorry, but it did.
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

Nah, he didn't curl and drag.

The difference with Seguin is that he fires his shots in midstride. No way for the goalie to prepare himself. I don't think Lunqvist even reacted before the puck was in the net. Not many players have that ability.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Messier second tier?  That's the NHL's second all-time leading scorer, right?  Guy with one for both thumbs?  Maybe he's not at the top of the all-timer list, but I think he squeaks above the bar that separates the all-timers from the greats.

I'll throw one out there - Bure.  He's got that level of explosiveness - and if he harnesses it like the Russian Rocket, lookout.  That kind of creativity at high speed too.  So far, that's the one element of his game that sticks in my head for comparison - he's a different animal when the puck is on his stick.  Vision's clearly there, etc. etc. and maybe when he's developed beyond a raw physical talent, I'll change my mind. For now though - Pavel.  TS alread has better hands than Krusty Cournall.  If Courtnall had any hands at all, he'd have scored 60 in '93...like Bure!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

As long as he stays healthy, this kid is going to be really good for a long time. He'll be the face of the franchise for 15+ years.

Comparisons are mostly useless and serve a purpose only when you haven't seen someone play.

Fast, quick, intelligent, good vision, quick shot, good work ethic, are all great qualities of this kid.

Will be fun watching him grow as he's only going to get better.