Who does Seguin remind you of?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Who does Seguin remind you of?

On the "#81 in Toronto" comparison - I think TS may actually be faster.  And his shot is more accurate - he'll have a higher career shooting percentage.  Love to see these things tested - maybe at the All-Star game? 

I watched the goal on NHL.com and had buffering problems, so, completely by accident I got this freeze frame effect, first at the Bruin blueline where there were two, players between him and the Ranger goal and two others in position to rejoin the play defensively.  Next frame, 4 Rangers on screen, 3 behind but close, then Ranger blueline and only one guy with any bearing on the play.  Kid moves into the one guy's angle to get a better shot, and rips it.  I watched the shot 5 times and never saw the puck.  Just *ping* and Lundquist with whiplash.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Who does Seguin remind you of?:[QUOTE] For now though - Pavel.  TS alread has better hands than Krusty Cournall.  If Courtnall had any hands at all, he'd have scored 60 in '93...like Bure! Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Only 36 because Courtnall backchecked, hit, fought and played on a defensive minded team or he would have had much more. Bure had no such responsibilites Pavel's hands and speed much better at 18 than Seguin not even close.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsChef. Show BruinsChef's posts

In Response to Re: Who does Seguin remind you of?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who does Seguin remind you of? : Yeah, just like Bergeron. And Krejci. And Lucic. And Rask. Oh wait.... Last reply to the troll. Putting on ignore.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

wah wah wah could you be anymore of a thumb sucking baby?

He didn't say the Bruins were wicked awsome he is a troll! He didn't say the Bruins were the bestest team ever! He must be a troll!

Do you still wear your Bruins jammies to bed?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnice0015. Show bnice0015's posts

Definitely the hands and shot of Sakic.  Speed and shiftiness of young Modano.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I understand the resistance to comparisons when they're used - a la Lucic - like a lodestone or to hammer a guy for not living up to the comparables.  Speaking of comparables - I also hate it as part of negotiating contracts.  But.  Comparison is a fundamental part of how we learn.  Our language is riddled with dead metaphors right down to a very basic level of sensory experience.  All it means is we recognize and associate based on some partial connection.  Lucic reminds you of Neely sometimes when he looks like a juggernaut with or without the puck or when the entire arena echoes from one of his hits.  Doesn't mean he is Neely, but on some level, he can remind you of Neely, and if you're a Bruins fan, you communicate some residual feelings for SeaBass to Lucic.  It doesn't have to be pernicious.

And it doesn't have to be conscious.  You may be doing it even if you're just watching the kid play and he does something that recalls, say, something you once saw Yzerman do.  Or Bure.  And because that move is associated in your head with a great player, the kid is coloured ever so slighly by that greatness.  Don't fight it, man! (or woman).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

bnice - It's funny, my first thought was Modano though but I was young back then.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

'Dog...Courtnall fought?  You must be thinking of one, maybe two specific incidences because the guy I remember wasn't that kind of gritty - maybe 20-50 Pims a year.  And it wasn't just that he played a more complete game than Bure - Courtnall had rocks from the wrist down sometimes, but he could get hot.  I know Hab fans who got so incredibly frustrated with him.  I'd put him on the mid-way point between Paille and Bure for hands.

The only 18yr-old Bure I can speak to is his WJHC participation. He was 20 when he got to the NHL.  That said, I'm not trying to turn this into a Seguin=Bure debate.  Pavel was one of the fastest skaters and deadliest puckhandlers of the last 30 years.  But when I look at TS's first goal and the one last night, and if you ask me who they reminded me of, I think of Pavel.  That kind of just lights out explosion coupled with the ability to put the puck through a mail slot in stride.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who does Seguin remind you of? : wah wah wah could you be anymore of a thumb sucking baby? He didn't say the Bruins were wicked awsome he is a troll! He didn't say the Bruins were the bestest team ever! He must be a troll! Do you still wear your Bruins jammies to bed?
    Posted by BruinsChef[/QUOTE]

"Deep dishing" pie heh?  

Anyway, Duinne is correct but I think a poor man's Yzerman.  Bure, nope, that guy could flat out fly and would go to the front of the net as well.  Courtnall is a good comparison but Seguin has potential to be a better shot.  Yup pure speculation but it is better than reading recipes.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who does Seguin remind you of? : "Deep dishing" pie heh?   Anyway, Duinne is correct but I think a poor man's Yzerman.  Bure, nope, that guy could flat out fly and would go to the front of the net as well.  Courtnall is a good comparison but Seguin has potential to be a better shot.  Yup pure speculation but it is better than reading recipes.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

islamadora, you're killing kittehs. Please stop.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I said Datsyuk because both are similar in size, fast, great hands, and very smart.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]No offense, but that's one of my pet peeves.   He's Tyler Seguin, and he should blaze his own trail. Let him be the first Tyler Seguin, not the second somebody else.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]He reminds me of a top two draft pick,getting his feet wet in the Nhl.Once he finds his groove,he will be a special player.Give him time too grow,and hopefully we will all one day say, does this guy remind you of Tyler Seguin, or some other player with great skills!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Watch Seguin after that goal last night. No real celebration of any significance. Just skated behind net raised his stick a little then skated to the bench to high five his teamates but the look on his face said to me that he isnt there to show people up. Kinda like Bobby Orr used to do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Messier second tier?  That's the NHL's second all-time leading scorer, right?  Guy with one for both thumbs?  Maybe he's not at the top of the all-timer list, but I think he squeaks above the bar that separates the all-timers from the greats. I'll throw one out there - Bure.  He's got that level of explosiveness - and if he harnesses it like the Russian Rocket, lookout.  That kind of creativity at high speed too.  So far, that's the one element of his game that sticks in my head for comparison - he's a different animal when the puck is on his stick.  Vision's clearly there, etc. etc. and maybe when he's developed beyond a raw physical talent, I'll change my mind. For now though - Pavel.  TS alread has better hands than Krusty Cournall.  If Courtnall had any hands at all, he'd have scored 60 in '93...like Bure!
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Yup, Messier is second tier on my list.  The first tier is Bobby, Wayne and Mario.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Nice link to Stevie Yzermans top 10 goals.   See a lot of Yzerman in Seguins play..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyQ0F1wXusg

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Pat Lafontaine

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

Bookboy beat me to it, I was gonna say Pavel Bure. The other person he reminds me of a bit is Steven Stamkos. They both have excellent speed, hockey sense, hands, and a wicked shot. In a couple more years, I can see these two battling it out for the Richard Trophy each year. Seguin needs a bit more confidence and a bit more selfishness. I've been seeing him pass up shots in order to make a pass, trying to be a good team player. He needs to start ripping it more.

I think Crosby and Ovechkin are at a different level, they have a certain presence that elevates their game above everyone else at times. Either one can dominate a game when they decide to do it. That's special.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

A cross between Mike Modano and Joe sakic...NICE!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

TYLER SEGUIN ...the only one ....aint seen nothing yet ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

You all know that I have been Tyler Seguin's staunchest advocate since day one.

I'm glad to see that he is winning everyone over - like I knew he would.

Tyler Seguin will be Tyler Seguin! - and I repeat, the face of the Bruins in the 21st Century. He will be thought of in the same breath as Robert Gordon Orr, when it comes to the Boston Bruins.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Harold Snepsts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=1c6ff890dda230175b5c64e386da90b3&plckUserId=1c6ff890dda230175b5c64e386da90b3">
    First: 2/2/2006
    Last: 11/18/2010

a rookie

By far the best answer to this Question.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

he looks like a smaller and quicker version of Horton

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

He reminds me of Mason Raymond alot. The way he can skate and score goals.

His passing is definitely not as good as i thought it would be but something he can become ok at

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]You all know that I have been Tyler Seguin's staunchest advocate since day one. I'm glad to see that he is winning everyone over - like I knew he would. Tyler Seguin will be Tyler Seguin! - and I repeat, the face of the Bruins in the 21st Century. He will be thought of in the same breath as Robert Gordon Orr, when it comes to the Boston Bruins.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Are you being sarcastic?  Winning everyone over???  Seguin was loved by everyone here and hyped from the moment he was drafted by everyone here.  Hard be a 'staunch advocate' of someone that was already loved by all -- join the club.  Is anyone surprised that he has looked good?

Along those lines, I don't care what anyone says, I will argue that Ray Bourque was a good defensemen.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]He reminds me of Mason Raymond alot. The way he can skate and score goals. His passing is definitely not as good as i thought it would be but something he can become ok at
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

What???? His passes are unbelievable! Savard-Like passes on the PP he shocks people with how fast he gets the puck to them sometimes that causes them to fumble it.

He also is trying to get used to slow recchi and all over the place wheeler. I like him on a line with Thornto and Paille though with the way Thorty is playing Paille's speed and Seguins awesomeness its a fun line to watch.