Who should be the 1 seed?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Who should be the 1 seed?

I was going through it in my head last night. In a perfect world, what works out best for the Bruins? That the The Rangers or Pens get the 1? I want to say the Rangers, because I think they can lose in the first 2 rounds and that could give the B's home ice till the finals. But if the Pens win the B's can have home ice against the Rangers (and as the Rangers have their number, they'll need every advantage against them) in the second round. Does it even really matter at all??? It's going to be war just to get to the ECF never mind the SCF.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Who should be the 1 seed?

It's more about who doesn't get the 1 seed if you ask me.  4 vs. 5 is going to be a freaking war.  A WAR!

Pens vs. Flyers in a best of seven suits me just fine, as would Rangers vs. Capitals.  Capitals could have Backstrom back, Ovechkin's playing some of his best hockey all year

I'm less excited by a Pens-Caps first round match because it's going to mean two weeks of tire-pumping about Crosby vs. Ovechkin, including "is it still the same marquee matchup as it once was?" and "which is the better story, Crosby's return from what looked like a career-threatening injury or Ovechkin finding his touch just in time?" (assuming his recent 5 goals in 4 games continues).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I want the Penguins at some point against the Bruins! I do think Marc-Andre will steal a game or two against the Flyers. Bryzgalov did well early in his career for the Ducks during the playoffs but was hammered by the Wings the last couple of years.

I think the Rangers are beatable in the early rounds but I don't think Pittsburgh is. The New York hype machine nor Gaborik, nor Richards can cure that teams lack of offense. I the think Slats rags will hang on for the #1 seed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

If things keep going the way they have been the last few weeks then Pittsburg may well sneak into the #1 spot. Rangers have been pretty "normal" the last while while Crosby coming back has sparked that team to say the least.

The upcoming 2012 playoffs should yield some high quality matchups. Can't wait!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I don't know who #1 will be, but Pittsburgh scares the beejeebus out of me.

That's the only team in the east I want no part of.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In Response to Re: Who should be the 1 seed?:
    [QUOTE]I don't know who #1 will be, but Pittsburgh scares the beejeebus out of me. That's the only team in the east I want no part of.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Which begs my original question. Is it better to have the Rangers or Pens get the #1...as it pertains to the benefit of the Bruins?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who should be the 1 seed? : Which begs my original question. Is it better to have the Rangers or Pens get the #1...as it pertains to the benefit of the Bruins?
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]
    I say the Rangers, as i think the Caps will give the Rags all they can handle and the Flyers will rough up the pens in a long series. Provided the Caps don't catch the Senators for 7th, and then that changes everything.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

I see parallels between NYR/Pens and Bruins/Sens re: #2 catching #1.

Both the Pens ans Sens staged impressive winning streaks to make it close, but ultimately the can't keep up the pace(s) and the NYR and Bruins should take their divisions.

But I've been wrong before.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I was drawing the same conclusion as you 50.
    I guess it comes down to giving Pitt the hardest path.
    the B's would face the Pengos in round 2, but would have home ice.

...and yeah, I know. let's get the B's past round 1 first!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Well, if Boston gets past Ottawa they'll play the winner of Florida/NJ meaning it doesn't matter much for the Bruins as to who gets the first,fourth or fifth seeds - they won't play any of them until the third round (if NYR isn't upset by the Caps/Sabres/Jets.) Let those teams all beat each other up in the first two rounds, with the Bruins playing Ottawa and Florida/NJ. That's fine by me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know who #1 will be, but Pittsburgh scares the beejeebus out of me. That's the only team in the east I want no part of.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

i totally agree and pains me to say it but Pittsburgh is loaded. let them score number 1 seed and hopefully the bruins will stay at number 2 and worst case the bruins face them in ecf after they have gone threw a few series. then maybe the bruins can lean on pitt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Well, if Boston gets past Ottawa they'll play the winner of Florida/NJ meaning it doesn't matter much for the Bruins as to who gets the first,fourth or fifth seeds - they won't play any of them until the third round (if NYR isn't upset by the Caps/Sabres/Jets.) Let those teams all beat each other up in the first two rounds, with the Bruins playing Ottawa and Florida/NJ. That's fine by me.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Ottawa needs a win on Friday or they could start feeling the heat. A win for the Sabres and a loss for the Sens would make the spread only 2. The Sens still have games left against the Bruins, Pens, Flyers, and Devils so they better win against the Habs or it could get sticky. Even the Jets-Sens game is still big.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I remember feeling relieved that the Bruins didn't have to face the Devils in round 2 in 09' after Broduer let in those 2 late 3rd period goals of game 7. Careful which matchup you wish for.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who should be the 1 seed? : Ottawa needs a win on Friday or they could start feeling the heat. A win for the Sabres and a loss for the Sens would make the spread only 2. The Sens still have games left against the Bruins, Pens, Flyers, and Devils so they better win against the Habs or it could get sticky. Even the Jets-Sens game is still big.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I think in terms of settling who gets in at the bottom there, a lot of it comes down to tommorow night's Caps/Jets game. A win by the Caps, and they're breathing down the Sens neck and the Jets are basically out of it, 6 points back, and the Sabres are the only team left who could break the top 8. A win by the Jets though, they pull back within two, leaving Monday's game in Winnipeg against the Sens, potentially critical. The outcome of that game could potentially leave the Sens within a game of being knocked (in fact I think, depending on the outcomes of the Sabres games and the Caps other two games leading up to Monday besides the Jets,) it's possible a loss to the Jets on Monday could leave the Sens in 9th spot 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who should be the 1 seed? : I think in terms of settling who gets in at the bottom there, a lot of it comes down to tommorow night's Caps/Jets game. A win by the Caps, and they're breathing down the Sens neck and the Jets are basically out of it, 6 points back, and the Sabres are the only team left who could break the top 8. A win by the Jets though, they pull back within two, leaving Monday's game in Winnipeg against the Sens, potentially critical. The outcome of that game could potentially leave the Sens within a game of being knocked (in fact I think, depending on the outcomes of the Sabres games and the Caps other two games leading up to Monday besides the Jets,) it's possible a loss to the Jets on Monday could leave the Sens in 9th spot 
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    That's what I'm getting at Red. The Sens are no lock without a few more wins.....and they won't come easy if they lose to the Habs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]I remember feeling relieved that the Bruins didn't have to face the Devils in round 2 in 09' after Broduer let in those 2 late 3rd period goals of game 7. Careful which matchup you wish for.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

i hear that san i was celebrating carolina taking them out in my house like the bruins just won a series. ask me how i felt about 2 weeks later when scott walker goal hit me harder then the punch he landed on aaron ward!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Bruins can't face the Devils until the third round if they stay in second.  Assuming the Bruins win, if the first seed wins, the Bruins would play either the Panthers (if they win) or the winner of 4 vs. 5 (if the Devils win).  So using today's standings, and assuming the chalk survives, it would Bruins v. Senators, then v. Panthers, then v. Rangers/Pens. 

Second is looking like an awfully sweet spot in some ways, isn't it?  Without jinxing anything, the first seed is looking at the Capitals with Backstrom back, the Sabres with a suddenly hot Miller and an offense that seems to have found a groove, or a Jets team that is deadly at home; then your second round matchup is the winner of the 4 v. 5 war.  Some reward for winning the conference.  Third isn't bad either but you get the more experienced Devil team with Kovalchuk up front and Brodeur in the nets, then you don't have home ice in the v. the 2 seed. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who should be the 1 seed? : The Caps won't be in 7th...rest assured Gregorys Daddy and NBC will get the B's the easiest seed possible to get the B's to the 2nd round. Probably Sens, Jets or Sabres. The B's would lose to the Caps, if for some strange reason the calls go both ways!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]
    Only the shadowknows.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who should be the 1 seed? : and CharaisTall.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]
    Touche.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That's usually spelled with a D, 50.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]That's usually spelled with a D, 50.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    HaHa ! Good one Book, my mistake.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Was watching Pens-Preds and that line Malkin-Neil-Kunitz are monsters !
    Fine Pens had the last change but they did not shy away from the matchup against Weber.
    Like many of you are stating here you want to play a worn down Pens team and best chance of that would be in a war with the Flyers.  Even though the Bruins and Pens meet the next round I 'de prefer that.  You want a Chara-Seidenberg duo to be fresh also.