1. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Who should PC sign next for future?

Paille        1,100,000.00  for 2yrs.
    Kelly         3,000,000.00   for 3yrs.
    Campbell    1,300,000.00   for 2yrs.
    Corvo        2,250,000.00   for 1yr
    Rask          2,000,000.00   for 2yrs.

Total Cost = 9,650,000.00

2012-2013 cap space 13,400,000.00 - 9,650,000.00 = 3,750,000.00 to negotiate with the above players contracts

Then Savard 4 mill contract is still up in the air.

If PC can get the above players signed our team will still be the same

Looch Krejci Horton
    Marchand Bergy Seguin
    Paille Peverly Kelly
    Caron Campbell  ?

Chara Kampfer
    Sieds Corvo
    Ference McQuaid
    7th d ?

Thomas
    Rask

Big RFA for 2013-2014:
    Looch Seguin and Marchand

Thomas 5mill contract will be deleted

My question should we seek UFA's or keep rebuilding what do you see for future Bruins roster this is just water cooler talk.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Who should PC sign next for future?

i would see bigger increases for Rask and Campbell, and not so much for Corvo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

sorry but Tuukka's going to cost much more than 2 mil. per....  he's the B'S goalie of the future and wouldn't be surprised if he's pursued by other teams if he becomes a restricted free agent after the season....

and wouldn't be surprised either to see Kelly asking upwards of 3 mil....  and getting it....

i just hope PC hasn't painted himself into a corner with the Krejci signing like Chicago did and then had to let important cogs like Byfuglien & Ladd go following a cup win....

not saying Krejci shouldn't have been signed but in this age of the salary cap a team can't have too many 5 mil. per players and am not sure Krejci's one of those yet....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

He may have to sacrafice Rask...He needs to sign Kelly for around 3 mill. He would take it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]He may have to sacrafice Rask...He needs to sign Kelly for around 3 mill. He would take it.
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

sacrafice rask? rask? sacrafice rask, a 24 year old goaltender who is the future of the team to make room for kelly, a 31 year old defensive forward who hasn't scored 20 goals in the NHL? are you insane?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

I agree Rask is first on our list to sign and go from there we need a goalie and Tuuka will like to stay in the bruins nation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

don't resign corvo...let a youngster cut his teeth next year, use the savings to pad a couple contracts. keep everyone. this is no knock on corvo...it's more of a props to the guys who helped win a cup. i truly believe this is a very unselfish team, both on and off the ice. players will deal "fair" contracts, in order to keep this team together.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Horton Krejci Lucic
    Seguin Bergeron Marchand
    Kelly Peverly Pouliott (Knight-pending Kelly contract)
    Caron Campell Thornton (Spooner-pending Campell contract)

Chara Boychuck
    Seids Hamilton- imo will be ready next year
    Macquaid Ference

Thomas
    Rask

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Who should PC sign next for future?:
    [QUOTE]sorry but Tuukka's going to cost much more than 2 mil. per....  he's the B'S goalie of the future and wouldn't be surprised if he's pursued by other teams if he becomes a restricted free agent after the season.... and wouldn't be surprised either to see Kelly asking upwards of 3 mil....  and getting it.... i just hope PC hasn't painted himself into a corner with the Krejci signing like Chicago did and then had to let important cogs like Byfuglien & Ladd go following a cup win.... not saying Krejci shouldn't have been signed but in this age of the salary cap a team can't have too many 5 mil. per players and am not sure Krejci's one of those yet....
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]

I think PC has done a better job than most of the other GM's managing his cap and I think the recent signings ie Peverly, Krejci were bargains considering that they both could have gotten more on the open market, especially teams that have a lot of cap space... A lot can change in the coming years , but I like the direction that the Bruins cap wise are in.. unless cap figure goes down in any given year and then the fun begins, but that looks like not to be happening any time soon....

Next urgent signing for me is Kelly.. must sign.. now I know why Murray hated to part with him last year.. What a valuable piece he has become for this team.... I agree with you that Kelly will be looking for upwards of 3mil and PC will pay it.. 3- 3.25 mil sounds about right...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Jason Garrison is a UFA and I see him as a potential trade deadline target of Chiarelli's.  Leads all D in goals

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Who should PC sign next for future?:[QUOTE]He may have to sacrafice Rask...He needs to sign Kelly for around 3 mill. He would take it.
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

^Ahh no other way around and Campbell gets no more than $1.5M with Paille not getting any more than what he is making now. Who will it be Boychuk or Corvo ? that's where I see a sacrifice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Verdict is still out on Rask. I like Kelly, Paille and Campbell (for the right price.) And Corvo can go if cap is still a problem (Call up from the minors should do.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Who should PC sign next for future?:[QUOTE] And Corvo can go if cap is still a problem (Call up from the minors should do.) Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Yah who ? ask some posters on here who have gone to PBruins games this year. I've seen 5 games online the defense is terrible, that's putting it lightly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Ummm.....maybe Dougie? It's certainly not too far fetched, as many on here think that an other year in juniors will do him no good, and he's too young for Providence. If he's over 200 pounds, they should absolutely bring him up.
    I think Kampfer is there.
    And if they feel that these guys aren't good enough for the 6th defenseman spot yet, I'm sure they can find a guy for cheaper than 2.25 as a 6th defenseman.
    And most of the D-men in Providence are young....who knows how they might develop throughout the year. Defensemen typically develop slower than forwards, as playing forward is more about raw skill, and defense is much more about maturing physically and mentally.
    I'm not sold on anyone in Providence yet, either, but who knows by the end of the season.

And Kelly? I'd toss him out well before Rask. Yes, he's an awesome THIRD liner and an excellent leader, but the B's can't be paying more than 3.5 million for a 3rd liner, especially when the B's have a few wingers in the minors won't miss a beat offensively for 1/4 of what he's making now. I understand that Spooner/Knight won't be able to match his defensive or leadership capabilities, but my hope is that the younger core of this Bruins team (Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic) will have grown up enough to not miss a beat.

Rask may be 4-3-1 this year, but that's not his fault when he's posting 2.09 GAA and .924 SV%.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

samsonov,
    You'll have to flip-flop Spooner and Knight...
    Spooner is sort of gangly and plays a finesse game. From everything I've read, I'm kind of painting the picture of a faster, but more risky Krejci. His play on the 4th line would be useless.
    Knight is a physical kid. If he develops, he seems like he'll be a Peverley type player, with maybe a little more grit to his game. His style of play could match up on any line.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

I would let both Corvo and Paille go when there contracts are up.

You need to create space for younger players and bring them along.

Rask is the goalie of the future and should be the first to be signed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Spooner does not belong in anyway on the 4th line. Wrong size (he's smaller than Krejci), wrong skill set (Savardesque passing), just wrong.
    And if we're gonna have a viable PK either Paille or Kelly needs to be resigned.

Hamilton unlikely to be in the top six next year.

[QUOTE]Horton Krejci Lucic Seguin Bergeron Marchand Kelly Peverly Pouliott (Knight-pending Kelly contract) Caron Campell Thornton (Spooner-pending Campell contract) Chara Boychuck Seids Hamilton- imo will be ready next year Macquaid Ference Thomas Rask
    Posted by samsonov[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I think Mcquaid steps into the top 4, Kampfer into the top 6, and... Cross is #7.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who should PC sign next for future? : Yah who ? ask some posters on here who have gone to PBruins games this year. I've seen 5 games online the defense is terrible, that's putting it lightly.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Knight is a net driver like no one in the Bruins system. Neither belongs in anyway on the 4th line. I don't see the Bruins tossing any of the youngsters straight from the CHL to the NHL.

[QUOTE]samsonov, You'll have to flip-flop Spooner and Knight... Spooner is sort of gangly and plays a finesse game. From everything I've read, I'm kind of painting the picture of a faster, but more risky Krejci. His play on the 4th line would be useless. Knight is a physical kid. If he develops, he seems like he'll be a Peverley type player, with maybe a little more grit to his game. His style of play could match up on any line.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Who should PC sign next for future?:[QUOTE]I think Mcquaid steps into the top 4, Kampfer into the top 6, and... Cross is #7. In Response to Re: Who should PC sign next for future? : Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

How do we find out if Kampfer is ready for full time duties ? He is in the stands every night. Julien is going to want a defensively responsible vet back their just like not wanting to groom Caron or Sauve yet. Chiarelli has real tough chooses to make regarding Spooner, Sauve, Knight and Caron over the next 2 years.

I agree on Cross he's a banger and at 6'3" he's got the frame for 4 or 5 dman.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Its too bad but someone on the 4th line has to go I would think, right?

There's no reason to stunt the development of a Caron just to overpay for a Paille or something...

Sucks because that 4th line plays so well together, but if you're getting the same product, you might as well go the cheaper route...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac221. Show mac221's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who should PC sign next for future? : How do we find out if Kampfer is ready for full time duties ? He is in the stands every night. Julien is going to want a defensively responsible vet back their just like not wanting to groom Caron or Sauve yet ... [/QUOTE]

A fair question, but Kampfer's stint last season in the starting lineup (30 or so games) showed he can handle himself.  Certainly room for improvement, but there is evidence that he's up for the task. Julien's heavy reliance on proven vets is probably more of an issue, but if Kampfer is paired well with Seids or Chara that should calm Julien.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

The blueline is due an injury, history says Ference or Boychuk are the most likely. I'd say give Kamfer five games of around 12 minutes a night and decide from there.
    At camp I honestly think Cross was the best all around dman. I don't any of the Providence guys making the jump, but Mckelvie stuck around a long time given that he hadn't played pro hockey in two years.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who should PC sign next for future? : How do we find out if Kampfer is ready for full time duties ? He is in the stands every night. Julien is going to want a defensively responsible vet back their just like not wanting to groom Caron or Sauve yet. Chiarelli has real tough chooses to make regarding Spooner, Sauve, Knight and Caron over the next 2 years. I agree on Cross he's a banger and at 6'3" he's got the frame for 4 or 5 dman.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Yeah, I like him.

[QUOTE]Jason Garrison is a UFA and I see him as a potential trade deadline target of Chiarelli's.  Leads all D in goals
    Posted by Tuckerw3[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

If you can keep together the best 4th line in the NHL there is no reason not too. With teams like Tampa who are hugely reliant on their powerplay coming in, you don't want to damage your pk. With teams playing for less titles, and nasty divisional playoff series you need a beat cop.

[QUOTE]Its too bad but someone on the 4th line has to go I would think, right? There's no reason to stunt the development of a Caron just to overpay for a Paille or something... Sucks because that 4th line plays so well together, but if you're getting the same product, you might as well go the cheaper route...
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]