Who should the Bruins trade next, Ryder or Sturm?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Re: Who should the Bruins trade next, Ryder or Sturm?

Sturm will be palced on Waivers and Wheeler will be moved to open up more space to get a D-man. Problem solved.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Chiarelli is in trouble.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Avoiding all arguement and a lot of what is on here having little to do with the original post, for the remainder of the season, I take ryder, he is younger and is playing, when he is at his best he is more dangerous then sturm, and at this point, you have no idea what you would get with sturm for the rest of the year..and that is really all we are talking about..niether ofthese guys is coming back with out taking a pay cut..

that being said, i dont know if we can activate sturm with out doing something with ryder (or 3 million ish) of cap space.. so.. there might not be any choice..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Who should the Bruins trade next, Ryder or Sturm?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who should the Bruins trade next, Ryder or Sturm? : Tim Thomas beats the Flyers single-handedly, stopping 41 shots, only reinforcing my point that the Bruins are strongest in between the pipes. Thomas leads the league in GAA and shut-outs, & anyone actually watching that game last night has to admit (let's see if you can) that the Bruins were absolutely scorched by the Flyers in the first 10 minutes of the game and if not for Thomas standing on his head would have been down 3-0 in the first and once again struggling to even get back in the game. My overall point about this team is that it's weak on puck-moving defenseman, weak on sustained scoring, has one strong line currently, no snipers capable of putting up Ovechkin/Crosby/Stamkos type numbers (while those other teams in the same conference do have them), and have goaltending and a box system of defensive play to sustain them. IT'S NOT ENOUGH TO BE CONSIDERED A SERIOUS PLAYOFF CONTENTION TEAM. this is not a 'game by game' thing...I'm not going to go nyah-nyah like you do after every time the B's lose 9as you do now when they win and their goalie steals the game)...but anyone who really knows hockey has to admit this Bruins team has glaring weaknesses especially compared to most other teams in the conference. We'll see if Savard can come back and be the player he was--which should help. and, btw, I don't hide. You wanna know where I am? Right here, sunshine. And if in the end I'm wrong and the B's make serious noise in the playoffs, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. Will you do the same if they're a DNQ or are gone in round 1 or 2 again? Doubtful.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    Who are these other players capable of putting up the Crosby,Ovechkin,Stamkos numbers ?You haven't told me how the Hawks managed to win without a 31 goal scorer.Your original post stated Boston wouldn't make the play-offs,now they're not serious play-off contenders.No you don't hide-you just change your argument mid stream when you realize how foolish it sounds.I've heard enough garbage from you "sunshine"to realize you're just a bitter old man  that wishes you weren't.Good luck with that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who should the Bruins trade next, Ryder or Sturm? : Who are these other players capable of putting up the Crosby,Ovechkin,Stamkos numbers ?You haven't told me how the Hawks managed to win without a 31 goal scorer.Your original post stated Boston wouldn't make the play-offs,now they're not serious play-off contenders.No you don't hide-you just change your argument mid stream when you realize how foolish it sounds.I've heard enough garbage from you "sunshine"to realize you're just a bitter old man  that wishes you weren't.Good luck with that.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Name calling. The last refuge of a scoundrel. I guess I shouldn't have called you 'sunshine', but that was as nice a name as I could think of for someone who somehow knows how old I am from the desk of his own home compter. You're very talented.

Here's how the Hawks were able to win: they had not one 50-goal scorer, but a balanced attack of 3 lines that could all score (the B's do not have this), at least one superstar in Kane (35 goals), the 'not-to-be-mentioned' Puck-moving defensemen who could also score (which the B;'s don;t have), and they got stellar goaltending from Niemi when they actually needed it most.

They had speed, power, scoring, all in balance and guys who could also contriubye offense from the blue line. The Bruins currently do not.

also can't see where I said anywhere in this thread that they are "cup contenders", only that they could be better if Savvy comes back and is healthy. But hey, you go ahead and put words in my mouth if that makes you feel better about yourself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

I said yesterday I didn't see the Bruins getting much for Sturm. According to Darren Dreger's Twitter (@DarrenDreger), we may be about to find out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckstopa. Show puckstopa's posts

doesn't matter now Sturm to LA for picks and maybe low end prospect confirmed by Drager and Murphy......Chiarelli showing some balls good for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Damn work blocking twitter.; Going to find a wifi for my IPOD lol!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Let me first start by saying I am glad I am not the one who has to make the decision.  I think Paile is out.  So the question comes down to do we keep Ryder which forces us to keep both Marchand and Caron for the PK or due we keep Sturm who can replace one of the rookies on the PK.  I am leaning toward Ryder because of his higher cap hit, that extra space might come in handy when trying to add a defenceman at the deadline.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Well I look foolish Sturm to LA for ?

http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I said yesterday I didn't see the Bruins getting much for Sturm. According to Darren Dreger's Twitter (@DarrenDreger), we may be about to find out.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Agree, highly unlikely and he's also a UFA next season.
    This is the player I doubt anybody would take a chance on with his knee injuries (a la Markov Wink) could be out again soon.  Clears about a prorated 3M of cap space.
    Ryder still has a contract to play for and I don;t see him backing down now.
    Although PC might not be finished just yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Well, there's your answer. I can't believe some team would risk a guy who is 33 with that salary on two back to back blown out leg seasons.

Chiarelli got lucky there, but it works.

Lucic Savard Horton
    Ryder Kreicji Seguin
    Recchi Bergeron Wheeler
    Thornton Campbell Marchand

Now it's time for Ryder to pick it up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]Well, there's your answer. I can't believe some team would risk a guy who is 33 with that salary on two back to back blown out leg seasons. Chiarelli got lucky there, but it works. Lucic Savard Horton Ryder Kreicji Seguin Recchi Bergeron Wheeler Thornton Campbell Marchand Now it's time for Ryder to pick it up.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

what risk?

sturms back and "healthy" and his contract is up at the end of the season.. no risk involved.. LA has the cap space if sturm ends up LTIR he is off the books, and if he battles injury you don't resign him..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who should the Bruins trade next, Ryder or Sturm? : Name calling. The last refuge of a scoundrel. I guess I shouldn't have called you 'sunshine', but that was as nice a name as I could think of for someone who somehow knows how old I am from the desk of his own home compter. You're very talented. Here's how the Hawks were able to win: they had not one 50-goal scorer, but a balanced attack of 3 lines that could all score (the B's do not have this), at least one superstar in Kane (35 goals), the 'not-to-be-mentioned' Puck-moving defensemen who could also score (which the B;'s don;t have), and they got stellar goaltending from Niemi when they actually needed it most. They had speed, power, scoring, all in balance and guys who could also contriubye offense from the blue line. The Bruins currently do not. also can't see where I said anywhere in this thread that they are "cup contenders", only that they could be better if Savvy comes back and is healthy. But hey, you go ahead and put words in my mouth if that makes you feel better about yourself.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    Who was name calling?Kane had 30 goals and Boston does have 3 balanced scoring lines when Savard returns(13-8-2 without  him)and what I said was that you changed your argument from them not making the playoffs to them NOT being cup contenders(maybe check your glasses Grampa).The classic mid stream argument switcheroo.This scoundrel is calling you a bitter OLD fool that knows far less than you would like to admit.You can now reply back with your NEW argument about why you're right and all of the other whippersnappers are wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

There is little risk. It's a win-win. Bruins get much-needed cap relief, and the Kings give up a conditional pick. If he does nothing, the Kings give a worthless pick in return. If he goes and lights it up, the Bruins get a good pick in return.

The only risk is tying up whatever portion of his 3.5 mil salary is prorated upon his return. LA's willing to eat that, but they're at least not on the hook to give up anything of value, and don't have to re-sign him if he doesn't bring much to the team.