Who wants to talk smack about Recchi now???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Who wants to talk smack about Recchi now???

Of course, now they'll all be quiet. My previous point about Recchi, and other Hall-of-Famers of that caliber, is that they may have a bad night here and there or an unlucky streak, but they always bounce back quick and strong. That's how you get to be a Hall-of-Famer!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

If he shows up like that more consistantly no one would but the problem is 1 out of ever 3 games hurts the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Great game today stemmed from the play of March, last 2 games giving a pure pass to opposition all alone was all him.

I made a mistake and pondered it, a lot,  I took Sav over him expecting Hort to break out and Sav to have a good 3 games before the break. Even though Rec leads the team in points away I went with Sav, my bad.

Should have gone with March, still took Berg, ya never know. I also changed from Shattenkirk because 1 game was against B's, go figure.

Took TT and that was all good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Recchi has played great and I believe will have a great/lasting effect on Marchand. I was one of the people that said maybe he should sit from time to time. Glad to see him pick up his game and look forward to watching him come playoff time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Well imo hes still slow, and yes his expereince does overshadow that at times such as todays game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Recchi was our best fwd in the playoffs last year.  I want him to save some in the tank for the playoffs.  Classy guy even if he ended up with 20 pts on the 4th line. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

I will.
    Do it consistently

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman0325. Show tman0325's posts

32 points in 48 games is consistant, there are plenty of younger higher paid players not putting up .75 pts per game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

In Response to Re: Who wants to talk smack about Recchi now???:
    [QUOTE]If he shows up like that more consistantly no one would but the problem is 1 out of ever 3 games hurts the team.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

32 pts in 48 games...after 43 in 81 last season.

Ever do math?  Like basic grade school math.  2 points every 3 games.  Last year 1 point for 2 games.  That's an improvement.  Also, he is +14.   The guy will be 43 in two weeks, and he plays against 23 year olds.  He is +14.  Last year he was +4.  That's good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

[QUOTE]I will. Do it consistently
    Posted by jtassinarisoccer[/QUOTE]

2/3 a point per game and +14 is not consistent???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who wants to talk smack about Recchi now??? : 2/3 a point per game and +14 is not consistent???
    Posted by fordprefect[/QUOTE]

Averages have nothing to do with consistency.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

Re: time for savard to think about retiring

his head cant take to many more pounding , the bruins should protect there super stars , like crosby he will retire with a head injury

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Recchi has always played with smarts. Unfortunately, this year, his skills are eroding. He has slowed in skating; he has mishandled the puck in almost every game, and Bergie bails him out; he has missed a number of potential goals by being in the right place, but unable to close as he once could; Defensemen are tossing him out of the crease; not his fault, they are all bigger, stronger and prepared for what REX has always done in the past. He has not had much to do with Seguin because he is not on the ice with him, but he has helped Marchand emerge, and March is now doing what REX used to do so often.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrinandBearit. Show GrinandBearit's posts

Rex has been, like many Bruins, inconsistent this year. That said, at 42, he's adding value to the team and playing his role well enough.

I doubt he'll be back nexct year but with him adding points while Horton struggles, I'll take it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who wants to talk smack about Recchi now??? : 32 pts in 48 games...after 43 in 81 last season. Ever do math?  Like basic grade school math.  2 points every 3 games.  Last year 1 point for 2 games.  That's an improvement.  Also, he is +14.   The guy will be 43 in two weeks, and he plays against 23 year olds.  He is +14.  Last year he was +4.  That's good.
    Posted by fordprefect[/QUOTE]

What is math bozo? He gets his points in the same games. Not hard to see that IF YOU WATCH EVERY GAME.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

The attacks of Recchi and his 1 year, 1 million contract have been some of the easier criticisms to dismiss of the bruins this year. There are just so many other more reasonable things to focus on; it's no wonder conversations like this are few and far between.