Who would want kessel back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Re: Who would want kessel back?

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Orrthebest, those are two of the worst arguments I've seen in a long time.  Well if you think judging a player by the effect he has on the team is a bad argument please provide me with a better objective measure.

If the Bruins had played less games leading up to the playoffs, Kessel would haved been shut out? Are you serious with that?  Yes, we shut down much better players in Malkin and Crosby.

Toronto is worse with Kessel??? Yeah, he ruined that playoff bound team. C;mon.  A very similiar roster ended up 6 spots lower in the standing am I just making this up?  Burke himself said he made the trade believing Kessel would make them a playoff team.

Nobody is cherry picking stats. If you can read I said I wouldnt use the stats you provided or that I provided to come up with my conclusion. Did you watch last years playoff series? Did he look like a one trick pony? So in you view picking the one year out of seven that he finished with a plus is not cherry picking? In my view yes he did still look like a one tick pony. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

[QUOTE]

Orrthebest, those are two of the worst arguments I've seen in a long time.  Well if you think judging a player by the effect he has on the team is a bad argument please provide me with a better objective measure.

If the Bruins had played less games leading up to the playoffs, Kessel would haved been shut out? Are you serious with that?  Yes, we shut down much better players in Malkin and Crosby.

Toronto is worse with Kessel??? Yeah, he ruined that playoff bound team. C;mon.  A very similiar roster ended up 6 spots lower in the standing am I just making this up?  Burke himself said he made the trade believing Kessel would make them a playoff team.

Nobody is cherry picking stats. If you can read I said I wouldnt use the stats you provided or that I provided to come up with my conclusion. Did you watch last years playoff series? Did he look like a one trick pony? So in you view picking the one year out of seven that he finished with a plus is not cherry picking? In my view yes he did still look like a one tick pony. 

What is a "one trick pony" in your mind. Could you please define that?

By your argument for judging players by the effect they have on the team, you must be very upset the Bruins signed Iginla and traded for Eriksson. What have they done for their teams in recent years?

Your next two are so stupid I cant bring myself to even acknowldege them. If you think it's me, ask the other posters what they think of those.

Lastly, it was mentioned above Kessel couldnt play in Juliens system. I simply noted he had 38 goals and a plus 23 while playing for Julien. I'm still waiting for an answer. How did you think Kessel looked against the Bruins in those playoffs? And if your thinking of replying that he was a one trick pony who took advantage of a not rested enough Bruins team, please, dont bother.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

By your argument for judging players by the effect they have on the team, you must be very upset the Bruins signed Iginla and traded for Eriksson. What have they done for their teams in recent years?

Your next two are so stupid I cant bring myself to even acknowldege them. If you think it's me, ask the other posters what they think of those.

Lastly, it was mentioned above Kessel couldnt play in Juliens system. I simply noted he had 38 goals and a plus 23 while playing for Julien. I'm still waiting for an answer. How did you think Kessel looked against the Bruins in those playoffs? And if your thinking of replying that he was a one trick pony who took advantage of a not rested enough Bruins team, please, dont bother.

[/QUOTE]

One I don't know who your confusing me with because I never said Kessel could not play in Julien's system?  Any player who is will work hard on both sides of the puck can work in Julien's system.  So I guess they are correct because Kessel doesn't put any effort in playing defense.  My definition of one trick pony is any player who is so focused offensively they have no defensive game.

Plus if you talk to Calgary fans and Dalas fan they will tell you both Iginla and Eriksson had very positive effects on their teams.  Do you think Calgary is going to be a better team this year without Iginla?  And you call my arguments stupid?

The difference between yourself and me are that I am using facts to support my opinions and your treating you opinions as facts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

The 2 things I don't like about Kessel is he is not on the ice late in the game when the game is on the line. He was on the bench when the Bruins scored twice in the last minute. When I've seen him live (a lot) you notice he is too easily pushed off the puck. For 7 or 8M$, you expect more. Can you spend that much $ on a defensive liability? Isn't that Ovie's problem also? No thanks. Cup winners don't have those guys.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

One I don't know who your confusing me with because I never said Kessel could not play in Julien's system?  Any player who is will work hard on both sides of the puck can work in Julien's system.  So I guess they are correct because Kessel doesn't put any effort in playing defense.  My definition of one trick pony is any player who is so focused offensively they have no defensive game.

Plus if you talk to Calgary fans and Dalas fan they will tell you both Iginla and Eriksson had very positive effects on their teams.  Do you think Calgary is going to be a better team this year without Iginla?  And you call my arguments stupid?

The difference between yourself and me are that I am using facts to support my opinions and your treating you opinions as facts.

What facts are you using when you say Kessel has had a negative impact on his team? His plus/minus? Your using the opinions of Calgary and Dallas fans as your facts that Iginla and Eriksson have had a positive effect? Are you serious?

Again, I'll ask you one more time. During last years playoff series versus the Bruins, did Phil Kessel look like a player that had a negative effect on that team? Forget about the back of his hockey card, what did your eyes tell you? I have no facts, will not refer to Maple Leaf fans, I'm merely asking you your opinion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]

What facts are you using when you say Kessel has had a negative impact on his team? His plus/minus? Your using the opinions of Calgary and Dallas fans as your facts that Iginla and Eriksson have had a positive effect? Are you serious?

Again, I'll ask you one more time. During last years playoff series versus the Bruins, did Phil Kessel look like a player that had a negative effect on that team? Forget about the back of his hockey card, what did your eyes tell you? I have no facts, will not refer to Maple Leaf fans, I'm merely asking you your opinion.

Look Kessel played the best hockey he has ever played in that series but he still looked like the same selfish defensive liability he has always been.  Players like that do not help you win Stanley Cups.  Now all summer I have been dealing with Leafs fans who claim that they are Stanley Cup contenders because they took Boston to 7 games.  Do you agree with them?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Stanley Cup contenders may be bit of a reach, more like contenders be IN the playoffs. I say more of that depends on how much their goaltending has improved with Bernier.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Saying Phil Kessel hurts a team with his play or that he isn't valuable or isn't the kind of player you win the cup with is ridiculous.  He's an excellent player.  35+goal scorers and point-per-game players are rare in the NHL, and he is one, and only 25.  Phil was outstanding against the Bruins, scoring 4 goal, 6 points and was +3 while drawing all of the Boston's defensive focus.  He thrived while being bullied, and I really like that in a player.  It's something he hasn't necessarily shown in the past, and it may be a result of maturing.

The real debate is whether he's worth how much he will command, especially to the Bruins.  I like how Boston is built, with the big money players at G, #1D and #1&2C.  Since the Bruins have good deals for PB and DK - much less than the Crosbys and Malkins of the world, they can also throw some money on good wings.  Lucic is a given and Iginla also commands top dollar.  If Iginla only plays one season for the Bruins they could potentially sign another high-end wing, and Kessel would be fine for that role with his talent and relative young age.  The problem would be if he commanded 7..8...9? million.  He doesn't bring the all-around value needed to command that much, so it begins to become a better proposition to sign two skilled forwards instead.  I might consider as much as 7 as long as it wouldn't hurt the ability to sign DK, the Bruins have the cap room, and assuming Kessel has a real nice year this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

"FYI, bruinsalways is marco too"

"Well Fletch, he needed somebody to "respond" to his thread right?"

"It's sad."

Hey, here's a couple of real stand up guys. Let's fabricate something personal, and I'll back you up... on a hockey forum!!!  That's seriously f'd up

Get a room.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

All things considered, I'd have rather kept Seguin than bring back Kessel.  They have similar issues.  Kessel can be bullied, outmuscled, and intimidated just like Seguin, but he doesn't have youth as an excuse any longer.  Last year was the first time he didn't go on an extended nap during the season - and that might only be because the season was short enough he didn't get distracted. When the Bruins drafted Seguin, I thought Kessel would continue to be a 65 point guy - 30+ goals, between 20-30 assists, so I thought Seguin would be out-scoring him at this point.  The arrival of Lupul has made Kessel a point/game player, but up until two years ago, Seguin's second season would have topped any season of Kessel's career in terms of points.

Year over year in terms of development, I still think Seguin will match or exceed Kessel.  I think it's a lock he'll surpass Kessel's year four total of 55 points in 70 games, and then also top 64 in 82 games in year 5 on the top line in Dallas.  I'm betting he'll also be a better defensive player than Kessel was, though I'm sure it will be obvious how much of his defensive prowess was connected to PB at C.

OC raises two other things I'd have to think about - they dealt Seguin when they could have kept him at the same $$ as Iginla (which, let's remember, they can only pay Iginla using the 35+ bonus cushion, so they couldn't swap Kessel out and Iginla in unless the Cap goes up a bunch), so I doubt the Bruins would pay more to bring Kessel back, and I still feel the jury is out on whether or not this last 130 games is his new normal or if he'll drop back to being just a goal-scorer who has to use his speed and snapper because he doesn't go to the dirty areas.  this is a key year for him.

Are you not entertained?!?!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

"It's sad."

Hey, here's a couple of real stand up guys. Let's fabricate something personal, and I'll back you up... on a hockey forum!!!  That's seriously f'd up

Get a room.

Get a tissue, ya big baby.  

Let's talk Bruins.  Everyone is tired of your drama here.  You read through three pages on Kessel, just to keep whining about me?

And for the record, no, we wouldn't want Kessel back.  We had him already and have been better off ever since we dealt him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Just to the point of him signing in Minnesota, if proximity to home matters to him Chicago's closer to Madison than Minny and St Louis isn't much farther away than Minneapolis (about an hour more by car).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't think Kessel has any affection for Madison, or vice versa.  It was a big deal when he chose to go to Minnesota over his hometown Badgers.  They fans in Wisconsin booed him tirelessly and then Kessel acted this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBFk3Ygg0fc

I don't see any incentive to play in Minnesota or Chicago.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Fair enough - I wasn't that aware of his history with the Gophers and Badgers.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Oh could you just go away already?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Kessel might get $7M his 1st year or two but his cap hit would be less as his salary would go down the later years of his of the contract. It doesnt matter Seidenbergs age he's in insane shape and you dont walk away from a veteran defenseman who can log that many minutes. Dennis will be playing till his early 40s.

To suggest the Bruins would let a great, veteran defenseman because of his age to make room for an over-priced, one dimensional player is DUMB!

Agree, let the maple laughs pay him the big money

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

"It's sad."

Get a room.

Get a tissue, ya big baby.  

Let's talk Bruins.  Everyone is tired of your drama here.  You read through three pages on Kessel, just to keep whining about me?

And for the record, no, we wouldn't want Kessel back.  We had him already and have been better off ever since we dealt him.

"Let's talk Bruins" yeh ok sport

Everbody was talking Bruins, until you decided to invent yet another untruth about someone on a hockey forum. You chose to take the thread somewhere else. I guess it makes sense that you wouldn't have the character to own that regardless of the fact that it's in black and white for everyone else to read.

What's the problem ? Don't like it if someone responds to one of your observations? Then why the F did you post it?

Now that's pretty dramatic and whiney of you if you're being honest ...oops

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wensink, I have no interest in talking about you.  I don't know why you're obsessed with me.  I was talking to marco about his problems with creating many different accounts (which he just admitted on another thread, so it isn't an "untruth").  Your perceived rivalry with me is boring to everyone here, particularly me.  I'm indifferent to you as a poster.  Enough already.  Move on. 

Any opinion on Kessel?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

we would not want Kessel back says who?

Me.  Didn't you start this thread asking people for their opinions?  I gave you mine.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]

Wensink, I have no interest in talking about you.  I don't know why you're obsessed with me.  I was talking to marco about his problems with creating many different accounts (which he just admitted on another thread, so it isn't an "untruth").  Your perceived rivalry with me is boring to everyone here, particularly me.  I'm indifferent to you as a poster.  Enough already.  Move on. 

Any opinion on Kessel?

[/QUOTE]

Actually THAT'S NOT TRUE either

You said that bruinsalways was pretending to be somene else, and that it was "sad"

You can go back and read it if you misremembered

Nobody is obssesed with you - just responding to your post. I'm saying that you felt it was time to jump on bruinsalways and accuse him of presenting himself as someone else, and then called him sad.

I'd say that's a lie, followed by a personal shot

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

we would not want Kessel back says who?

Me.  Didn't you start this thread asking people for their opinions?  I gave you mine.

fletch u said no one wants him back wat ur saying u don't want him back so no one must want him back.Just reflect on that.  

loosen up on ur need of commanding and controlling these boards!

[/QUOTE]

marco, it is really hard to understand your writing style or whatever that is above, but I am trying.  I just wrote my opinion about Kessel, like everyone else.  If it bothers you, that's your problem.  You seem a little emotional today -- remember to be respectful.  You seem to still be having trouble with that, and you've had a lot of accounts banned already...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Move on Wensink.  I'm flattered, but lots to talk about besides me.

25. This post has been removed.