Who'll be the first to run at Seguin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Who'll be the first to run at Seguin?

It's coming.
    I don't know who it will be.
    But, God help whomever it is! Because no-one else will.

I'm leaning toward Matt Cooke or Jarku Ruutu...maybe Chris Neil.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: How'll be the first to run at Seguin?

"Who'll"

They'll have to catch him first.  Since he got clobbered by Ryan Wlison he seems to be getting a little more shifty...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: How'll be the first to run at Seguin?:
    [QUOTE]"Who'll" They'll have to catch him first.  Since he got clobbered by Ryan Wlison he seems to be getting a little more shifty...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the point-out! My right hand was faster than me left.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Cooke is a changed man. Cross him off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Who'll be the first to run at Seguin?

who can catch seguin? i really believe teams won't stir the B'S nest. they have as much muscle as any team in the league. why do you think the sabres did nothing? the game was close and they knew to get the bruins emotionally/physically involved would be a HUGE mistake. not only because the b's play better in those situations, but, there really wasn't anyone on their team that can handle lucic, chara, mcquaid. i wouldn't be surprised to hear that miller wants a trade, who would want to play in front of those pansies? it's like they had a family picture planned, and didn't want a black eye to ruin it.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

haha, just reminded me of our family picture (extended- like 35 of us in suits and dresses, picture taken at a nice hotel), and my younger brother showing up in a suit with a fat lip and a nasty shiner! bar-fight the night before! we ragged on him something awful... his only reply "you should see the other guy". we didn't doubt his response. but there was just something funny about a guy dressed to the nines- smiling crazily, with a shiner and fat lip. priceless- that photo hangs in every family members home...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

In Response to Who'll be the first to run at Seguin?:
    [QUOTE]It's coming. I don't know who it will be. But, God help whomever it is! Because no-one else will. I'm leaning toward Matt Cooke or Jarku Ruutu...maybe Chris Neil.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

I think all the other teams saw what happened when Rome hit Horton last season...

If you poke the bear, you're going to get annihilated...

I don't know why, but we've seen this to be true throughout the years...

The Bruins beat a much more skilled team because they don't take crap from anyone...

So to answer your question, Wheatskins, I hope it's Cookie or Burrows haha...

But my point is I think teams are shying away from going after B's players because everyone knows it wakes them up...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: Who'll be the first to run at Seguin?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Who'll be the first to run at Seguin? : I think all the other teams saw what happened when Rome hit Horton last season... If you poke the bear, you're going to get annihilated... I don't know why, but we've seen this to be true throughout the years... The Bruins beat a much more skilled team because they don't take crap from anyone... So to answer your question, Wheatskins, I hope it's Cookie or Burrows haha... But my point is I think teams are shying away from going after B's players because everyone knows it wakes them up...
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]
    totally agree...not only does it "wake the sleeping bear", but it make put them "to sleep"- if you know what i'm sayin'!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

My guess would be Phaneuf, Komisarek might try something but is probably too afraid of getting Lucic'd.

I don't necessarily think it will be dirty but I can see someone taking a huge open ice-run at him. Could be a tough but solid player like Clarkson.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Sure I could see someone running one of our star players. And I could then see Chara or Mcquaid dropping the hammer on them real quick and sending them off for the night. Even Boychuk or Ferrence (Never seen Corvo fight but hey why not, he's not exactly a small softie like Kabs was). Basically we have someone thats ready to put up on the ice at all times. I like that. Haha

Thats just for our defenseman btw.

We also have Lucic, Horton, Campbell, Thornton, and Caron that are always willing to drop them. I just figured that could go without mention.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Why would someone run Seguin? Because he had a great week?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]Why would someone run Seguin? Because he had a great week?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    and honestly...to that point, who besides buffalo has a legitimate beef with the bruins? why would they provoke the b's needlessly? i was just playing the what if game. and talking about the next game vs. the sabres...nothing will happen- it never does- too many people watching too closely. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Actually both Bergeron and Marchand would be right in the middle of anything nasty originated by another team against Seguin. Even Seguin, young as he is, is not a wimp. the Klh line is tough, and they protect Kreji; the Kelly line does not look the other way in any situation; plus Campbell and now Caron are not easy to play against. As mentioned, there are also Chara, McQuaid, Boychuck, Ference when healthy. Plus Seidenberg and Corvo, not a patsy on this team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I agree adk, these games almost nothing happens, like the Vancouver game coming up, people think it's going to be a blood bath but it won't be...However, soemthing will happen in this Buffalo game, they were called out by lucic,by Miller,by the press and by their fans. At the least someone will challenge lucic or go after thomas.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]I agree adk, these games almost nothing happens, like the Vancouver game coming up, people think it's going to be a blood bath but it won't be...However, soemthing will happen in this Buffalo game, they were called out by lucic,by Miller,by the press and by their fans. At the least someone will challenge lucic or go after thomas.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    the thing is...last night they played a team much like them in the "toughness" category. they were given another shot to exact revenge for their goaltender. the very next game- a chance to set things right in the lockerroom. they did nothing...i don't care if it was ot. they laid down like they did against the b's. simply sad. nobody's going to want to play behind those big babies.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Kaleta, unless we smoke him first.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

To clarify, I am answering in the context of teams generally targetting their opponents' top players for extra physical punishment, not that I think Seguin will be targetted for anything he does or has done or the Miller collision will have anything to do with it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Watch out for Kaleta next game vs Buffalo...total punk

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Yes, I'll watch Kaleta get steamrolled if he tries anything. There are very few players on the B's that I don't think wouldn't beat the bag out of Kaleta.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]Watch out for Kaleta next game vs Buffalo...total punk
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

Arather crude video but this guy gets away with so much garbage - it was only a matter of time.
    Speaking of whiner Ruff -- check out his comments after the game

"Their doctors deemed him to have a concussion," Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. "That's

disappointing. When a player's got his back turned, it's disappointing. He took a tough blow

there. You hope that it's dealt with.

"That's serious. Head injuries are serious. It's been a big topic. It's been talked a lot

about. He was defenseless on the play. I don't like it. I don't think we should like it. I

think the players need to respect each other a little more.

"You can tell the impact by the fact his helmet flew off his head. I disagree with the lack

of respect that he showed our player on that play."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

All this talk of Kaleta... He does some garbage stuff yes but I've never seen him run a player. Plays after the whistle are one thing, they're a part of the game imo, but he isn't known as a cheap shot guy. (Yes I know all about the headbutts, man up he isn't the first to do it).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Segs ain't a whimp.  Of course, those that play for those open hits with the inten of taking that person out of the game (or worse) are whimps..all they are good for.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I am not worry about this, the gm. plan will be Thornton will drop the gloves with someone on his very first shift to send a quick message. Lucic will be typical fearless and hitting which ever d man that will be up against him. McCormick and Kaleta will be very tired and sore when this gm. is over.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Dougie Hamilton will probably be at 225 by then..LoL!  EDIT: how the ^&* did I mis the Captain..sure he will have something to say.  In addition, there's McQuaid and Sedes.

Bottom line: this team stands up for each other- the number doesn't matter- just the spoked B!