Wht Does TT Play The Third Period?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Wht Does TT Play The Third Period?

It is a 5-1 game, a stinker. The B's are not coming back,
    Your number one needs the rest.
    What was the point?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Wht Does TT Play The Third Period?

Yeah, I don't get it either (unless it was to send a message to Rask... but he's been slumping all season so what would that message be?)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Tuuka needs work. Send him to P-Bruins for 3 or so games in a row. Bring him back and give him a start. And then rotate between he and TT. Otherwise we will see more of this.

P.S. Not a popular proposition with the BDC "experts" when suggested 4-6 weeks ago.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Why would you want to deflate a young goaltender's confidence even more?  I personally think 5 goals is the max any goalie should be subject to in any game.. All CJ would have done is embarrass Tukka by leaving him in, and really serves no purpose.... You could tell he was demorilized after the 5th goal..

I would not be worried about Thomas getting tired at all...

I know why CJ put Tukka in tonite ,  so TT can play in front of friends and family on Sunday, but I would have started TT tonite , and on Sunday and saved Tukka for Toronto and NY Isles next week and build up his confidence..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In Response to Re: Wht Does TT Play The Third Period?:
    [QUOTE]I would have started TT tonite , and on Sunday and saved Tukka for Toronto and NY Isles next week and build up his confidence..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was shocked to see Tuukka starting tonight. But, now if we don't at least take a point out of Sunday, CJ may feel pressed to play TT just for some needed wins (look what the Isles did to Pens tonight... want that to be Rask?)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Thomas's worst game of the year is followed by a poor performance from Rask.  Who would have predicted this?  Nice job of screwing up your goaltending Claude the fraud Julien.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas's worst game of the year is followed by a poor performance from Rask.  Who would have predicted this?  Nice job of screwing up your goaltending Claude the fraud Julien.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

You did notice Thomas make several outstanding saves in that game , right , especially the pad save that would have given Montreal a 1-0 lead early and might have had a different outcome?  Difference is he won and Rask lost ! Price let in 8 and I didn't think he played that bad.. Both team's D sucked huge that game and left their goalies out to dry..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wht Does TT Play The Third Period? : You did notice Thomas make several outstanding saves in that game , right , especially the pad save that would have given Montreal a 1-0 lead early and might have had a different outcome?  Difference is he won and Rask lost ! Price let in 8 and I didn't think he played that bad.. Both team's D sucked huge that game and left their goalies out to dry..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

If it was not Thomas worst performance of the season, please tell me in what game you think he played worse.  He was good early in the game but got worse as the game went on.  The 5 hole goal on the PK in the second was just plain awful. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Obvious Tuuka was going to start tonight..Pretty sure the whole team played poorly in front of him..Detroits just a better team;

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wht Does TT Play The Third Period? : If it was not Thomas worst performance of the season, please tell me in what game you think he played worse.  He was good early in the game but got worse as the game went on.  The 5 hole goal on the PK in the second was just plain awful. 

How about the last time the Bruins played the Habs?  Thomas let in several weak ones if I remember correctly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wht Does TT Play The Third Period? : If it was not Thomas worst performance of the season, please tell me in what game you think he played worse.  He was good early in the game but got worse as the game went on.  The 5 hole goal on the PK in the second was just plain awful. 

Hard to tell , he has been brilliant for the most part and probably the main reason the Bruins are where they are..I probably will go with the last game against Phily when he gave up 5 ..but again the Bruins won! go figure!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

It is funny to hear people blame CJ for screwing up the goalies.  The only one to blame is TR for playing poorly, letting in goals early and giving up soft ones.  I hope he snaps out of it.  Not the coaches fault.

Pulling the goalie?  Of course! TR was embarrassingly bad tonight.  I am not a TR hater but i did hate his play last night.  The rest of the team took the night off to but the tender has to play better than that.  Coach HAD to pull the goalie in that game for the goalies sake and the teams sake.

CJ actually had a good quote on boston.com today-" the plan is to get TR some starts, but the plan is always changing."

I am not a big CJ fan, but he does not deserve blame for the goalie situation this year.  If you do blame him, does he deserve CREDIT for TT's good play????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]Tuuka needs work. Send him to P-Bruins for 3 or so games in a row. Bring him back and give him a start. And then rotate between he and TT. Otherwise we will see more of this. P.S. Not a popular proposition with the BDC "experts" when suggested 4-6 weeks ago.
    Posted by SteveM[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, the kid needs playing time to get his game and confidence back, sitting on the bench for 2 weeks then playing against the wings while your team stinks up the building then getting yanked in the 3rd period isnt going to do it. play the kid more Clod

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wht Does TT Play The Third Period? : I agree with this, the kid needs playing time to get his game and confidence back, sitting on the bench for 2 weeks then playing against the wings while your team stinks up the building then getting yanked in the 3rd period isnt going to do it. play the kid more Clod
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately the Bruins dont have the luxury of trial by fire.. The kid has to snap himself out of this by himself.. Your suggesting sacrifice the wins by TT who is the best goalie in the NHL right now so Tukka can get his confidence back , while TT sits .. I don't agree.. Last year you wouldn't have said the same thing with Thomas sitting for long period of time while Rask ran with it.. Now this year its reversed.. Them's the breaks..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

TT's play versus the Habs has been brutal, against everyone else fantastic. Lets hope we don't play the Habs in the playoffs. For whatever reason TT can't stop a beachball when the B's play Montreal. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i'd like to know how cj is ruining rask's confidence. i think he was trying to do the opposite by pulling him in the 3rd. the team wasn't playing in front of him and he didn't want to let him go through having 7,8, or 9 goals scored against him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

jesus, isn't two bad periods enough on Rask? You really wanted to see the carwreck play a 3rd period v. Detroit? Wow....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]jesus, isn't two bad periods enough on Rask? You really wanted to see the carwreck play a 3rd period v. Detroit? Wow....
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    I didn't want to see TT for the 3rd against the Habs(4 goals on 17 shots).What's your point?What's good for the goose.........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

I SEND RASK TO THE BLUE JACKETS FOR CHRIS MASON AND TAKE WHEELER AN SEND HIM TO TORONTO FOR KESSEL AN A DRAFT PICK