WHY ALL OF CANADA WANTS MORE FOR BOSTON TO LOSE, THAN FOR VANCOUVER TO WIN
posted at 6/11/2011 6:28 PM EDT
1. We have to listen to Don Cherry on the CBC make excuses for Boston when they lose or get outhit. Can you guys please put some money into your broadcast and bring this loudmouth Boston Bruin cheerleader home? He is hated here, loved there. So somebody, please, pickle him and ship him to beantown.
2. We hate "thug hockey" of which, Boston is the poster-child.
3. Brad Marchand. A loudmouth rookie with no respect for anyone, not even his coach. He is a spineless little creep who pretends he has guts...but ducks hits, grabs, hooks, holds, punches guys on the bottom of a pile who can't even see him and then tries to sweet-talk the refs.
4. Lucic. He scores 30 goals in the regular season because the play is slow enough for him. In the playoffs he can't contribute much offensively because he is too slow. The guy might as well be skating in cement. And what does he do to compensate; plays like a cement-head, face-washing people, hitting them 10 seconds after the game is over, cross-checking and I could go on.
5. Because the ref's go harder on your opposition than you in the playoffs..and you can't even score on the powerplay. It's the ugliest PP in the history of the game guys. Know why it's that bad? Because your team lacks skill.
6. League management hangs out with Cam Neely in the company box. How dumb is that?
7. Is there a smarmier face in hockey than Tim Thomas? His smirk at the end of game 4 was a joke. I can't wait to see the old farts face when Vancouver takes the cup. I've heard he's a great guy...but playing for Boston seems to automatically turn you into an jerk. And he sure looked like an jerk with that stupid smirk on his face
8. Speaking of faces. Has there been an uglier team in the history of the NHL? Probably back when no one wore helmets, and guys were stitched like a major league baseball, there was a team, probably captained by Eddie Shore...this ugly. But this team is literally an hommage to the wart hog. Stand "rhino" Lucic, "Snout" Horton, and "Ratface" Marchand side-by-side and you scare Michael out of his vintage goalie mask. What a trio of horrors!
9. Your anthem singer. Boston, for God's sake he's not the ghost of Kate Smith. Retire this joke and his ridiculous arm-pump. Take a page from Montreal or Vancouver, or even some game starter at a barn in Minnesota. This is The Stanley Cup playoffs. Do the league, hockey and people in general the world over a favour and start the game with some class and real excitement. Renee "whiskey-nose" Raincourt is as lame as it gets in sport.
In the words of The NFL Sunday afternoon guys...C'mon Man!
10. Boston beat Montreal with thug hockey, and if you win the cup with thug hockey...then thug hockey is back...and that just reeks!