Why Bruins will win Game 7

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Why Bruins will win Game 7

There is no way the Caps will take three of four in Boston.

Teams in this position have a 5.5% chance of success. Or put another way: 1 chance in 20. Furthermore, teams requiring three road wins, after losing game six are 0 for 24.

Interesting and useless stats. Let's drop the puck and get on with it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Re: Why Bruins will win Game 7

CBC mentioned that the Caps have never gone into Game 6 with a lead in the series and lost, only to win Game 7.
    Hate these stats but hope the B's continue the trend and wipe the Caps from the playoffs Wed night

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

LB, I think you heard wrong. The Caps have never won a Game 7.

Check out this website: http://www.whowins.com/

From the website: "when losing Game 6 after having led a best-of-7 NHL playoff series 3-games-2, the Washington Capitals have a 0-4 Game 7 record)."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Holtby is not Cam Ward

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Yep, useless stats.

B's before last year after losing the first 2 of a playoff series? 0-26.

Teams winning 3 Game 7s in a playoff season before last year? 0.

Whoever wants that game Wed the most, wins, period.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Hopefully the referees will let the players decide the game much like last season's game 7 in the conference finals against Tampa where there were no penalties called.  The late penalty against Pouliot for a supposed slash in Game 5 was just brutal.

However one thing I noticed and I am sure many of you did as well, the Bruins are so sloppy when they try to clear the puck out of their own zone. For example when they are killing a penalty and Chara has the puck behind the net with enough time to move up a little and slap it out of the zone, instead he stays behind the net and just non chalantly tries to clear it from there when he knows that the Capitals defenceman will be at the point to stop his clearing attempt.

The Bruins very often won't take that extra step to make sure that their clearing attempts do in fact make it out of the zone.  Too many defensive errors and for many of the games in this series they have fallen behind and are forced to play catchup all the time. This is what worries me about Game 7, plus it is hard to beat the same team 2 times in a row.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Offense slump is over...B's 5 Caps 1 ...next round please Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (sent from my IPad)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Why Bruins will win Game 7:
    [QUOTE]Hopefully the referees will let the players decide the game much like last season's game 7 in the conference finals against Tampa where there were no penalties called.  The late penalty against Pouliot for a supposed slash in Game 5 was just brutal. However one thing I noticed and I am sure many of you did as well, the Bruins are so sloppy when they try to clear the puck out of their own zone. For example when they are killing a penalty and Chara has the puck behind the net with enough time to move up a little and slap it out of the zone, instead he stays behind the net and just non chalantly tries to clear it from there when he knows that the Capitals defenceman will be at the point to stop his clearing attempt. The Bruins very often won't take that extra step to make sure that their clearing attempts do in fact make it out of the zone.  Too many defensive errors and for many of the games in this series they have fallen behind and are forced to play catchup all the time. This is what worries me about Game 7, plus it is hard to beat the same team 2 times in a row.
    Posted by Bruinsfanforever[/QUOTE]

Would love to see 5 on 5 hockey like game 7 of the ECF last year. Refs let them play. If O'rourke is on this game, like todays, expect a special teams fest. He'll call 10 phantom penalties and ignore the blatant ones. Not sure what he's doing on the ice during the playoffs.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

[QUOTE]LB, I think you heard wrong. The Caps have never won a Game 7. Check out this website: http://www.whowins.com/ From the website: " when losing Game 6 after having led a best-of-7 NHL playoff series 3-games-2, the Washington Capitals have a 0-4 Game 7 record)."
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

I did hear right just wrote it wrong. My Bad Wheat. Thanks for pointing it out though. Did sound like I said the Caps win when they have never done so

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Let's hope so, but there's a lot to overcome, including sticking with Claude's "stack-em" defense, which most teams have found ways to counter. Claude has to provide his players with more freedom to attack incoming shooters, the other is just not working as evident on two of Washington's goals yesterday. Every time I read Fluto's reports, I wonder which game he is watching. Fluto claims that Ovie's goal "whistled" by timmy. What we saw was a puck dribbling thru the 5 hole. I'm convinced that Fluto thinks he is writing a novel.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Let's hope so, but there's a lot to overcome, including sticking with Claude's "stack-em" defense, which most teams have found ways to counter. Claude has to provide his players with more freedom to attack incoming shooters, the other is just not working as evident on two of Washington's goals yesterday. Every time I read Fluto's reports, I wonder which game he is watching. Fluto claims that Ovie's goal "whistled" by timmy. What we saw was a puck dribbling thru the 5 hole. I'm convinced that Fluto thinks he is writing a novel.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

The Bruins have allowed a little over 2 goals a game in these playoffs even with TT subpar in certain games. The defensive system that Julien has in place is just fine.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If the Caps try to play that defensive system this time around I think the Bruins will bust through it and win by multiple goals. Caps are not as confident holding the fort in the back.  Besides the Bruins have adjusted well and found a way to circumvent the Caps defensive system in their own end.

If the Caps play a run and gun style (highly unlikely) the Bruins defensive system will come out on top and that leave the Caps vulnerable on defense especially with the neutral zone turnovers.  Again, Bruins will outscore the Caps.

I like how the Bruin forwards are holding the puck and not shooting those weak shots on net as soon as they cross into the offensive zone.

Another note is when crossing the blueline those cross ice passes to the winger on the far side and/or the center high in the slot the Caps get exposed and open up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I agree with Stanley and Ipot. Looks like the top two lines have finally started to wake from their slumber. That is bad news for the Caps. Though, it looks like Bergeron is obviously playing hurt which is not a good sign.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

...because it will be easy, just like the first six games...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

If you can count an overtime win easy, which is what I think it will be.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]I like how the Bruin forwards are holding the puck and not shooting those weak shots on net as soon as they corss into the offensive zone. Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Good call on this Legion - to me it's the #1 reason why we're seeing more Bruins goals recently. Lucic has been doing it all series, and now guys like Pouliot, Peverly, Krejci and Marchand have caught on. Would love to see Seguin, Kelly, Rolston and Bergeron do more of it. Carry it in and show some patience instead of crashing the net and blindly flinging it that way.

The only caveat: Bruins forwards without the puck MUST keep their legs moving and be creative in their offensive zone skating. Too many times we see them cross the blue line and scatter quickly into their position. Instead, they really need to continue to move, support the puck and then break to open ice as soon as there's a lane and possession.

But I digress...I really just wanted to say good point.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

The Bruins have so much more talent and depth I still dont understand why we are at game 7 ....(I had B's in 6 ...look in the 2012 playoffs prediction post) ....

And is it me or Seguin looks to me so much faster than OVI ?????  

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Seguin has been at the top of his game the last 2 games and that's a big reason why we can show some more positive outlooks. I love his demeanor and I don't know if I've ever seen a young player so carefree calm during TV interviews. He's very relaxed, to me he's in a zone and I hope it translates into a 2-point or more game for him in Game 7. He's flat out a game-changer, that we know. Seguin also, like Marchand, has a great sense of humor. The great B's teams always seem to have comedians or funny players---Espo, Makenzie, Cheevers had great wit during their playing days. Orr was always super calm in his interviews back in the day--not comparing Seguin, just the way there are some similarities to the Big Bad Bruins teams and the current lot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins have so much more talent and depth I still dont understand why we are at game 7 ....(I had B's in 6 ...look in the 2012 playoffs prediction post) .... And is it me or Seguin looks to me so much faster than OVI ?????   Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]
    blah blah blah blah blah.... nobody here gives a hoot what you say anymore stanley. you are the "worst bruin fan in canada", don't kid yourself. you've kicked the bruins to the curb too many times to be taken for a fan. take this for what it's worth, you're the one and only person i will now put on ignore. think about that-

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]Yep, useless stats. B's before last year after losing the first 2 of a playoff series? 0-26. Teams winning 3 Game 7s in a playoff season before last year? 0. Whoever wants that game Wed the most, wins, period.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

I have kind of an alternate view of stats.  If anything is 0 for 26, change is imminent.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Bruins will win Game 7 : blah blah blah blah blah.... nobody here gives a hoot what you say anymore stanley. you are the "worst bruin fan in canada", don't kid yourself. you've kicked the bruins to the curb too many times to be taken for a fan. take this for what it's worth, you're the one and only person i will now put on ignore. think about that-
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

.........and shame on anyone who ever did.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I don't see game 7 being any different then the rest of them in this series. It's going to be tight and a bad bounce here or there could send either team to the golf course. I"m just glad to see it's going 7. Bruins can still win it.

Don't get me wrong; I'd love to see the Bruins break out and score a bunch early, but I just can't see why things would be any different.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

[QUOTE]I don't see game 7 being any different then the rest of them in this series. It's going to be tight and a bad bounce here or there could send either team to the golf course. I"m just glad to see it's going 7. Bruins can still win it. Don't get me wrong; I'd love to see the Bruins break out and score a bunch early, but I just can't see why things would be any different.
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]

I see OV getting caught out of position a few times and the B's "capitalize" on his mistakes. Trying to carry the puck, going for a hit or being too tired to do anything from a long shift. He always puts himself in front of the team. The main reason I dislike him so much